About This File
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix
- Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of the Enhanced Spells mod. Because the scope of the mod now extends well beyond spells, the name has changed.
- This evolved from my personal mods for playing Sacred 2, as well as from my work on the Community Patch. I decided there were enough gameplay improvements and interesting changes to share it with adventurous players. The mod is a combination of fixes, redesigned balance, and cosmetic changes.
- S2EE is designed for the player to install one of two core modules: one with the original spells lineup, and another with the Enhanced Spells lineup. The player can then install some optional add-on modules.
Currently supported languages:
- Enhanced Spells Version: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
- Original Spells Version: All Languages.
I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken quests or other odd quest behavior.
Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
- Mod Enabler is available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
- For Steam the root folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold
- For GOG or disk version, the root folder is wherever you installed the game, for example C:\Sacred 2 Gold
- After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
- Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed file into the "MODS" folder. There should be four folders and some documentation (the documentation need not be placed in the MODS folder).
- S2EE contains two core modules and three optional add-on modules. Choose ONE core module! Either Sacred 2 EE 2.1 - Original Spells OR Sacred 2 EE 2.1 - Enhanced Spells. Do not install both at once.
- Run the GME and enable your core module. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
- - Optional - add-on modules such as Challenge Mode and SuperSpawn may should be installed afterward. One or both can be used in combination with either core module. Classic Icons should only be installed on top of the Enhanced Spells module. Do not install either of the add-on modules without one of the core modules installed first.
- This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
- This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
- No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Spells should be installed.
- No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Nude Mods, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
- Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.
Development (Enhanced Spells module):
For detailed list of changes to combat arts, and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:
- SuperSpawn multiplies the enemy spawn density across the map by a factor of 2-3x.
- Does not affect bosses or creatures spawned through quests.
- Respawn rate is not affected.
Challenge Mode Features:
- Critical hit damage increased from 1.2x to 2x times damage.
- 20% increase of T-Energy damage against the player.
- Chance for T-Energy to mutate enemies increased by 25%.
- Max speed in the game quadrupled. The player isn't faster by default, but will benefit from more Run Speed +% gear. Enemies will move faster as well.
- Enemy aggro range tripled.
- Aggro range for white (much lower level than player) enemies doubled.
- Boss aggro range increased by about 10%.
- Range for clearing the fog of war on the map is tripled (results in more enemies).
- Cooldown for healing potions is doubled.
- Slightly lower chance to get runes.
- Respawn rate remains vanilla (does not use lowered respawn rate from base EE).
- Enemies gain greater damage from attributes.
- Overall intensity of enemies increased by 25%.
- Enemy weapon and spell damage and armor significantly increased (from about 40% on bronze to over 300% on Niobium).
- Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
- Sonic Vortex is missing the visual effect when mounted. No known solution.
- Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
- If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.
- - desm for translating the mod to French.
- - Shadowflare85 for translating the mod to German.
- - KrystianCzach243r for translating the mod to Polish.
- - Nikoleagle and LordKomar for translating the mod to Russian.
- - Deivix for translating the mod to Spanish.
- - Pesmontis for importing and adjusting several models.
- - dimitrius154 for doing programming work and other advice.
- - SX255 for making the new Deathly Spears icon.
- - Luthal for helping me work out how to handle summoned minions.
- - Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
- - Gogoblender and Schot for hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
- - Llama for making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.
What's New in Version 2.1 See changelog
All changes apply to BOTH core modules unless otherwise noted!
* Gold and XP quest rewards are now reduced to be closer to vanilla values. Rewards are still 1.5-2x higher in Challenge Mode.
* Enemies now respawn more slowly (roughly 2x longer delay before respawn).
* Corrected numerous typos and adjusted several modifier names/descriptions/flavor text for clarity and consistency.
* Warding Energy related modifiers will no longer spawn on the equipment of characters who cannot obtain the "Warding Energy" skill.
* Item modifier "Combat Trance +X" should no longer spawn on non-Dragon Mage equipment.
* All characters may now find bonuses to Enhanced Perception and Bargaining on their items.
* Due to "Chance for Double Hit" modifier not being checked for ranged attacks, it has been replaced with "Opponent Health for Deathblow" on legendaries: Essence of Dark Matters and Aarnum's Pathfinder.
* Due to the Pacifism skill being removed, bonuses to Pacifism have been removed from all items. Replaced with "Survival Bonus" on uniques.
* Modifiers unlocked by the Magic Staves skill now function correctly.
* "Chance for Secondary Effect" modifiers unlocked by Ranged Weapons skill now function correctly.
* New high-level Blacksmith Art bonuses are changed as follows: Whet - Opponent's Chance to Evade | Anneal - Chance to Evade | Enhance - Hitpoint Regeneration
* Ellen's Commitment and Benny's Promise (Epic Office Quest rewards) now drop at the end of the quest with the rest of the loot.
* Ogre Warrior shield is no longer swapped with the smaller, player version.
NPC and Creatures:
* Reduced weapon damage and chance to hit for all elite skeletons in the Undead Legion.
* Minor fix for textures of NPC robes and capes that appeared to be transparent from one side.
* The player can now kill Grand Inquisitor Nimonuil at the end of the main quest line.
* Various NPCs have had their equipment corrected.
* Several boss AI discrepancies and faulty CAs have been corrected. Occurrences of bosses stopping in their tracks or wandering aimlessly during combat should no longer happen.
* Damage between NPC's is reduced by 85%. Escort quests should no longer be a potion-spamming frustration.
* Dragon Mage can now use the Protector buff while shapeshifted without crashing the game.
* Dragon Mage dual wielding special move animations are now more appropriately matched to his combat arts.
* Temple Guardian's Battle Extension SFX now better matches the new animation speed introduced in CM 1.60.
* A few enemy CAs (freezing hard hit, freezing aura) can no longer permanently slow and debuff the player until reload.
* Divine Gift durations now slowly increase as they level up.
The following changes apply ONLY to Enhanced Spells module!
* Seraphim's Sublime Guardian no longer uses Instill Belief without taking a modification first. Gold mods are changed to: Instill Belief (Guardian converts enemies) or Guardian's Wrath (Guardian uses Archangel's Wrath).
* Dragon Mage's Draconic Ally now has a smaller collision box so it should not obstruct the player in narrow corridors and other tight spaces.
* All Divine Gift cooldowns increased from 450s to 750s. In return, Divine Gift durations now slowly increase as they level up.
* All characters get new aspect backgrounds in the combat arts window.
* Repackaged "Classic Icons" as an optional module that can be installed on top of Enhanced Spells. Aspect backgrounds and vanilla CA icons will be restored to default. New CAs will have icons in the classic style.