About This File
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix
- Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of the Enhanced Spells mod. Because the scope of the mod now extends well beyond spells, the name has changed.
- This evolved from my personal mods for playing Sacred 2, as well as from my work on the Community Patch. I decided there were enough gameplay improvements and interesting changes to share it with adventurous players. The mod is a combination of fixes, redesigned balance, and cosmetic changes.
- S2EE is designed for the player to install one of two core modules: one with the original spells lineup, and another with the Enhanced Spells lineup. The player can then install some optional add-on modules.
Currently supported languages:
- Enhanced Spells Version: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
- Original Spells Version: All Languages.
I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken quests or other odd quest behavior.
Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
- Mod Enabler is available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
- For Steam the root folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold
- For GOG or disk version, the root folder is wherever you installed the game, for example C:\Sacred 2 Gold
- After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
- Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed file into the "MODS" folder. There should be four folders and some documentation (the documentation need not be placed in the MODS folder).
- S2EE contains two core modules and three optional add-on modules. Choose ONE core module! Either Sacred 2 EE 2.1 - Original Spells OR Sacred 2 EE 2.1 - Enhanced Spells. Do not install both at once.
- Run the GME and enable your core module. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
- - Optional - add-on modules such as Challenge Mode and SuperSpawn may should be installed afterward. One or both can be used in combination with either core module. Classic Icons should only be installed on top of the Enhanced Spells module. Do not install either of the add-on modules without one of the core modules installed first.
- This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
- This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
- No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Spells should be installed.
- No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Nude Mods, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
- Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.
Development (Enhanced Spells module):
For detailed list of changes to combat arts, and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:
- SuperSpawn multiplies the enemy spawn density across the map by a factor of 2-3x.
- Does not affect bosses or creatures spawned through quests.
- Respawn rate is not affected.
Challenge Mode Features:
- Critical hit damage increased from 1.2x to 2x times damage.
- 20% increase of T-Energy damage against the player.
- Chance for T-Energy to mutate enemies increased by 25%.
- Max speed in the game quadrupled. The player isn't faster by default, but will benefit from more Run Speed +% gear. Enemies will move faster as well.
- Enemy aggro range tripled.
- Aggro range for white (much lower level than player) enemies doubled.
- Boss aggro range increased by about 10%.
- Range for clearing the fog of war on the map is tripled (results in more enemies).
- Cooldown for healing potions is doubled.
- Slightly lower chance to get runes.
- Respawn rate remains vanilla (does not use lowered respawn rate from base EE).
- Enemies gain greater damage from attributes.
- Overall intensity of enemies increased by 25%.
- Enemy weapon and spell damage and armor significantly increased (from about 40% on bronze to over 300% on Niobium).
- Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
- Sonic Vortex is missing the visual effect when mounted. No known solution.
- Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
- If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.
- - desm for translating the mod to French.
- - Shadowflare85 for translating the mod to German.
- - KrystianCzach243r for translating the mod to Polish.
- - Nikoleagle and LordKomar for translating the mod to Russian.
- - Deivix for translating the mod to Spanish.
- - Pesmontis for importing and adjusting several models.
- - dimitrius154 for doing programming work and other advice.
- - SX255 for making the new Deathly Spears icon.
- - Luthal for helping me work out how to handle summoned minions.
- - Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
- - Gogoblender and Schot for hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
- - Llama for making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.
What's New in Version 1.4 See changelog
- Enhanced Spells Changelog 1.3 >> 1.4
- Changed Dragon Mage's casting animations for Energy Blaze and Dragon's Wrath to allow for faster casting when Dual Wielding.
- Fixed bugged animations for Dragon Mage when Dual Wielding on special mount.
- Added new portrait pack + brighter player health bar.
- Added translation for Russian language.
- Added compatibility with Elite Mounts mod for all 5 supported languages.