A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

Do you know how much experience the orcs give at silver? level 26

Its probably around 2400 per kill im not really sure but I know its somewhere in that range. That is without mentor pots of course.

On a different note, how much damage would you guys think I would need to do per hit at level 45 on silver to kill these guys quickly?

I keeping hearing people talking about the orc cave, it sounds awesome and my toon is in the orclands at the moment, so where can I find this magical place.

Maybe you didn't see the maps I posted?

Do you know how much experience the orcs give at silver? level 26

Its probably around 2400 per kill im not really sure but I know its somewhere in that range. That is without mentor pots of course.

On a different note, how much damage would you guys think I would need to do per hit at level 45 on silver to kill these guys quickly?

No exact figures... just that, the higher level you get.... the faster you should kill them... they get a bit nasty.

Tried today with a level 100 Pyro HE in plat. She has no problems 99% of the time.... but one run out of nothing she got a few nasty crits and was down to a third of her health.....

TC

Greetz

Heya,

just make sure DP outlasts the time needed to kill the champs. Now... silver won't be that hard, but can never take too much care eh :)

Greetz

I have recently been doing some runs in this cave with my level 113 DW Seraphim on Niob (With 92% Survival Bonus). On the plus side with 11-12k damage pelting strikes and 71.1% Deathblow the Orcs go down in 5-10 seconds so clearing the cave is no problem, and with a level 100 Battle stance and +300% Chance to evade surviving is also easy.

However, the item drops don't seem quite so amazing as people seem to be saying they are even with 250 Perception Mastery and another 50-100% Chance to find Valuables it can take 10-20 minutes to find a Set/Unique item but I can do better making runs on the optional bosses. The Boar, Forest Guardian, Minotaur and White Griffin all drop very good quantities of set/unique items. As for experience I can't help but feel I could do better elsewhere like South-East Hissil'ta.

Since I am clearly far more powerful than I need to be to kill them I am trying to make a Magic Find weapon set to improve the drop rates using the level 140 Officer's Saber I found in there (It wasn't all bad) and one of my 110 sabers.

Someone most likely already asked this, but around what level/difficulty should your toon be on to go fight the orcs. I'm playing a BFG seraphim in silver and at level 33 ATM. Would you suggest I attempt the cave? Thanks :)

I still use the cave on my BFG seraphim in silver, and shes level 50 :). Id invest in some + experience%/ longer potion duration, pop a mentor potion and sit back and watch the experience gainfest.

@LordRaviel

The drops are way better than the average and that's a reason enough to try this cave out. I did have runs with 1-3 cool items in it and I had times when I did over 20 runs without getting a decent item. It's dawn to luck even if you're backed up with a lot of perc mastery and +MF%.

@ryanrocker1217

Try it out but be careful. BFG seraphims have a weapon that does a lot of damage but fires very slowly, allowing some of the orcs to get close enough for a swing. You may have some hard times in some of the runs, especially if the orcs manage to get a few crits through your improved by Battle stance defense.

• 3 weeks later...

using kat's pyro HE build, I have no trouble in the cave.

IS isn't even necessary. I just dish out BT with a regen of .7 and they're toast in 7 or 8 seconds.

that was on silver though lol.

I'm on gold now. we'll see what happens when I get there.

Super, Dobri!

Thanks! :blink:

Tried it for 1.5 hours with my L79 Dryad on Gold (360), armed with a bow.

Rips through the Orcs fast, and usually they don't even hit me once.

I lost the respawn once; probably because I spend a minute destroying junk items after kiling them.

I think if you are in the cave over a set time amount you lose the spawn?

When I run out after killing there's never a problem :P

Edited by Kenjitsuka
Super, Dobri!

Thanks! :D

Tried it for 1.5 hours with my L79 Dryad on Gold (360), armed with a bow.

Rips through the Orcs fast, and usually they don't even hit me once.

I lost the respawn once; probably because I spend a minute destroying junk items after kiling them.

I think if you are in the cave over a set time amount you lose the spawn?

When I run out after killing there's never a problem :lol:

You are absolutely right. You mustn't stay in the cave for far too long or you lose the spawn and need to either reset the server or restart the game in SP.

This is what I do:

I set the game options so that my char picks up only yellow or better items and blue or better rings/ammys, etc. The drops in the cave are very generous, and you know that when you pick up, you only pick up the good stuff and you don't have to clean up the inventory every 5 minutes or so. Besides, the orcs there drop a lot of cash, so you don't have to worry about monetary losses either :P The items left on the ground will keep on disappearing by themselves, meaning you don't have to do it yourself :blink:

Edited by Dobri

hey just a quick thanks for finding this cave :D

I farm it on my level 85 HE ice elf and I get a set piece every few minutes plus a three star every few mins as well

im doing it on platinum though with a heavily upgradedd crystal skin meaning I take like 0 physical damage here :P

I might try to get a vid of her up soon

Decided to finally try this cave with my low level Astral Lord SW (too afraid to try with my other characters), and it works really well.

Thanks a lot for this guide! :bomb:

Max

Since the astral SW is one of the slowest chars to level up - no Area of Effect whatsoever, astral hand and skeletal fortification attack 1 or 2 targets - this cave is the best for fast leveling an Astral SW. The Buffer SW build is based on the astral sw and thanks to this cave, I found out I was leveling as fast as a mass killer pyro he at this point :bomb:

I think it would be nice if everyone that does the cave post with what character they do it and what their strategy is. Something like this :

Character || Character Type (ie : Ice Elf)

-------------------------------------------------

What do I do

For example :

Shadow Warrior || Astral Lord

-------------------------------------------------

-Cast Shadow Veil (or put it on if it's already a buff)

-Cast Skeletal Fortification

-Use the skeletons as a additional damage

This way, Dobri could post this information in the first post in order to help other people to run the cave.

Max

Well, I can give some info on the chars that I have run the cave with:

1. Buffer SW - Veil as buff, Fortification, Augmenting Guidon, Rousing command (in that order) - skellies slash everything supported by the tower, pickup, leave. I first entered the cave at level 54, because I never knew it was so good :D

2. Dual-Wield seraphim - I entered at level 31 for the first time. I had a lot of def, and the orcs had a chance to hit under 10%. Kept battle stance all the time and killed them only with a left click until I deleted her at level 47 to make way for the Inquisitor for the Evil Kami Sundays.

3. Inquisitor - Chastisement + Reverse polarity buffs, preset HP pots, a lot of constitution for more HP. Started the cave runs at level 35 (when I got constitution), mostly killing with a left click or the direct attack CAs - ruthless mutilation and callous execution.

4. Pyro HE - first of all, I ensured she had 3000+ HP and 1500+ physical armor before I entered the cave at level 42 (I was boss farming before that). I also ensured she had the best equip possible so that the damage she takes is as low as possible. Enter, move close to the table in the lower end of the cave (near the fence close to the entrance) and spam Blazing tempest. Regen time of 1.5s or lower is preferable.

- another tactics that you can utilize with a Pyro HE is cast 1 Blazing tempest and run to avoid any damage while they're taking DoT damage.

Hope this helps :D

Edited by Dobri

Wow Dobri you weren't kidding when you said that the orcs hit hard :D My Inquisitor walked in, then died right when I walked into the orcs. I did not have enough physical armor AT ALL.

Yea, I think the problem was the chest piece from the cowls of catharsis set. I quickly looked and saw 133 armor and said ok, sweet. (level 23 inquisitor, level 20 set piece). Only problem was that it's mainly protecting against elemental. So lesson learned I guess. Thanks for the great guide :thumbsup: (goes off to do another orc run)