Weapon Hitbox

Do different weapons have different size hitboxes?

What is a hitbox? Some games if you swing a bigger weapon it has a bigger hitbox. The hitbox determines which enemies the weapon hits and deals damage to.

So if my inquisitor is dualwielding dirks and is surrounded by mobs will he hit less mobs on a ruthless mutilation than if dualwielding broadswords?

The game plays fast and loose with weapons. Some weapons like daggers look like they do ridiculously low damage... but they get to hit more often than the bigger, heavier weapons. When you combine a weapon with a combat art that hits more than one opponent, then you can get a weapon that normally attacks slowly to attack multiple opponents quickly.

The thing to do is: try stuff out. Sacred doesn't come with a detailed manual on how the game mechanics work. So, we have to experiment.

Cheers and good luck!

I totally agree with Frosty. The hitbox ( love that word, thanks for bringing it up ;)) seems to be completley dif depending on ca and finally weapon. As well, the animation of the CA as well as Attack Speed... huge number of variables here.

I guess something to document a few years into the game?

:)

gogo

Finally something which I can reply to!

Okay so as far as I know hitboxes are not implemented in sacred. BUT most (if not all) Polearms do have the 'chance to hit multiple opponents' which to me seems a good description of what you want since a polearm is big, 2-handed, and has to have a bigger range than say, a dagger.

I have only encountered hitting more than one enemy with one regular swing with polearms.

-Pelting strikes (Seraphim CA) does seems to occasionally hit more than one mob but only after one has perished.

|->Some other CAs from the inquisitor and the Shadow warrior do also hit in a cone in front of you, which they also state in their description.

Sincerely,

Sylph

It seemed to me that hits in S1 were based on intent to hit rather than the size of your(or their) weapon. Anyone who has been killed by an orc with a sword half a screen away can vouch for that. They start their swing, but you run away. The blow still lands despite the distance between both player and monster.

I have noticed this in Sacred 2 as well, but it was in my favor. I started a FR with my Shadow Warrior and a kobold managed to get way out of range, yet he was still hit by one of my strikes.

-Pelting strikes (Seraphim CA) does seems to occasionally hit more than one mob but only after one has perished.

Several Combat Arts that 'multi-hit' like Pelting Strikes or the Shadow Warrior's Frenzied Rampage will target another opponent (if in range) if the previous opponent dies before CA is finished

Yes I've now noticed on Frenzied Rampage on my shadow warrior that he sometimes hits enemies that are out of the graphics range. I imagine it still has a target radius, because he seems to pick second targets more often if they are closere. Also if his back is turned he usually doesn't whirl on a FR although I guess sometimes though.