About This File
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix
- Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of the Enhanced Spells mod. Because the scope of the mod now extends well beyond spells, the name has changed.
- This evolved from my personal mods for playing Sacred 2, as well as from my work on the Community Patch. I decided there were enough gameplay improvements and interesting changes to share it with adventurous players. The mod is a combination of fixes, redesigned balance, and cosmetic changes.
- S2EE is designed for the player to install one of two core modules: one with the original spells lineup, and another with the Enhanced Spells lineup. The player can then install some optional add-on modules.
Currently supported languages:
- Enhanced Spells Version: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
- Original Spells Version: All Languages.
I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken quests or other odd quest behavior.
Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
- Mod Enabler is available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
- For Steam the root folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold
- For GOG or disk version, the root folder is wherever you installed the game, for example C:\Sacred 2 Gold
- After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
- Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed file into the "MODS" folder. There should be four folders and some documentation (the documentation need not be placed in the MODS folder).
- S2EE contains two core modules and three optional add-on modules. Choose ONE core module! Either Sacred 2 EE 2.2 - Original Spells OR Sacred 2 EE 2.2 - Enhanced Spells. Do not install both at once.
- Run the GME and enable your core module. The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
- - Optional - add-on modules such as Challenge Mode and SuperSpawn may should be installed afterward. One or both can be used in combination with either core module. Classic Icons should only be installed on top of the Enhanced Spells module. Do not install either of the add-on modules without one of the core modules installed first.
- This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
- This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
- No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Spells should be installed.
- No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Nude Mods, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
- Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.
Development (Enhanced Spells module):
For detailed list of changes to combat arts, and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:
- SuperSpawn multiplies the enemy spawn density across the map by a factor of 2-3x.
- Does not affect bosses or creatures spawned through quests.
- Respawn rate is not affected.
Challenge Mode Features:
- Critical hit damage increased from 1.2x to 2x times damage.
- 20% increase of T-Energy damage against the player.
- Chance for T-Energy to mutate enemies increased by 25%.
- Max speed in the game quadrupled. The player isn't faster by default, but will benefit from more Run Speed +% gear. Enemies will move faster as well.
- Enemy aggro range tripled.
- Aggro range for white (much lower level than player) enemies doubled.
- Boss aggro range increased by about 10%.
- Range for clearing the fog of war on the map is tripled (results in more enemies).
- Cooldown for healing potions is doubled.
- Slightly lower chance to get runes.
- Respawn rate remains vanilla (does not use lowered respawn rate from base EE).
- Enemies gain greater damage from attributes.
- Overall intensity of enemies increased by 25%.
- Enemy weapon and spell damage and armor significantly increased (from about 40% on bronze to over 300% on Niobium).
- Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
- Sonic Vortex is missing the visual effect when mounted. No known solution.
- Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
- If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.
- - desm for translating the mod to French.
- - Shadowflare85 for translating the mod to German.
- - KrystianCzach243r for translating the mod to Polish.
- - Nikoleagle and LordKomar for translating the mod to Russian.
- - Deivix for translating the mod to Spanish.
- - Pesmontis for importing and adjusting several models.
- - dimitrius154 for doing programming work and other advice.
- - SX255 for making the new Deathly Spears icon.
- - Luthal for helping me work out how to handle summoned minions.
- - Ysendra for making new Daemon textures.
- - Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
- - Gogoblender and Schot for hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
- - Llama for making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.
What's New in Version 2.2 See changelog
Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition 2.2 Changelog:
(Changes affect all versions of the mod unless otherwise noted)
Enemy and NPC:
* Gave a balancing pass to all elite enemies in the game to smooth out unintentionally excessive damage, hitpoints, and XP per kill.
* The damage of the various enemy Hard Hit/Multi-Hit attacks is greatly reduced to avoid unfair damage spikes that could one-shot the player.
* Gahanka, Bloodclaw, and Holos got powered up to keep them in line with other bosses in EE. They have greater damage, hit chance, hitpoints, and resistances.
* Several vanilla quest opponents are now more powerful, worthy foes (TyBosso, Ihheni, Nagash, the Djinn, Sheik Yerbouti, and many others).
* Revised spells for each individual Dragon boss to make each one more distinct.
* Fixed a spell animation bug that caused some bosses to "stall" during combat. Enemies affected are: Mutated Dragon, Grinch the Frost Dragon, and the White Griffin.
* Fixed a minor texture bug with Small Spiders.
* Spider venom spit attack now does Poison/Poison DOT instead of Physical/Poison DOT.
* Changed the FX on Shelob's "Frosty Lair" spell to avoid severe performance loss.
* Leaping Plants no longer make jet engine sounds when they jump.
* Hitboxes for Rats, Bats, and Small Dragons are now more appropriately sized.
* Kobold Chiefs and Wolf Riders should no longer spawn with the equipment of Kobold Shamans.
* Thraconian beards are now matched to the hair color of the models they spawn on (red, black, or grey).
* Harpy spawns increased in the western Nor Plat mountains.
* Fixed a small area in Dyr Lain where Panthers were spawning instead of Jungle Cats.
* The Marigold Fields in the Swamps are cleared of Undead (replaced with Tree Spirits) because it is a major plot point that the marigolds drive away the Undead.
* Increased run speed of vanilla mounts, increased walk speed of all mounts.
* Random rare Energy Weapons, Energy Pistols, and Lightsabers have overhauled bonuses and should no longer spawn with bonuses to classes that can't use them.
* The following Legendary weapons now have a portion of their base damage as elemental (formerly 100% physical): Roger's Roving Razor, Methedrin's Scepter, Braggis' Law, Aarnum's Scepter, Thunderstrike, Soorn's Righteous Blade, Aeon Flux.
* Increased base damage of the following weapons: Trychelion's Pole, Sceptrum Dominus, Globus Cruciger.
* Decreased drop rate of the following uniques & mini-sets: Darwagon's Circlet, Tanit's Collar, Tooth and Nail, Eternal Return, Smoke Without Fire.
* Increased Temple Guardian unique battery drop rate slightly.
* Increased Legendary overall drop rate slightly.
* Increased minimum drop level to 20 for the following: The Silent Water, Glaurung's Remnants.
* Infinite Revenge set: Chestplate of Fury renamed to Crown of Fury because it is a helm.
* Item modifier: Life leeched per hit (Gold) is increased to ~2X power.
* Item modifier: Damage +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage bonuses (was 2/3).
* Item modifier: Damage Mitigation +% (all-channel) is decreased to be 1/2 the value of single-channel damage mitigation (was 2/3).
* Item modifier: Wounds Increase Damage Dealt has doubled values.
* Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits (unlocked by Sword Weapons and Ranged Weapons) has doubled values.
* Item modifier: Chance for Critical Hits (unlocked by Sword Mastery and Polearm Mastery) has tripled values.
* Item modifier: Regeneration per Hit no longer spawns on rare rings. The value on unique/set/legendary rings is reduced to 1/2 values. Many 2h weapons now have increased values.
* Chance for individual secondary damage effects (burn, poison, freeze, weaken) on items are increased to be equal to Chance for Open Wounds.
* Blacksmith Arts: Enhance and Whet now use the correct versions of Chance for Critical Hits and Damage +%, respectively.
* Various amendments to the game texts to expand & clarify quest logs and NPC dialogue. Hundreds of typos & inconsistencies are corrected as well.
* Completing the Swirling Mist of Miasma quest now drops Faye's Gloom instead of the (High Elf-only) Ring of Swirling Mist.
* Completing the Garganthropod quest now drops Signet of the Apocalypse instead of Amulet of the Jade Scarab.
* "The Scarabs' Lair": now drops Amulet of the Jade Scarab upon completion.
* "Against the Blood Dryads": now drops Sword of the Blood Dryads upon completion.
* "A Feast": Swampbelly Toads are now actually toads instead of turtles.
* "Betrayed by Fate": Ramiere's Reincarnation now has a weapon.
* "Attack is the Best Defense": Du'Rach Commander Harrad'smit is now a boss-level opponent.
* Fixed swapped quest spiders between "The Perfect Green" and "The Metamorphosis."
* Main Quest: Light-path characters can now strike the killing blow on Grand Inquisitor Nimonuil.
* Soul Hammer: Fixed an animation bug that caused the Seraphim to lay sideways in the saddle when mounted and using 2h swords.
* Divine Protection: Fixed swapped strings for bronze mods Capacity/Steadfast. Enhanced Spells incorrectly had the Original Spells text, and vice-versa.
* Black Seraphim opponent is now classified as Undead in accordance with the quest story. She is upgraded to boss status and is now able to equip armor and weapons.
* Class quest "Children and Demons III": no longer has the demons pre-transformed before the plot twist.
* Class quest "The Hunt III": Black Seraphim now commands Undead Orcs and Ogres instead of generic Orcs.
* Class quest "The Beginning of the End": Black Seraphim final battle now takes place in the Swamp underneath Hesheth, as the dialogs and quest logs suggest it should.
* Class quest "Whoops" now drops Amulet of the Sereish as reward.
* Class quest "In the Badlands": Shirka Alana regains her fighting gear and is elite-class.
* Class quest "All or Nothing": now drops Gloves of the Executor as reward.
* Class quest "Settlement From Beyond the Grave": now drops the Ring of Swirling Mist instead of a random ring.
* Class quest "Delivery" should no longer finish prematurely or have blank phases in the log.
* Class quest "Orcish Necromancers": now features Undead Orcs instead of generic zombies.
* Class quest "Past Mistakes": log now shows the "Resurrection Sword" quest item instead of a perfect crystal.
* Class quest "Brothers in Arms": now drops Draligan's Gloves as reward instead of a random amulet.
* Class quest "Diligent Apprentices": Outlaw Theodus now equipped with a hunting bow.
* Class quest "Missing Women": now drops Witches' Sabbath as reward.
* Class quest "Rust": Troll opponent is now much more powerful. Now drops Dura's Cell as reward instead of two lesser health potions.
* Mind Strike: Due to enemy CA regen debuff not working, this property is replaced with Chance for Open Wounds. Bronze mod "Weakness" is replaced with "Trauma," which adds Physical DOT.
* Class quest "Dratted Little Beasts": Rat opponents are more powerful. Now drops Dragonleather Shoes as reward.
(Enhanced Spells Only):
* Inquisitor's Mortifying Pillory: Silver mod "Punishment" changed back to vanilla "Expulsion" which increases the duration.
* Inquisitor buff Harbinger of Death renamed to Battle Daemon. Gold mods are replaced with "Poison Daemon" and "Fire Daemon" which are upgraded forms with elemental attacks and resistances.
* Draconic Ally: damage of Blazing Tempest-like spell is decreased (roughly 1/2 former values).
(Challenge Mode Only):
* Enemy resistances are moderately increased across the board.