A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

I do try this with my fire highelf with meteor storm.

It works well but you have to aim meteor storm not on the orc but in front of it so they walk in the storm and get stun raped. I got it at 0.6 sec.

Also a shield with blockrate is a must, +sockets or damage migation phyiscal if u can find.

Still I died...

But I don't have the final mod for meteor storm that lets them come down faster, should stun them quicker, and so a bit more surival.

Anyone try this on the console versions yet? I will try to get there today and try it out. Only level 19 though but I am in that area.

Just went there - I need to work on my build before I can go there consistently but I can confirm that the same "bug" is on the console version. All the items I got were crap though. But I have bad luck - level 20 now and have not seen anything better than a white.

Tough room for silver campaign level 20 - I died twice so the most I can confirm is I was able to clear the room 2 times in a row without having to restart a game.

I've been there several times, on both my DW seraphim, and my Dryad. I haven't spent as much time there on the seraphim (started her first with a friend when I got the game, she's only in bronze, and that zone caps at 20-something), but on the Dryad in gold at level 54ish I usually kill everything in there in about 10 seconds.

No real issues with getting bad loot as far as I've noticed. I've gotten several Uniques, including my current weapon, a level 60 Bull's Eye

It's an excellent place for grinding out experience, or if you need cash.

I was actually waiting to try this cave out ^^ Was knowing that one day I'd run into it during exploration and last night was the night. Ran it 17 times, walked away with three sets, two uniques and a ton o'gold.

Stay away evol leprechauns

:tease:

gogo

p.s. Great news hearing it can be run on consoles as well :tongue:

I've been using this cave for a while now on the 360 version and it definitely works. At level 33 to 35 with a seraphim on Silver, the cave is no problem for me, as long as I've got a few health potions kicking around. Pulled a few good items out of there and tons of experience. I would say it's the best spot for leveling, as it's so quick to pull it off. Totally cool. :)

PS3 Fire Elf here -

Cave works wonders. My buddy showed I to me yesterday. level 75 HE, full pyro build. Walk in and BT 2 times, grab gear and walk out. I should mention my BT's do around 3k damage + another 3k a tick, so this cave is cake walk. I have the Safeguard shield and shield lore, so my defense is great as well. Tried it without my shield and almost died. These guys dont play, if you're an HE with low def, stay away

:)

Edit - It gave me awesome drops. Got 3 3 star shields (Glacial, Wall of Fire and Unyielding) and a few set pieces. Im also on Platinum.

Edited by buttfedora

This cave is fickle for some reason, I went in with my recently deceased sw yesterday and worked 2 times with on liners ,, Then sent one of the on liners in (after a fresh restart of the game) Nada.

I went back in worked 3 more times..

Just weird,, although it is a cheat after all, What do you expect:) a perfect cheat:)

Jet

This cave is fickle for some reason, I went in with my recently deceased sw yesterday and worked 2 times with on liners ,, Then sent one of the on liners in (after a fresh restart of the game) Nada.

I went back in worked 3 more times..

Just weird,, although it is a cheat after all, What do you expect:) a perfect cheat:)

Jet

I'm not sure if it's a cheat... is there a bug that causes the Orcs to respawn:) Has anybody figured out if this cave was intentional or not? Personally, Im loving it. Quick and easy. :)

The first time I tried the cave I got two runs out of it before they stopped respawning.

I tried it again a couple days ago and I got about 12 runs out of it before I got bored and moved on.

my friend does it for 2 hours straight, they ALWAYS respawn. he kills them under 10 seconds with his bow dryad.

he can farm 1million gold under 5 minutes. plus all the sets and 3star items

This is a nice place to go. My first run in I got a set item and kept getting atleast 1 or 2 rares after that, but the experience is very nice as well for as quick as it goes. My only word of advice. Don't try and browse through your character menus while fighting these guys. Just lost my level 40 SW to them because of that. Lol!

Tried it last night, jumped a whole level in about 15 mins, the guys die so fast with my seraphim about 10-15 seconds per run but I wasnt getting any potions of the mentor so I ended up burning all my potions up and just went questing lol

Hi. I'v been reading about this ORC Cave but wot game mode should I have it on cause the Cave wont respawn iv tried all modes am I missing somthing..

im LVL36 High Elf on the Xbox360 version

THanks

Hi. I'v been reading about this ORC Cave but wot game mode should I have it on cause the Cave wont respawn iv tried all modes am I missing somthing..

im LVL36 High Elf on the Xbox360 version

THanks

You have to make sure that you leave the cave as soon as you've finished killing the orcs and grabbing the items that they dropped. Don't open the chest in the room or anything else. If you wait too long in the cave, the respawn stops. At that point, you'll have to exit and reload your game to try again.

I used this cave to gain my last few levels near the end of the game before taking on the Guardians. It's a wonderful spot. Just make sure you have a lot of potions on you... they can get pretty nasty. Good luck! :)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

Todays the first day for me in this forum, and I wonder if my alchemy melee-elves will be good in it.

Iron ore trophy at alchemy 300 is 3000 physical armour for 50 seconds. The 3000 are before the % stuff is multiplied in. So if the orcs are really only doing physical..... And as an alchemist I have better healing potions and more or less delay less healing trophies. So I really wonder if melee elves can go there. If they are hard to hit: they will at least drop the kind of trophies I need to hit them: troll teeth.

Hi chattius, welcome to the forum. Ive actually been reading a lot of your posts lately regarding your builds on the Sacred International Forum. Great insight, and good research. A pleasure to read. I only had the chance to run this cave with one of my characters, wasn`t too hard but it was a Shadow Warrior with astronomical defense. Hopefully someone here with more experience in this little gem of a cave will be able to help you more.

The enemies in that cave are all champs... the damage is very large. Be prepared to run.

Edited by shivatar

I never run. I am german. We are used to fight till the better end!!

....Well it is less because I am german but that I still regenerate from an eye surgery. I have too bad eye sight still for hit and run. So I said good bye to my elf-lancers and started shield elves which use alchemy instead weapon lore and have all in vitality. Probably the most robust type an elf can be, but not the fastest in killing.

The orcs in the video seem to have an magic aura, so expulse magic may reduce their damage a bit. Have to try when my kids leave the 2 game computers alone. My old notebook is mainly to play adom, nethack, tome or angband because it is quite outdated. But at least I can read forum and post.

I tried with my melee elf level 125 versus level 146 opponents. I can do 3 runs per trollteeth trophy, which lasts around 50 seconds for me. In 3 runs I find in average 1.14 trollteeth trophies and .87 mentor potions. So my alchemistic melee elf gets all her trophies and mentor potions for the runs from the runs. In 60 runs I had to quaff only one heal potion. GI-buff for life regeneration and magic coup with life steal. 3 Set items and 5 unique weapons of which I could theoretical use the poison star. The rest was energy lances and two-handed swords.

Yes, I try to be careful. I play nowadays only when my wife is at nightshift and my kids are in bed already. So I can concentrate on playing. But it seems these orcs have never seen an axe swinging elf before. At least I was not running in problems in 70 runs.

melee elf

02 bargaining (to unlock alchemy)

03 arcane focus

05 armour

08 arcane focus

12 concentration

18 inferno focus

25 alchemy

35 constitution

50 shield lore

65 perception (our lan party rules said self equipping, I would take storm focus for defense or sword lore for damage if not)

The character was started out of a challenge in HC to play a character with 3 green skills. So all points in vitality. Thanks to alchemy I do not need a weapon lore or stats to hit tougher enemies. I use shuriken to kill bosses and axes to clean mobs, since I am not bound to a certain weapon type.

To heal myself I have GI buff with life regeneration giving 2700 hp/s in combat regeneration. I steal around 3000 life per hit, and its at each hit with stray damage from magic coup.

If I get unlucky and more hits pass my shield, reflecting fireskin and 28000 physical armour then I have 100% working heal potions and roasted beef trophies for healing.

Heal potions get less healing done if used to frequently, but I mix them with trophies (which have a lower delay) and I do okay so far.

If I learned to play one thing the last 8 month then it is HC melee elves.

• 3 weeks later...

I keeping hearing people talking about the orc cave, it sounds awesome and my toon is in the orclands at the moment, so where can I find this magical place.