Crystal Skin: The Gold Mods

Von Bek

I'm at a loss as to what to pick for this last mod on Crystal Skin. Do I go for the increased ice damage across the board, thus freeing up some of my ring slots and armor slots for -% regens, or do I opt for the reverse of that, and go for high level Combat Arts with low regens? I can't figure out which is going to have the better return in the long run. If anyone can help me out, much would be appreciated.

I've noticed more people getting the regen mod, but recently, there's been quite a surge in the damage mod. . . just don't know. . .

I think you can tweak your character with gear/runes either way..

If I built a HE I would go for ice damage because then I wouldn't need to find as many runes. But then if I were rune rich then no.

If I were playing a magic coup elf with some ice then I would choose recharge because that will lower the buff penalty of crystal skin which means higher level delphic arts?

Just my untested conjecture!

Well...

Crystal skin gold mod Recharge only lowers the regens for the Mystic Stormite aspect. And thus it's useless for a coup mage.

But what to choose all depends on what you're able to get on your gear. and how much you need of it to compensate. the one requiring less

sockets in your gear... would offcourse not be the one you'd take on the buff :)

But what to choose all depends on what you're able to get on your gear. and how much you need of it to compensate. the one requiring less

sockets in your gear... would offcourse not be the one you'd take on the buff :)

Ummm......but you can always change and modify your gear (and you dont know what gear you might happen to pickup/buy next).....however once you choose a CA mod you are stuck with it :D

True...

But I'm talking in the means of values... not what is on the gear.

Take ancient bark for example...

The reflect mod can give you 60ish close combat reflect at a certain point

the evade mod would then give you about 35ish

and you find ammies with 80% evade chance later on... while you only find max 12% close combat reflect on an ammy... that's the highest I've seen in niob anyways

Agreeing with Cygnus, repetetive casting is boring, I use all the spells from a certain aspect. So when I have 2 second cooldown on all spells it's still fun to play (more challenging) you can have very powerfull spells without having to spam the shards or whatnot. No I have not played myself sick at this game, this is just my opinion on matters.

My conclusion would always be damage, if it doesn't work at first, try a bigger hammer *rolls a shadow warrior*

Cheers

PS

Cygnus, isn't that woman in your sig from Underworld? (theres three movies out now if I count it right)