A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

Excellent guide. And exactly what I was waiting for. lol, reading about all those deaths of peeps who went in and then leaving behind their corpses was a little scary/creepy.

The maps are great Dobri, you've really got talent for writing guides that are reader friendly. Comments and conclusions at the end are especially useful.

I'll be holding this guide close to the chest when making my next foray in with new toon.

Wish me luck, and to others who attempt the area, good luck to you as well.

:(

gogo

I am going there and hope within 20 seconds I can kill them (which I do that already with HE and all bosses in Gold (I am at level 50 where

boss spawn at 60 :()

No problem for my He with shroud they are dead in 10 seconds... it is funny watch them kill the spiders :(

This is me in front with a unique star I found :

capture180420092234291.th.jpg

Edited by Spyrus

well, in my eyes, this is a lot. The Astral SW is a very slow killer, and here he gains level after level :) Alone in the server, with a mentor pot (91.5s duration) and only +15% XP per kill, I have 7.834 XP per orc. I can do 3 runs within 90 seconds (if they die quickly, 3 and a half). That's 4x7834=31336. 31336x3=94008. That's 94k XP every 1.30 mins. In my eyes that rocks :)

I'll be adding a video of the cave as well. Made it with my slow killing level 74 SW :) It's uploading on youtube as we speak. As soon as it's finished, I'll post and add a link. Gogo or Schot may embed it if they want to :)

All done. Added the video in the first post :)

Edited by Dobri

Credits theme, Red Alert 3 OST. You can find it on the bonus disks... or pretty much anywhere on a torrent :) The bonus disks have it at 320 kbps quality though.

dobri,

I have to hand it to you mate........everything you post is such a joy to read and watch.

You are very talented when it come to this sorta stuff.

Only gripe I have is the poor video quality that u-tube gives. :)

Love the music btw. :)

Thanks again for such a great guide........I for one appreciate all the effort you go to. :)

Not to steal your thunder Dobri, particularly since my compositing skills are highly lacking. I decided to fiddle around with trying to record videos so that when I get around to it I'll be able to show off what my other TG does against larger mobs.

(And the link for anyone who wants it directly in HD)

Great work, Zin :) Your TG does kill fast and suffers minimum hits. If you like the cave and have no problems with the in-and-outs, you can get a lot of levels this way :)

You video just goes to show once again how slow killer the Astral SW is :)

Edited by Dobri

The program that's easy to use and allows for a nice edit (at least for me) is Video Edit Magic. Try it out, I think you're going to like it :D

While we're at it, I hope you liked the video. It shows why I decided to use a 3-aspect build for the Buffer SW (you did question my motives in my buffer guide I remember). Although when teaming up with players only 1 of the party buffs - Augmenting Guidon or Rousing command will be up at the time (and it's more than enough), the skeletons actually require both of them to be effective. They are not strong as the players are and tend to miss quite a lot :) And sadly, there isn't always a friend around to team up, so the Astral SW has to fend for himself from time to time.

Edited by Dobri

Dobri, that wasn't the TG I was mentioning yesterday though. For the one in the vid the Orc Cave is worthwhile, for the other not quite so much because he can get such huge experience values by rounding up. (Biggest I've seen him get was ~125k at level 50 from one Area of Effect sequence in the swamp) I suspect people will find the cave works great for anyone oriented towards boss/single unit killing while mob killers will still find other areas faster since they can kill enough other enemies to make up for it.

The program that's easy to use and allows for a nice edit (at least for me) is Video Edit Magic. Try it out, I think you're going to like it :)

Sorry, I am asking again, but I do not have any camera or any other external device. How can I capture with the program?

Tried this cave with my level 95 seraphim.

She killed everything in there in less than 10 seconds.

Got the odd good drop, but nothing I can use.

Gave me 100,000 xp average.

Could only get it to respawn 2x, then star a new game.

A bit disappointing.

Have to do it 30 times to level up.

Edited by jimdingsdale
The program that's easy to use and allows for a nice edit (at least for me) is Video Edit Magic. Try it out, I think you're going to like it :)

Sorry, I am asking again, but I do not have any camera or any other external device. How can I capture with the program?

IF you're not sure what you're doing... better don't try it :) I use fraps to capture everything that's happening on the screen, but remove the frame rate indicator, cause otherwise it's ugly. Then I use Virtual Dub to encode the fraps video with a codec of my choosing (usually ffdshow) - the plain avi fraps produces is way too big: 10 minutes may be like 3GB, depending on the game and the screen resolution. My 2.27 mins were about 400MB. After I encoded it with ffdshow, it was like 25MB, 2.27 min clip. Then I used Video Edit Magic to add music, video effects and such.

It's not easy at all, so if you're willing to try your hand at it, you'll need to spend a considerable amount of time doing that - and learning those 3 programs. Fraps is easy, but virtual dub and Video Edit have a lot of functions which are confusing, even to me, even though I made like 4-5 clips with it already :)

Edited by Dobri

Ok, I have virtual dub & virtual dub mod for a long time when I encode divx & merge avi.

I get the 'Fraps' and try it. (I have irfanview for images but does not capture video).

• 5 weeks later...

My icey HighElf using Raging Nimbus is able to handle this cave very easy in Platinum. :agreed:

Not sure how other difficulties would cope but I thought I would pass this info on because the cave has been a death trap for HighElf's in the past. ;)

Anyone try this on the console versions yet? I will try to get there today and try it out. Only level 19 though but I am in that area.

Just went there - I need to work on my build before I can go there consistently but I can confirm that the same "bug" is on the console version. All the items I got were crap though. But I have bad luck - level 20 now and have not seen anything better than a white.

Tough room for silver campaign level 20 - I died twice so the most I can confirm is I was able to clear the room 2 times in a row without having to restart a game.

Edited by Vyse22

also might I add as a fire HE I rock this place. Magic coup seems to be bugged I take no damage in this cave with MC. also kill in 30 secs or less. take longer than 40 secs you probally wont get a respawn. and I am on console version yes.

Edited by amunra517
also might I add as a fire HE I rock this place. Magic coup seems to be bugged I take no damage in this cave with MC. also kill in 30 secs or less. take longer than 40 secs you probally wont get a respawn. and I am on console version yes.

Ya im on a console too using a level 32 SW and the respawn takes sooooo long I didn't even see the second respawn after I destroyed them the first time and I waited like 5-7 minutes before leaving.