The Temple Guardian is a boss killer

• 4 weeks later...

First post....yeah!

Anyway I'm liking this build. Mainly just wondering where you stuck your stat points? Did you mix them or mainly dump them in Stamina/Str/Int?

Thanks and great guide!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide btw

I already made a Temple guardian with a similar build but didnt realise how good deathly spears was until now.

What about if I leave everything at reading 1 rune except for my buffs and source wardon?

And one more thing what Skills should I master first?

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for your build/guide tricky, I also like the fact that you have like one part of the build that's basic and the other part can be modded this way your great guide can give a unique experience for everyone.

Things like this on this site have been a GREAT resource for the more casual player like myself. I LOVE the game, but really don't have the time to make new characters over and over figuring out what works. I need to make a character and stick with it. Not only do I need to, I like to as well, because I get attached to my characters. Guess that goes back to my D&D days. Anyways, thanks for this, because TG has been a tough class for me to get used to.. My 1st attemp on my own was a total mess. This will be my 2nd, and hopefully it turns out playable. If so, it's all thanks to this community.

Anyway, Before I start the character, I just want to give you pros a quick preview and ask a couple questions about poinnt and rune allocations. And just to see if this will be a sound build in general. I'm on the PS3 version mind you.

For stat points, I'm going to do a 50/50 split between stamina and vitality.

For skills, my main choices are

Devout Guardian Focus

Source Warden Lore

Concentration

Tactics Lore

Sword

Combat Dicipline

Armor Lore

for the 7th I'm figuring combat reflexes

the other 2...not sure....doesn't really matter. I suppose it could be anything. That doesn;t matter. What I'd like to know in this skill tree, how should I be spreading out points, and in which should I put none? And is anything glaringly wrong with these choices?

For Combat Arts, these will be my most used

I'm making CA permanent and will use energy shroud

Spears obviously

Both Fire and Ice just because I like variety

Grid

Untouchable

and one of the melee CAs. Which one should I use for that? Dedicated Blow or Combat Extention? Which attacks quicker and does the best damage over the long run?

Also, how many runes should I read of each CA?

Edit- Also, I like using the Arch laser arm CA because it just looks kool. To have that at it's most usefull without it's lore skill, should I read all the runes I can or just the one?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by LarryL

A couple of quick suggestions LarryL:

1. If you want to get the most out of your energy shield than take warding energy lore as a skill.

2. Consider leaving combat alert as a castable because it will be twice as effective and then you can pick up untouchable force as your second buff because you are taking source warden lore.

3. Both dedicated blow and battle extension are good melee CAs I eat a lot of runes in battle extension to keep its regen high and benefit mainly from its "passive" bonus of increased chance for double hits. I keep the regen of dedicated blow very low so that it can be constantly spammed as needed.

4. You are currently making a hybrid build between source warden and devout guardian. Consider possibly focusing in one or the other and raising either STR (if you pick devout guardian) or INT if you choose Source Warden. The hybrid build will pay off in the long run but will be more challenging to manage.

5. Archimedes beam is a Lost Fusion CA for which it seems that you are not taking the lore or focus. It will not likely be effective for you for very long unless you rework your build

Have fun!

Me and 3 of my friends just bought Sacred 2 last week. We all kinda decided to make shadow guys, (making me scrap my seraphim who I was enjoying playing), so after trying them all out I decided to make a TG. And at first I was just really confused; I wasnt good at melee, I didnt have OP armor, and I didnt even do good ranged dmg. Than after a few levels and hours playing I started catching on too the hidden power of TG's. The obvious strength as mentioned many times is there nice Area of Effect and mob pulling abilitys. But after playing with my high elf friend I realized they also didnt excel in Area of Effect either. The TG's role was still a puzzle to me until something clicked. I realized that I could actually do everything in the game. I could decently kill people from affar, I could use melee when they got too close, I could use sick Area of Effect when there were too many and I have one of the higher armors in the game (not comparable to seraphim or SW but still more decent than Inquisitor or High elf, from what ive seen). Being a kind of off member in my party of friends I decided to fill in the gaps and support all the other members. And now that I heard this advice about thorns I can fit into this role even better. This class will be interesting as I have never really seen anything like it in other games. anyone have any advice as too playing, and actually using the different Combat Arts and whatnot. I have an idea of mods and skills but I havent quite figured out how to physically play them to a tee. advice would be apprecited :]. (and yes this is my first post on darkmatters so im sure I screwed something up, forgive me haha). thanks all.

Hey guys, need some input to restart my previous TG - Is it crazy to go without T-Energy Shield as a Buff and use Combat Aura and Untouchable Force instead. By going with T-Energy, it basically forces you to choose Warding Energy doesn't it? I was thinking about trying out something along these lines - I love having EP and Bargaining as I hate the micro-management of going between my other builds. I could take those out and add WE and Toughness/Damage Lore/Combat Reflexes instead.

1) Enhanced Perception

2) Devout Guardian Focus

3) Bargaining

4) Source Warden Focus

5) Concentration

6) Tactics Lore

7) Armor Lore

8) Source Warden Lore

9) Combat Discipline

10) Constitution

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

I'm very interested in answers about what obie wrote :)

Indeed, I would like to replace the Sword and Combat Reflexes by Smith and Bargaining, nearly at the same levels you took them trickyz. Not too early (char too weak...) and not too late (want good stuff before level 50 :) )

It's like a mix between your build trickyz and Stick_eM's one (here).

What I like on your build is the use of the CAs, Firy/Icy and DS, 2 or 3 buffs. What I like on his build (Stick_eM) is the Smith and Shop aspect.

SO if I could combine both and still have a TG which can kill bosses like you do and also smith and shop it would be wonderful !

If I drop Sword, maybe I will need some -xx% enemy evades or defense, +xx% attack increase in order to still hit the mobs at high level ?

If I drop Combat Reflexes, maybe I will need some +x% chance to evade, +x% defense in order to not being hit (and so not die) ?

But doing so, I won't have as many +skills, +CA, and other stuff you have... :D

And by the way, I play SP SC.

Tell me what you think about it and if it looks good, I'll start this Swiss Killer TG right away :cry: (no offense to people from Switzerland ;) )

Edited by Jerjer
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, great guide. What's the lowest level you think its possible to beat niob with this build? My goal is always to beat the last boss at the lowest level possible and have very fast mob killing.

I would use toughness instead of combat reflexes.

I wonder if its a good idea to drop one of the following defensive skills for Source Warden lore which would boost your ember, untouchable force damage, etc.... which seems to be what you're using for a lot of the mob killing:

- Warding Energy Lore, Toughness, Constitution

Obviously the other 7 skills stay.

What do you think about this? Which skill to drop for source warden lore or should I just leave it out and take the 3 above defensive skills?

Edited by ka243
  • 9 months later...