About This File
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix
- Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of the old Enhanced Spells mod.
- S2EE came about during the development of the Community Patch and my other mods (such as Diablo 2 Fallen). S2EE contains hundreds of bugfixes, and numerous gameplay improvements that are not strictly fixes.
- S2EE is designed for the player to install a CORE module, then they may install some optional add-on modules.
- See the included "Sacred 2 EE 2.4 Manual.pdf" for full list of modules and features.
Currently supported languages:
- CORE module: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian.
- Alternate Spells module: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken quests, re-rolled bonuses on gear, or other odd behavior.
Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
- Mod Enabler is available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
- For Steam the root folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold
- For GOG or disk version, the root folder is wherever you installed the game, for example C:\Sacred 2 Gold
- After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
- Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed zip file into the "MODS" folder. There should be 6 folders and some documentation (the documentation need not be placed in the MODS folder).
- S2EE contains one CORE module and five optional add-on modules. You must install "Sacred 2 CORE EE 2.4 - Required" at the very least.
- Run the GME and enable the CORE module. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
- - Optional - add-on modules such as Alternate Spells, Challenge Mode, Classic Icons, and SuperSpawn should be installed afterward. Do not install any of the add-on modules without the CORE module installed first.
- This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
- This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
- No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Edition should be installed.
- No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Nude Mods, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
- Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.
Development (Enhanced Spells module):
For detailed list of changes to combat arts (and Alternate Spells) , and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:
- SuperSpawn multiplies the enemy spawn density across the map by a factor of 2-3x.
- Does not affect bosses or creatures spawned through quests.
- Respawn rate is not affected.
Challenge Mode Features:
- Critical hit damage increased from 1.2x to 2x times damage.
- 20% increase of T-Energy damage against the player.
- Chance for T-Energy to mutate enemies increased by 25%.
- Max speed in the game quadrupled. The player isn't faster by default, but will benefit from more Run Speed +% gear. Enemies will move faster as well.
- Enemy aggro range tripled.
- Aggro range for white (much lower level than player) enemies doubled.
- Boss aggro range increased by about 10%.
- Range for clearing the fog of war on the map is tripled (results in more enemies).
- Cooldown for healing potions is doubled.
- Slightly lower chance to get runes.
- Respawn rate remains vanilla (does not use lowered respawn rate from base EE).
- Enemies gain greater damage from attributes.
- Overall intensity of enemies increased by 25%.
- Enemy weapon and spell damage and armor significantly increased (from about 40% on bronze to over 300% on Niobium).
- Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
- Sonic Vortex is missing the visual effect when mounted. No known solution.
- Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
- If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.
- desm for translating the mod to French.
- Shadowflare85 for translating the mod to German.
- KrystianCzach243r for translating the mod to Polish.
- Nikoleagle and LordKomar for translating the mod to Russian.
- Deivix for translating the mod to Spanish.
- Pokolfajzat - for translating the mod to Hungarian.
- Pesmontis for importing and adjusting several models.
- dimitrius154 for doing programming work and other advice.
- SX255 for making the new Deathly Spears icon.
- Luthal for helping me work out how to handle summoned minions.
- Caledor for ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects, and the interface.
- Charon117 for making tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
- Ysendra for making new Daemon textures.
- Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
- Llama for making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.
What's New in Version 2.0 See changelog
* Critical hit damage is increased from 1.2x to 1.5x damage (2x in Challenge Mode).
* Max Run Speed cap is raised from 150% to 450% (includes enemies as well).
* Enemy aggro range increased by 200% (250% in Challenge Mode).
* Boss aggro range is slightly increased.
* Range for clearing the map fog of war is doubled (tripled in Challenge Mode).
* Merchant stock is larger and can have slightly higher quality offers.
* Special Mounts now gain XP at the same rate as the player (reduced from +300%).
* Enemy respawn time is increased from 180s to 300s (unchanged in Challenge Mode).
* Healing potion cooldown is increased from 5s to 7s (10s in Challenge Mode).
* Gold and XP rewards for solving quests are significantly increased, especially at higher difficulty levels.
* Added new quest rewards for several bosses and chain quests (unique items, skill or attribute points).
* All weapon-based combat arts, hybrid combat arts, and almost all offensive spells now hurl enemies (ragdoll physics) when they die.
* Combat Arts that disarm enemies have chance raised to 100%.
* Divine Gift durations increased by around 50%. Kuan's Breath will now affect higher level enemies
* Horse CA Leap now has a scaling 50% chance to break roots, and will slow movement speed of enemies at the starting location.
* Horse CA Charge now buffs the rider with defense, damage mitigation, and light healing during the charge. The charge damage also scales better and can hurl enemies away.
* Horse CA Rear Up now has better damage scaling and can hurl enemies away. It also now has a scaling 40% chance for bleeding damage.
* Assailing Somersault - has greater jump distance.
* Cleansing Brilliance - health regeneration increased.
* Fire Demon - demon level scales better with CA increase.
* Belligerent Vault - has greater jump distance. Player no longer needs to target an enemy to use it.
* Twisted Torment - greatly improved base damage and damage from modifications.
* Amplifying Discharge - now inflicts some base ice damage. Bullets now home in on enemies.
* Archimedes Beam - has longer range and will knockback enemies.
* Dragon Form - Fireball and Fire Odem have improved damage.
* Tornado - now inflicts some base ice damage.
* Destroyer - now inflicts some base fire damage.
Skills and Attributes:
* Improved tooltip description text for all skills and attributes.
* Attributes' effect on weapon damage is increased.
* Dragon Mage can now learn the following skills: Dual Wield, Hafted Weapons, Ranged Weapons. Spell Resistance is now secondary skill.
* Dryad can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Toughness.
* High Elf can now learn the following skills: Hafted Weapons, Combat Reflexes, Toughness. Constitution is now primary skill.
* Inquisitor can now use shields and learn the following skill: Shield Lore.
* Shadow Warrior can now learn the following skill: Magic Staves.
* Seraphim can now learn the following skill: Hafted Weapons.
* Temple Guardian can now learn the following skill: Magic Staves. Concentration is now primary skill.
* Damage Lore is now a primary skill choice for all characters, so that a pure spellcaster doesn't have to take a weapon skill to access it.
* Pacifism skill removed from game.
* Alchemy skill now unlocks temporary DOT mitigation on Recovery Elixirs.
* Trophy powers now scale better with the Alchemy skill.
* Improved the efficacy of the Enhanced Perception skill.
* Decreased the efficacy of the Toughness skill. Armor and Damage Mitigation granted by Toughness are now at 85% of the former values.
* Increased the efficacy of the Speed Lore skill. Attack, Defense, and Run Speed granted by Speed Lore are now at 140% of the former values.
* Increased the efficacy of Blacksmith Mastery's chance to extract items without destroying the other socketed items (now caps around 97% at highest skill level). In return, Blacksmithing costs are not reduced as much by the skill.
* Blacksmith Mastery now unlocks a third powerful bonus on each Blacksmith Art.
* Elite enemies (and some bosses) have greater damage, hitpoints, and chance to hit, and also grant more XP per kill.
* The Creature of Skull Rock (Shadow Path quest opponent) is now a large and powerful boss monster.
* Varmin (Dragon Mage class quest opponent) has a new appearance and is now a powerful boss enemy.
* Elite red Young Dragons will no longer cast Meteor Shower.
* Dragon bosses have more varied spells and damage types depending on location (e.g., poison for Swamp Dragon, ice for Frost Dragon, etc.).
* More Dark Paladins now spawn in the Dark Army's ranks.
* Elite Aracin and elite Ursacin can now spawn outside of quests.
* Several enemies now use shields: Dryad Cultists, Minotaurs, Haenir, Daloriel the Depraved, "Ancient Secrets" Guardians.
* Thranak the Mad Ogre now uses a T-Energy staff.
* Thraconians and Lizardmen now have more weapon/shield variation.
* Elite Griffins get a new skin.
* Improved variation of Human Noble quest characters (no longer the same NPC used for 16 different quests).
* Lengthy enemy names shortened for Jungle Lizards, Elf Pirates, Inquisition Guards, and Dragon Cultists.
* Varieties of Olm, Thraconians, and Cultists now have different names based on what kind of attacks they use.
* Adjusted some enemy names to better match their appearance and the quest texts: Small Spider, Undead Auxillar, Moldered Skeleton Archer, Flayed One.
* Special Mounts make less noisy and intrusive idle sounds.
* Weapon icon size is standardized for all weapon types (e.g., all 2h Axes are 2x4, all Shortswords are 1x3, etc.).
* Several longswords and sabers that were re-classed as shortswords by the CM Patch (based on their small icon size) are switched back, and their icons are enlarged instead. Likewise a few smaller swords are reclassed as shortswords.
* Intensely bright glow fx on several weapons and shields is reduced so that the underlying designs can be seen better.
* Selling Price modifier removed from random items' bonus lists. Replaced with Survival Bonus on uniques.
* Chance to Find Valuables modifier on Legendary Relics no longer requires the Enhanced Perception skill.
* Decreased values of "Damage Mitgation: All +X%" equipment modifier to approximately 75% of the former values. This does not affect single element Damage Mitigation or Damage Mitigation granted by Combat Arts.
* Decreased values of "Block Chance" equipment modifiers unlocked by Shield Lore to approximately 75% of the former values.
* Rare-tier damage converters may now have a Chance for Secondary Effect +% based on damage type.
* The player can now find unique damage converters which give additional Damage +% based on damage type.
* Leech life from opponents (LL%) will no longer appear on rare items, only unique or better.
* Regeneration per hit (RPH) will no longer appear on magic items, only rare or better.
* Merchants will now sell Concentration Potions and Recovery Elixirs.
* Blacksmiths will now sell shields.
* Legendary jewelry now spawns with an additional bonus at level 75+, typically unlocked by skill mastery.
* High level rare items now have a good chance for an extra bonus or socket.
* Added racial damage bonuses to Bugslayer, Orcslayer, Dragonslayer, and Dragon's Nemesis.
* Uniques are re-balanced. Overpowered weapons and shields now have reduced modifiers and fewer sockets, while underpowered items (particularly 2h weapons) have modifier boosts and more sockets.
* Selection of normal/magic/rare items is more varied, and item appearance, quality, rarity are better matched. Some unused Ascaron designs are activated as well.
* Unique items are now unique in appearance. They will not share models with one other. This will only affect items dropped after installing the mod.
* Miniset designs are reworked to be more visually coherent. Set pieces match one other better now. Only affects pieces dropped after installing the mod.
* Added a new green Dragonscale armor for the Dragon Mage that can be found as random rares, as well as part of the miniset Halgrim's Law.
* 20 new shield designs are introduced to the pool of random items the player may find or buy.
* 16 new bow designs are introduced.
* 6 new throwing star designs are introduced.
* 2 new pole arm designs are introduced.
* 16 new magic staff designs are introduced.
* 15 new hafted weapon designs are introduced.
* 22 new sword weapon designs are introduced.
* Revised bonuses on items rewarded for completing the character class quests. Characters also get a unique helm in addition to a weapon.