Toughness VS What?

Hey.

Since I come to the understanding of that Thoughness isnt needed for an GR using SW, I've decided to switch it out for something else.

This is the skills im thinking of atm, to trade vs Thoughness.

Riding (to make more use of my dear mount).

Shield lore (to make the char an little less hitter but a real though guy to do damage vs).

Blacksmith (simply for the forging alternatives).

Other solution/tips is highly appreciated.

This is the build im going for atm:

tactics lore

dwf

hafted lore

combat discipline

concentration

mcf

armor lore

constitution

combat reflexes

toughness <---Changing this for some of the above mentioned.

One thing I see is that you have Dual Wield and Hafted. When you have 2 weapons equipped only DW's attack bonuses are applied, any bonuses from Hafted only apply when single wielding (any mods unlocked on equip from Hafted will work when DW'ing)

If you selected Hafted just to unlock bonuses, remember starting around level 70 you'll start finding weapons that require Hafted Mastery (75 hard points) to unlock them. That's alot of points just to unlock a few mods if you're DW'ing.

Now on to the last choice....since you picked DW I would definitely not pick Shield. If you are starting a new toon then pick one or the other but not both. Riding is nice, if you pump lvls into it, as it will reduce regen penalties if high enough (only for 1 aspect). Blacksmith is a nice skill but also needs to be at least your level to be effective.

Just wondering what buffs/Combat Arts are you planning to use?

Edited by Knuckles

I misread your first post...when I saw dwf I thought dual wield and not death warrior focus. You should have plenty of defense so you probably don't need Toughness or Shield Lore. Riding can be nice but no good in underground areas. Sooooo...maybe Blacksmith.

If you really want extra defense, especially if you get de-buffed I would go with Toughness...this way you can go 1H or 2H and not lose a skill if 2H'ing

edit: one thing when on a mount...your attack speed decreases by quite a bit..why I typically won't use one if melee/ranged

Edited by Knuckles