Cobalt Strike: Need a bit of information

Von Bek

I'm currently playing an Ice HE and I've got cobalt strike with my mob killing Frost Flare. Now, I'm modding Cobalt Strike and I want to take both chances to strike another target and the Explosion mod, but there's something I need to know before I take it: does the explosion only go off for the target monster or does it go off for EVERY hit?

If it were to go off on every hit, it would work incredibly well with frost flare, and would be able to essentially double the damage on the nearby monsters already hit once by the initial blasts. Thanks in advance guys!

Heya Von. Personally I have a similar HE that uses those two Combat Arts as main attacks. I had tried the double chain mod with explosion and wasn't too happy with the damage so on my next HE I opted for chain - damage - explosion which I like much more in terms of damage. As for explosion on chained hits I don't think so but then again I haven't looked that closely. Hard to catch all the flying numbers. ^^

Attacking with both Frost Flare and Cobalt Strike is a great way to go in the HE's early levels but you'll likely find at 60+ that they'll be strong and fast enough that you'll only use one. Granted where Frost Flare won't work against ice resistant enemies you'll have that Cobalt Strike to fall back on and vice versa. :mafia:

P.s.

From what I can see explosion does not occur on chain hits. After consistent attacks against 2 enemies side by side I always deal 3 damage hits.