A guide to the Orc Cave - your easy way to a ton of XP and drops!

I just did 123-124 with a ranged dryad on niob. If I use darting they never get near me because of the knockback but they die quicker if I use ravaged on them one at a time. Either way they die quick enough. With 27,000 armor, about half of which is physical I can still get popped for 4000 damage(out of 12000+). Just have to pay attention. :thumbsup: I have a combo with dustdevil and the HoT, but the regen on it is longer than it takes me to clear the room so I can only start off with it every other time, but it makes it much much safer.

I think a good run in the SE swamps might be better experience for me, but the cave feels like it would be more consistent, if a slight bit more dangerous.

experience with around 60SB and a Strong Mentor's Potion was around 18k/Orc Champ.

Best part of it all, I finally got another Bulls-eye. My last one was level 80 or 90, been waiting all this time for another one.

Edited by Drrahn

The cave is doable with a revered/celestial Seraphim without much trouble. My char is close to soldats' build and here's the tactic:

ensure survivability - 3000+ HP, toughness, armor lore, decent damage of Flaring nova - one 2-pulse nova must drop a regular mob so that 2 can drop a champion, Stun mod is preferable OR decent damage Archangel's wrath (1 or 2 must drop a champion, with a regen time of 1s or lower if 2) OR a decent damage Radiant Pillar.

Tactic 1:

Rush into the middle of the mobs and use Flaring nova. Best case scenario is all 4 of them are stunned and just beg for the second nova to finish them off. Worst case scenario is none of them are stunned, in which case be ready to hit an HP pot if things get bad. Generally, with 2 novas you should have cleared the cave, which is short work for 20-25 seconds at most (waiting to move, running into them, casting and going out included).

Tactic 2:

Move inside and start spamming AW like crazy. Explosion mod is preferable here so that you hit the ones close to the target.

Tactic 3:

Slap 1-2 pillars and run around them, avoiding damage while the orcs get slaughtered.

Another nice cave (and with easier monsters) -thx blasco

The cave between Grunwald and Orcregion:

-join from orcregion

-you'll find 1 orccham and 4 goblinchamps

-not so much experience but same drops like the orccave

caven.jpg

Just tried it out for the first time. 3 flame walls, a desert saber, and a flame tounge. level 56-61 in about 1.5 hours. Thanks for the heads up, my Inquisitor dusts those Orcs with the CM/LA Combo.

It's worth trying it out :D I'll do that later today. The good thing is that the orc champs don't drop that many runes, but the goblins do. With that in mind, the cave you've shown us should be better for people who don't mind the xp, but desire much more balanced drops. Pretty neat!

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

went to Chrona's den for 10 mintes... almost ding to 128, but..

-Officers Saber

-Stallworth Safeguard

-Optimus Minimus

-Halberd of the Commander

Might have been very lucky, but I have to say, this cave is VERY fast, VERY easy :D

Good XP, great drops sofar...

Big GZ on that find Jens, and tyvm :crazy:, getting my Pizza and going back :)

Edit: might be worth it's own topic this one cave here!

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis, welcome to Darkmatters

I merged your topic with a previous guide. It's pretty detailed and quite thorough, and sums up a number of tricks and tips on how get and keep the cave respawning.

Cheers!

:viking:

gogo

From what I can tell: orcs have to be killed in less than ~25 secs, or they stop respawning after 5-6 runs. Not a place for slow killers.

BTW

I like the SE swamp more for experience

Edited by Zonc1

This cave is pretty sweet with EP loaded to the hilt.

In 3 hours my level 55 Serp has found;

level 63 Ice flash

x2 level 64 Sword of the Blood Dryads

3 pieces of level 60 set pieces

2 level 62 Bull's-eyes

1 Dyashea's Hunter bow

A +6 skills ammy (with +28 ice damage too)

various other 3* weapons

And tons of rings etc.

Edited by BlackJAC

55 hard points and something like 140 in total - with some +6 and +5 relics and all skills sockets doing the rest. I also have some rings with % to find valuables socketed. First time I've utilised EP on a toon.

Weapon and armour wise, I'm finding EP a lot more useful than bargaining.

Edited by BlackJAC
So Its 140 total with your relics and +all skills suit?

It was, it's now standing around 167 a few levels later.

using a high EP feels almost like abusing the game mechanics as the amount of stuff I'm getting here is insane. Used the cave on lots of occasions with other characters and never got 1/5 of what I'm getting.

Since I last posted I've gotten the full level 75 Niokaste and Endijian sets and more +all skill rings (no more weapons though).

Forget Bargaining, from now on I'm taking EP on every toon that can take it. hell, I've only uncovered 51% of the map, yet this cave has given me everything I need until Niob.

If anyone is on Xbox and is wanting a free level 70 Stalworth Safeguard, just let me know as I've got 3 spare ones after today.

• 2 weeks later...

The song is the Credits theme from Red Alert 3. It is from the bonus pack to red alert 3, which includes some videos and the mp3 version of all in-game music files.

Edited by Dobri