18 Screenshots

About This File

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix

• Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of my work on older mods such as Enhanced Spells and the Community Patch, of which S2EE is meant to be the successor.
  • S2EE contains hundreds of bugfixes, as well as numerous gameplay enhancements such as redesigned balance, quality-of-life improvements, and cosmetic changes.  Enemies are more challenging, quests are more rewarding, and items are more varied, unique, and useful.
  • This mod also features AI-Upscaled Textures that will work if the Elite Textures are installed. These all-new HD textures will be used for the DLC and expansion content which never received any official elite textures.
  • S2EE is designed for the player to install the CORE module, then they may install some optional add-on modules.
  • See the "Sacred 2 EE Manual.pdf" for full list of modules and features.
  • Currently supported languages:
    • CORE module: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian.
    • Alternate Spells: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.

Optional Modules:

• Alternate Spells - Swap out several vanilla combat arts with new custom ones.
  • Challenge Mode - Significantly increased difficulty.
  • SuperSpawn - Increases enemy spawn count by 2-3x.
  • Enhanced Music - A game-wide expansion pack for all regional background music.
  • Portrait Overhaul - Revamps all the NPC and enemy icons with new artistic portraits with more character and personality.
  • Free-For-All Quests - Makes all quests available in all game modes, and allows all bosses to respawn each game session.
  • Classic Icons - Restores the aspect background and combat art icons to vanilla.
  • Classic Icons for Alt. Spells - Change the aspect background and combat art icons to the "classic" style.

=================================================

Installation:

• If upgrading from vanilla or EE 3.0 and below: I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken spells & quests, re-rolled bonuses on gear, or other odd behavior.

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed zip file into the "MODS" folder.  There should be 9 folders (the Docs folder need not be placed in the MODS folder).
  • S2EE contains one CORE module and eight optional add-on modules.  You must install "Sacred 2 CORE EE 3.2 - Required" at the very least.
  • Run the GME and enable the CORE module.  The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
  • - Optional - add-on modules should be installed afterward.  Do not install any of the add-on modules without the CORE module installed first.  Overwrite warnings are to be expected when you install the optional modules.

==================================================

Compatibility:

• This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
  • This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
  • No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Edition should be installed.
  • No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
  • Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.

Development (Enhanced Spells module):

For detailed list of changes to combat arts (and Alternate Spells) , and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:

Known Issues:

• Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
  • Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
  • If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.

Credits:

• Flix - Main author, scripts, game texts, textures, sounds, icons.
  • Dimitrius154 - programming, scripting, advice, asset importing.
  • Pesmontis - new model importing, text encoding tools.
  • desm - French translation.
  • Shadowflare85 - German translation.
  • KrystianCzach243r - Polish translation.
  • Nikoleagle and LordKomar - Russian translation.
  • Deivix - Spanish translation.
  • Pokolfajzat - Hungarian translation.
  • Loromir - Italian translation.
  • Lindor - reworked Ancient Bark FX.
  • Ysendra - new Daemon textures.
  • SX255 - new Deathly Spears icon.
  • Luthal - helped work out how to handle summoned minions.
  • Caledor - ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects, and the interface.
  • Charon117 - tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
  • Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
  • Gogoblender and Schot - hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
  • Llama - making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.

What's New in Version 3.2a   See changelog

Released

Included new updated German texts with corrections by jwiz.
Fixed Mist of Miasma having extra buff spell - may have caused it to be unresponsive or game CTD.
Fixed a minor typo with Stone Commander equip set entry.
Some rare weapons would sometimes roll an extra bonus for a character class who couldn't use the weapon - these bonuses have been changed to a silver socket instead. This change has no effects on other items or modifiers.
"Children and Demons": Fixed an exploit to sneak around the trigger area at the beginning of the quest in Sloeford to kill the (non-hostile) Black Seraphim twice for extra drops and XP.
"Ancient Bark": Moderately increased the transparency of the new buff FX.

• Like! 10
  • Thanks! 1
  • Respect! 2
  • Appreciation 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have three questions about this mod:

1. if I have savegames that ONLY have the community patch 0160 installed and I install this mod after, will it affect my savegames negatively?

2. also will the class mounts have animations for the combat arts that come from this mod only?

3. does this mod work with the sacred 2 character editor? (https://www.nexusmods.com/sacred2/mods/2)

Edited by bassgun
11 hours ago, bassgun said:

I have three questions about this mod:

1. if I have savegames that ONLY have the community patch 0160 installed and I install this mod after, will it affect my savegames negatively?

2. also will the class mounts have animations for the combat arts that come from this mod only?

3. does this mod work with the sacred 2 character editor? (https://www.nexusmods.com/sacred2/mods/2)

1.  Yes.  New characters means new characters.  EDIT: to clarify, the only issues I would expect would be with quests.  If you're starting a new difficulty with an old character, I doubt there would be any issues.

2. Yes of course.  And you can always use the Original Spells version of the mod if you don't want to use the new combat arts.

3.  Yes, BUT the editor window will still show the old combat art names and modifications.  But you can still edit them no problem.

8 hours ago, Flix said:

1.  Yes.  New characters means new characters.  EDIT: to clarify, the only issues I would expect would be with quests.  If you're starting a new difficulty with an old character, I doubt there would be any issues.

so basically there shouldn't be a problem with my old savegames if I start them with a new game and a higher difficulty?

45 minutes ago, bassgun said:

so basically there shouldn't be a problem with my old savegames if I start them with a new game and a higher difficulty?

I can't promise anything.  The official advice is you should use new characters.

2 minutes ago, Flix said:

I can't promise anything.  The official advice is you should use new characters.

Welp when the time comes for me to download this mod, time to stash my character items, stats and so on and forth.

But until then I rather see the old abilities and try all of them first before downloading the mod. Although from what I have seen so far ruinous onslaught is one ability that deserves removal; belligerent vault already does its job as a getaway move or get in closer and it does so with better cooldown and some of it's modifications are better than the ones for ruinous onslaught

will this mod also fix the issue about the execution of seraphim's pelting strikes while riding on sabertooth tiger? when I use that move while on the kitty the move does not do the exact number of hits that the move animation shows(eg. when executing said skill with 2H swords while on sabertooth the animation shows three hits but the move only hits twice).

Also speaking of this issue does it happen with other class mounts?

Edited by bassgun

I have a doubt...
When I use only "SuperSpawn" levels go up faster? Or were enemy experience values leveled to spawn, but little effect on leveling speed?

Immeasurably grateful !!! Perfect Mod!

I love this mod ... Gratitude!

I want to make two suggestions:

1 - The "Eternal fire" of the Dragon Mage should be removed. The "Dragon Form" is more interesting than the "Eternal fire" and could substitute while maintaining "Dragon's Wrath" which is very good.
Better still if you created something to attack.

2 - There is a bug that does not allow deleting a combat art in a combo. For example: If I have a combo with three spells, I can not withdraw one and have two spells again in that combat art. From what I've researched this seems to be a flaw in the original game.

I do not know if they are working on it yet ... If they are the suggestions are there. I tested version 2.1 today and found it wonderful.

Gratitude

P.S: Text written in Portuguese and translated via google traslater ...

23 hours ago, vagnerhammer said:

2 - There is a bug that does not allow deleting a combat art in a combo. For example: If I have a combo with three spells, I can not withdraw one and have two spells again in that combat art. From what I've researched this seems to be a flaw in the original game.

Hello!  This should be fixed in Community Patch 1.60.  The fix will only take effect for a new Dragon Mage created under v1.60.  Thank you for playing the mod and writing back!

• Thanks! 1

Hi, the mod sounds fun but I have no idea what u mean with " contents of the compressed file ". Like srsly I dont get. Why cant anyone creat a installations guide for dumb people like me. Just a step by step guide where u list every single file that has to be changed/moved to the right locations. Pls help me! 

You need to unzip the file you download because GME doesn't read from zipped files. Then you just need to enable the parts of the mod you want to use with GME. It's actually pretty simple.

• Like! 1

I do my best to make it as easy as possible for the dumbest people out there.

A lot of time if I say "unzip the file" people end up with an extra folder in their MODS folder.  I wanted to make it clear that the contents of the file you download need to be extracted, without creating any new folders.

• Like! 1

While fixing the wizardstaff bonuses unlocked by the weapon skill, I think you might have changed by mistake bonuses 917 and 918 to require skill lore instead of skill mastery.

Also there are a lot of uniquename = "unqien" and "unqiue"... you changed some of them to "unique"... are they relevant in any way?

22 minutes ago, Caledor said:

While fixing the wizardstaff bonuses unlocked by the weapon skill, I think you might have changed by mistake bonuses 917 and 918 to require skill lore instead of skill mastery.

Also there are a lot of uniquename = "unqien" and "unqiue"... you changed some of them to "unique"... are they relevant in any way?

Skill mastery for Magic Staves didn't actually work for unlocking bonuses, as we discovered during development.  So I had to change it to regular skill lore and add a level requirement instead.

The changes to "unique" were just my own neuroses at play.  I don't think it affects anything.

• Thanks! 1

Hi, I've already posted this on the nexus but I figured I'd post this here:

Hi. Thanks for the awesome mod! But I think I found a bug. I'm not sure if the mod introduced the bug or if it was like this before, but Inquisitor's Frenetic fervor run speed mod doesn't work (No Escape). The animation is faster, but the actual speed is the same... I timed myself running from one place to another with 120% run speed and it took the same time as with Frenetic Fervor (158% run speed). I removed my moved speed gear and there is a difference between 100 and 120.

What's strange is that when removing my run speed gear and casting Frenetic Fervor, there is a difference (137% run speed). BUT even weirder is that it took the exact same time as when I had my 120% run speed gear?

11 hours ago, Ginnosaji said:

Hi, I've already posted this on the nexus but I figured I'd post this here:

Hi. Thanks for the awesome mod! But I think I found a bug. I'm not sure if the mod introduced the bug or if it was like this before, but Inquisitor's Frenetic fervor run speed mod doesn't work (No Escape). The animation is faster, but the actual speed is the same... I timed myself running from one place to another with 120% run speed and it took the same time as with Frenetic Fervor (158% run speed). I removed my moved speed gear and there is a difference between 100 and 120.

What's strange is that when removing my run speed gear and casting Frenetic Fervor, there is a difference (137% run speed). BUT even weirder is that it took the exact same time as when I had my 120% run speed gear?

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it soon.

I saw that the mod was on its way, one of the reason I waited some time before starting playing again ... though couldn't resist playing again lately before seeing the update. Speaking of update, I will update my seraphim thread now :)

• Like! 1

Hello

First of all, thank you very much for this graet mod.

I have problems downloading the file from Google Drive. :B6nFRAh:

Firefox 76.01, Win 7, No Adblockers, Scripts allowed.

I reach the downlod site, no problem. But when clickung on download, nothing happens.

Perhaps sombody could give me a tip.