A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

I just spent a little while in here from the start of level 53 to midway through 54. I didn't even take notice of what level the orcs were, but probably around 62 I'm guessing. Found a much better blowgun, and earned a lot of cash. I think I need to not carry so many potions and runes on me so I have more loot room, and insta-sell more stuff so I spend more time running it and less time running back from a merchant :thumbsup:

If my inventory gets full I just sell the stuff I dont go to a merchant its a waste of time when you can sell them instantly....

I haven't looked into how much less instant selling brings in, but I have this habit in games of picking up EVERYTHING and trying to sell it for the maximum price, until it just gets ridiculous.

But my Dryad has something like 18 million gold and little to spend it on, so I'm not sure I should bother :)

I'm sure you can get a little more money if you have bargaining but I don't think it would be worth stopping what your doing unless its on your way but my inventory gets full in just a few minutes so money is never a problem unless your below level 25 and its your bargainer.

I didn't notice anyone mentioning this as a great place for low level characters too, but it is.

I started a BFG seraphim in Silver on a free play server. Rushed to the Isle of Mounts to get my tiger at level 8 (I was close to 10 by the time I killed the requisite T-energy monsters, which were a pushover -- I may do this with all my characters in the future).

From there I headed straight for the orc area, killing goblins/orcs on the way there. I was level 12 by the time I reached the cave, 14 about 2-3 minutes later, and though I didn't time myself, reaching level 20 took hardly any time at all. I stopped mostly because I wanted to read more runes for my buffs. :P

(I wound up switching to single player campaign mode to unlock the map portals, but I'll be back.)

Well, that is because without the proper preparations, it is not a good place for low-level chars :P

I wouldn't want to send people to their deaths just like that. The BFG seraphim is much more different than a HE. A low-level HE may find herself dead without niob smith arts and a lot of running around to avoid getting hit.

Edited by Dobri

Depends on how you define a low level Elf tbf. Ice Elves have no trouble in the cave at around level 14. Crystal skin wasn't even fully operational, but still on nevertheless.

Had added defence on my armour, but it wasn't from niob, it was from silver.

Edited by BlackJAC

And how would you deal with the cave as an Pyro HE? Use IS? Use fireball? Use BT? Will you able to kill them before they smash you to bits?

As a writer of the guide, I was obliged to give a proper perspective, considering this is not character-based guide. It is up to everyone else to decide when to go to the cave. Besides, I was writing it from the HC point of view, where one must be a little bit more cautious than usual.

Thanks for that link Jet. I've merged the question into the Orc Cave topic for easier reference.

:)

gogo

Goldenunderdog good sort, glad to see him active here.

Jet

glad to have posted it gained a level in like 25 minutes using the caves level 51 HE

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this on a boss-killer Temple Guardian(Deathly Spears build)? I'm going to try in a little while with mine once I get a few more pieces of high def armor(hopefully with +ds or +cd on them). It seems like the orcs should go down fast to the jab-modded DS. If not, then light them up with IE while the DS waves are still hitting them. I'll let you know what happens in the next couple days.

• 5 weeks later...
is this in ps3 c5.

onsole version?

* edit is this in ps3 console version? 8 month old kid bashing keyboard.

Lol little ones ready for his own, Dad!

Yes the orc cave is on all versions and console. beware!, you run into 4 champion Orcs wtih bad attitudes. be warned! and enjoy the lot cause those dudes are loaded!

is this in ps3 c5.

onsole version?

* edit is this in ps3 console version? 8 month old kid bashing keyboard.

Lol little ones ready for his own, Dad!

Yes the orc cave is on all versions and console. beware!, you run into 4 champion Orcs wtih bad attitudes. be warned! and enjoy the lot cause those dudes are loaded!

ya I just found it. they worked my lv 20 HE on silver. im talking... almost 2 hit ko.

level 20? dude that was brave by any standard. And I never set foot in there unless I am ready to make 1 or 2 hit kills on champs. not the other way around. lol

I did warn ya though. well as I have killed my level 124 seraphim Dual on Xbox about 16 times, she was my first build, I can relate.

• 2 weeks later...
Went there as a level 17 dw seraphim(silver) - I was fine.

Probably took until level 30 before I didn't have to worry about dying every time, though.

sounds like your build and tactics are good. just a word of caution- this game is based on a roll of the dice for chance. You can run that cave for an hour with no problem- leave the game and come back- and !BAM! one of them will stun you and give his 3 buddies all a free shot and your RIP before you now it. Be warned!

Probably took until level 30 before I didn't have to worry about dying every time, though.

sounds like your build and tactics are good. just a word of caution- this game is based on a roll of the dice for chance. You can run that cave for an hour with no problem- leave the game and come back- and !BAM! one of them will stun you and give his 3 buddies all a free shot and your RIP before you now it. Be warned!

Do these guys drop as well on the 360 as other champs or have they been nerfed down? I ask this because I have killed them quite a number of times now and I have had very little success at finding much of anything. I have already run them for 30 straight minutes (probably 60 clearings) on platinum and found only health potions, gold and a few horrible rings and ammies. I have my pickup set at 2-star mind you so that I don't fill up too quickly. Are you guys farming these guys for hours straight?

Do these guys drop as well on the 360 as other champs or have they been nerfed down? I ask this because I have killed them quite a number of times now and I have had very little success at finding much of anything. I have already run them for 30 straight minutes (probably 60 clearings) on platinum and found only health potions, gold and a few horrible rings and ammies. I have my pickup set at 2-star mind you so that I don't fill up too quickly. Are you guys farming these guys for hours straight?

Good chance to find valuables is key. and in Platinum I assume you are still trying to 1 shot kill these guys, otherwise the loot isn't as good, I had some of my best runs in the 40-65 levels when I have a good deal of +all skills and EP was at level and I had on 6 relics with EP. after that I stopped supporting the EP in favor of bargaining and never got the same quality of drops again.

Good chance to find valuables is key. and in Platinum I assume you are still trying to 1 shot kill these guys, otherwise the loot isn't as good, I had some of my best runs in the 40-65 levels when I have a good deal of +all skills and EP was at level and I had on 6 relics with EP. after that I stopped supporting the EP in favor of bargaining and never got the same quality of drops again.

Wait a minute... since when does 1 shot killing effect drops? Also, neither of our builds have EP so we have zero of that....