18 Screenshots

About This File

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix

• Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of my work on older mods such as Enhanced Spells and the Community Patch, of which S2EE is meant to be the successor.
  • S2EE contains hundreds of bugfixes, as well as numerous gameplay enhancements such as redesigned balance, quality-of-life improvements, and cosmetic changes.  Enemies are more challenging, quests are more rewarding, and items are more varied, unique, and useful.
  • This mod also features AI-Upscaled Textures that will work if the Elite Textures are installed. These all-new HD textures will be used for the DLC and expansion content which never received any official elite textures.
  • S2EE is designed for the player to install the CORE module, then they may install some optional add-on modules.
  • See the "Sacred 2 EE Manual.pdf" for full list of modules and features.
  • Currently supported languages:
    • CORE module: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian.
    • Alternate Spells: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.

Optional Modules:

• Alternate Spells - Swap out several vanilla combat arts with new custom ones.
  • Challenge Mode - Significantly increased difficulty.
  • SuperSpawn - Increases enemy spawn count by 2-3x.
  • Enhanced Music - A game-wide expansion pack for all regional background music.
  • Portrait Overhaul - Revamps all the NPC and enemy icons with new artistic portraits with more character and personality.
  • Free-For-All Quests - Makes all quests available in all game modes, and allows all bosses to respawn each game session.
  • Classic Icons - Restores the aspect background and combat art icons to vanilla.
  • Classic Icons for Alt. Spells - Change the aspect background and combat art icons to the "classic" style.

=================================================

Installation:

• If upgrading from vanilla or EE 3.0 and below: I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken spells & quests, re-rolled bonuses on gear, or other odd behavior.

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed zip file into the "MODS" folder.  There should be 9 folders (the Docs folder need not be placed in the MODS folder).
  • S2EE contains one CORE module and eight optional add-on modules.  You must install "Sacred 2 CORE EE 3.2 - Required" at the very least.
  • Run the GME and enable the CORE module.  The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
  • - Optional - add-on modules should be installed afterward.  Do not install any of the add-on modules without the CORE module installed first.  Overwrite warnings are to be expected when you install the optional modules.

==================================================

Compatibility:

• This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
  • This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
  • No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Edition should be installed.
  • No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
  • Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.

Development (Enhanced Spells module):

For detailed list of changes to combat arts (and Alternate Spells) , and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:

Known Issues:

• Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
  • Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
  • If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.

Credits:

• Flix - Main author, scripts, game texts, textures, sounds, icons.
  • Dimitrius154 - programming, scripting, advice, asset importing.
  • Pesmontis - new model importing, text encoding tools.
  • desm - French translation.
  • Shadowflare85 - German translation.
  • KrystianCzach243r - Polish translation.
  • Nikoleagle and LordKomar - Russian translation.
  • Deivix - Spanish translation.
  • Pokolfajzat - Hungarian translation.
  • Loromir - Italian translation.
  • Lindor - reworked Ancient Bark FX.
  • Ysendra - new Daemon textures.
  • SX255 - new Deathly Spears icon.
  • Luthal - helped work out how to handle summoned minions.
  • Caledor - ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects, and the interface.
  • Charon117 - tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
  • Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
  • Gogoblender and Schot - hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
  • Llama - making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.

What's New in Version 3.2a   See changelog

Released

Included new updated German texts with corrections by jwiz.
Fixed Mist of Miasma having extra buff spell - may have caused it to be unresponsive or game CTD.
Fixed a minor typo with Stone Commander equip set entry.
Some rare weapons would sometimes roll an extra bonus for a character class who couldn't use the weapon - these bonuses have been changed to a silver socket instead. This change has no effects on other items or modifiers.
"Children and Demons": Fixed an exploit to sneak around the trigger area at the beginning of the quest in Sloeford to kill the (non-hostile) Black Seraphim twice for extra drops and XP.
"Ancient Bark": Moderately increased the transparency of the new buff FX.

• Like! 10
  • Thanks! 1
  • Respect! 2
  • Appreciation 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Have you clicked on "download anyway"? Google Drive insists that you double check on the download.

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Have you clicked on "download anyway"? Google Drive insists that you double check on the download.

Yes I have. But nothing happens after that.

Good day. I got a question on updating the mod - I got the 2,3 version and have been playing with it for some time and today found out it was developed to 2.4b. How is it best to update mine? Disable it in the GME, then delete the folder I have in the MODS folder (I only used Sacred 2 EE 2.3 - Enhanced Spells) and then copy the all content of the new zip file and re-enable the Core module + the enhanced spells module? Also, I suppose it shouldn't break the character too much since I'm updating from a previous version and not from a default sacred2 char.

Thank you in advance.

13 minutes ago, Archvile said:

Good day. I got a question on updating the mod - I got the 2,3 version and have been playing with it for some time and today found out it was developed to 2.4b. How is it best to update mine? Disable it in the GME, then delete the folder I have in the MODS folder (I only used Sacred 2 EE 2.3 - Enhanced Spells) and then copy the all content of the new zip file and re-enable the Core module + the enhanced spells module? Also, I suppose it shouldn't break the character too much since I'm updating from a previous version and not from a default sacred2 char.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for trying the mod.  Yeah that's pretty much the process.  It's also described above and in the readme in detail on how to upgrade.

After 80 hours of play with all seven characters played in parallel (1.5 hour play session for each) I just found out about this mod.  Couldn't believe it and installed it with the music update and the character portraits update.  Then recreated all seven characters again to ensure no conflicts.  I did save some things in the shared stash, so I hope that doesn't cause any issues.  

This is an incredible mod and I am really loving it so far.   All the changes are great.  The only negative issue is that it delays my play of Flix's other great mod, Diablo 2 Fallen, which I am eagerly looking forward to.     

Thanks Flix for this dedication to a wonderful game and enhancing other's enjoyment of it.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, gBaby123 said:

After 80 hours of play with all seven characters played in parallel (1.5 hour play session for each) I just found out about this mod.  Couldn't believe it and installed it with the music update and the character portraits update.  Then recreated all seven characters again to ensure no conflicts.  I did save some things in the shared stash, so I hope that doesn't cause any issues.  

This is an incredible mod and I am really loving it so far.   All the changes are great.  The only negative issue is that it delays my play of Flix's other great mod, Diablo 2 Fallen, which I am eagerly looking forward to.     

Thanks Flix for this dedication to a wonderful game and enhancing other's enjoyment of it.

Thanks for trying the mod and writing back.  The only issues I'd expect with old items is that some bonuses may be re-rolled on normal/magic/rare tier items.  You may also find that while many items got new unique models in EE, your previously-found items would instead use the old models.  They will still function as usual though.  Have fun.

It all seems fine, five of my characters got to level seven already in the short time I've been using the mod.  I love all the changes done.  Music and portraits installed, which really makes a wonderful change.  UI is awesome, much better quest log colors, etc.  Much easier to read.  Really enjoying all the changes.  This is excellent work.

One issue I had is I like to play more zoomed in but with the enemy aggro doubled, I had to zoom out because they were attacking from all over, detecting me behind hills, etc.  Sure, made it more difficult and hectic, my Dryad died three times trying to get on Gold Beach when she was level 2.  But this is so simple to change in balance.txt script file, so I just knocked it back down to the Community Patch level and left the boss aggro increased as you had it.  It is just a matter of taste, nice to be able to so easily change things.  I left everything else alone.

Your artwork is awesome as well.  Love the new Combat Arts graphics.  The player character and NPC portraits are pretty damn sweet too.

• Thanks! 1

Weird bugs.

When I installed CM patch 1.60, on the character main screen the version was showing still v1.40, then I installed the enhanced edition update. It updated the main screen version to 1.60.

Started playing new game.

- now and then items are missing icon/ texture, all I see if just gray area where the item would be, this is in my inventory and vendor, sometimes I cant move those items.

- purchased health potions dont show in inventory, need to save/exit and come back to game and they show up again

Only other mod I have installed is the epic textures.

2 hours ago, skaven said:

Weird bugs.

When I installed CM patch 1.60, on the character main screen the version was showing still v1.40, then I installed the enhanced edition update. It updated the main screen version to 1.60.

Started playing new game.

- now and then items are missing icon/ texture, all I see if just gray area where the item would be, this is in my inventory and vendor, sometimes I cant move those items.

- purchased health potions dont show in inventory, need to save/exit and come back to game and they show up again

Only other mod I have installed is the epic textures.

Hello.  CM Patch 1.60 was not installed correctly, then.  The bugs you report are from missing files from the CM Patch.  EE will contain some of them, but you need the CM Patch as a base for it all to work correctly.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello.  CM Patch 1.60 was not installed correctly, then.  The bugs you report are from missing files from the CM Patch.  EE will contain some of them, but you need the CM Patch as a base for it all to work correctly.

Thanks!

Going to uninstall game and start all over :(

You won't find it in description, but after installing this mod, you will find yourself as a proud owner of sacred 2 HD Edition! Surprise, surprise! To see difference clearly, just visit any ice and blood region(the cursed forest, preferably):yay:

• Like! 1

Can somebody tell me where the "Elite mount" vendor from the CM patch is in enhanced edition 3.0. He isnt at the temple in the jungle anymore.

2 hours ago, Raidz said:

Can somebody tell me where the "Elite mount" vendor from the CM patch is in enhanced edition 3.0. He isnt at the temple in the jungle anymore.

He appears there after the main Special Mounts quest is completed or when the Ice & Blood special mounts quest is completed (your choice).

Hi Flix, thank you for your awesome work.
there is just one thing that should be good if previous saved game from EE later version is able to play in newer version without issues.
Im still look for it now, thanks ! 

Hi, I'm using the enhanced edition and trying to fight the black seraphim for the first time in "The Hunt II".  She does an incredible amount of damage and I die quickly.  The readme for enhanced edition said that she was made more powerful.  Is there any recommendation on how I'm supposed to fight her?  I'm level 44 in Silver with a sword and shield focusing on exalted warrior.  

5 hours ago, LaoTeZoo said:

Hi, I'm using the enhanced edition and trying to fight the black seraphim for the first time in "The Hunt II".  She does an incredible amount of damage and I die quickly.  The readme for enhanced edition said that she was made more powerful.  Is there any recommendation on how I'm supposed to fight her?  I'm level 44 in Silver with a sword and shield focusing on exalted warrior.  

For the next release I will see about making the first encounter with her much easier.  I balanced the battle for an mid-to-late-game boss fight (final battle is in Chapter 6), without really appreciating how hard it would be to take her on in the first battle.

Oh, is she about the same strength in her first fight and her final fight?  

I was able to beat her, turns out that if you die fighting her she doesn't heal completely, so I can just throw my body at her again.  I only had to do that once, not sure if she doesn't heal after the 2nd or 3rd death.  

Hi Flix,

Version: 3.2a

Bug report: 

Divine Protection turns off on magic attack. It takes out all shields.

I did some testing:

Test location: Western Tyr Lysia  

Divine Protection with steadfast (willpower boost) - causes taking magic damage to turn off all shield instantly. 

other addons seems fine. COMBINED with any willpower boosting gear (NIL or Sophia Chastity). 

Thank you in advance.

p.s. if you do look at fixing it, maybe also have Divine Protection skill not to Deactivates Warding Energy buff? :)

DZ

4 hours ago, Darkzaion said:

Hi Flix,

Version: 3.2a

Bug report: 

Divine Protection turns off on magic attack. It takes out all shields.

I did some testing:

Test location: Western Tyr Lysia  

Divine Protection with steadfast (willpower boost) - causes taking magic damage to turn off all shield instantly. 

other addons seems fine. COMBINED with any willpower boosting gear (NIL or Sophia Chastity). 

Thank you in advance.

p.s. if you do look at fixing it, maybe also have Divine Protection skill not to Deactivates Warding Energy buff? :)

DZ

Hi Flix,

I need some more testing, it looks like it related to the amount of shield generated >2.2m while having Divine Protection on causes magic damage to completely deactivate shields. 

It not Will Power related.

Edit: I got my Shields to 5M, on magic attack appox. 4m damage is given... maybe something wrong with magic attack calc?

DZ  

Edited by Darkzaion