Rejoice! Fellow Ancarian,
Hours of perusing and delibating over the ancient tomes and scrolls have revealed a secret art most terrific!
Aye, as ye might have guessed, my journey in search for The Holy Grail of Ragdoll has bare thou fruits - nay, the TRUE Holy Grail of Ragdoll has yet to be found -- but WAIT! A replica that can produce the same result has been found...with a tweeny tiny bit of "catch" (which I'll mention in the end).
Here's the juice:
It is rather simple
I had some background knowledge of all those .txt files in the script folder. And then I read about this thread:
And a light-bulb pops above my head!
Here's the general concept:
I just need to apply the skill effect that HURLS/PUSHBACK enemy to the skills that I want, and the game engine will take care of the rest with its already-existing ragdoll system!
And how to make that happen? Simple, here's the step:
1) Go to [sacred 2 installation directory]\scripts\shared\spells.txt (open it with notepad or any text editor).
2) I will use Seraphim's Baneful Smite as example.
Refer to this link for the skill name you want to change: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/18337-modifying-combat-arts-and-understanding-flags-spellstxt/page__view__findpost__p__6902263
From the link above, Baneful Smite = "se_cm_blitz".
3) Search for keyword "se_cm_blitz" (without the quotes).
4) This is what you will see:
5) Now, we need to add 1 more line after the line starts with "entry9" as "entry10" (the 11th effect of the skill).
COPY the entire "entry9" line, STARTING FROM THE LEFTMOST EMPTY SPACE (because there're two Tab character in front) UNTIL THE VERY END OF THIS LINE.
6) Hit [Enter] at the end of "entry9" line, and paste what you have copied. Now, this should be what you are looking at:
7) Now, edit the last line, make them look like this
8) Yup, that's it! Save your file, *READ THE UNDERLINED SECTION OF THIS POST FIRST*, go into game, and start hitting enemy with this skill. If this skill is the skill that kills them, they will fly in the air for a brief while, and you will see the ragdoll effect, instead of just "lump, lay down and die"!
Try it out with one skill first, and if it is satisfactory, apply it to every other skills that make sense!
This effect can even apply for those Area of Effect skills, such as Flaring Nova! Now, instead of just "lump and die" within the Nova, enemies will be thrown in the air and away from the center of Nova!
I applied this effect to the following Seraphim skills:
They all work wonderously!
PLEASE, only apply this to those skills that MAKE SENSE. Example, DO NOT apply this skill for Divine Protection or Hallowing Restoration! It may or may not break the game!
Now, as I said, this is not the TRUE Holy Grail. Why? Here's the *catch*:
1) After applying the patch, when I loaded up my character, I found that my character can't move, neither can the monsters...can't do anything at all.
BUT, I found a solution: simply choose a different difficulty to load. Example, if your character is now in Silver level/difficulty, simply load into Bronze level/difficulty. Any level/difficulty will do, just load into a different one than your current save...and VIOLA! Your character can move again, and everything else will be back to the normal PLUS all those changes you just made Yup, that's all the *catch*...it's really nothing big, just a small annoyance. You can simply "Save and Exit" -> Go back to your previous level -> continue enjoying the game
You will only need to do this ONCE. Once you have done it, subsequent load will not break the game anymore
I am not sure why, neither did I try to find out...but my guess is: something to do with "cache" (the game is remembering something old, thus anything new will "break" it. But by loading a different level/difficulty, it kinda "refreshes" the game.
2) Here's the warning and disclaimer:
- The aforementioned *catch* is what observed by me...and I have tested the game for 2 hours without any crashes/difference/error...BUT again, it's just me, I am not sure whether the same thing will happen to everyone, so apply all the changes at your own risk! BUT, please post here if you notice any other weirdness/error, share your joy and trouble with everyone, and perhaps you will be rewarded
- BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST! By that, I mean whatever files you have changed, and YOUR SAVE FILE (just in case).
MAYBE, just a BIG MAYBE, you won't even have such a problem! MAYBE I encounter such a problem because I installed CM Patch v130...JUST MAYBE! I am not trying to accuse/blame CM patch for this! They did us an epic contribution, I am very grateful to them! So here I am sharing my findings Let us all make Sacred 2 more enjoyable!
That's all! What are you waiting for?! Go ahead apply the changes and let loose the dogs of war!
Here's some little technical sharing, I am not sure whether this information has been found (most probably it already being discovered):
There's "1000,0,0,9" string, let's call them "A, B, C, D":
1) I tried different values at A: -1000, 0, 100, 500, 1000.
If A = 0, there's no hurling effect at all...enemy just "lump and die" as if there's no change at all.
Any value <> 0 -> same effect...no increase in damage, no increase in "impact momentum", doesn't seems to be a probability...nothing...
2) B -> I am not sure...
3) C -> This is the "mod" of your skill.
Value "1" or "2" = Bronze mod.
Value "3" or "4" = Silver mod.
Value "5" or "6" = Gold mod.
4) D -> It is kinda explained in the link mentioned above, so I am not going to explain it again. I didn't find anything new either.
Now, some other pieces of information:
(I am NOT trying to claim credits, NOR trying to say I am the first to discover all the following information, I simply don't know...)
1) script\shared\Creatureinfo.txt has "weight" setting...which could be interesting...I am thinking: if weight = 1, enemy will be thrown away even further. Not sure, haven't tried.
2) One thing that bugs me about Sacred 2 --> There's WAYYY too many rats and goblins...I am thinking: I'll change their spawns to become female pirates instead
3) script\shared\ItemInfo.txt has something interesting settings...perhaps we can make all items to fit into only "1 X 1" slot, instead of "3 X 2" or "2 X 2", so we can fit more stuff into our inventory...I am sure this is already discovered, seeing how simple it can be done.
4) I think there's some way we can make monster "wears" items like they are players. Example, make those female pirates wear "The Revelation of Seraphim" sets OR EVEN BETTER: Make them all looks like seraphim
5) There's also a "scale" setting in creatures.txt...which is a well-known settings, but I am having some real funny usage for them...more about this later...
I'll try to achieve these goals sometime...or not...not sure.
Perhaps some of these can be considered by the CM Patch community? I mean, release them as "Add-on" to CM Patch Pretty please!
And thanks for the CM Patch, I am very grateful!
Anyway to make the "hurl" more powerful? Without changing monster's weight?