First 100 degree day in AZ

zomgod, DAveO, I guess I never read yer city in your profile...Arizona? So lucky! And yeah, send some of that sun down here right away Sir...it's s coooooooooold evening in Montreal

:viking:

gogo

Last time I visited Phoenix ws in college over spring break, 1974. It was around this time -- perhaps a late Easter that year, I'm not certain.

Anyway, we celebrated the first of 100 straight days of 100 degree temps in Phoenix. I was sure glad I was only visiting.

A fellow phoenician I see lol, gogoblender you can HAVE all this bloody heat... Been in it for too blasted many years now. Course, heres the screwed thing, LAST WEEK we were in the 70's, THIS WEEK we are in the 100's, and the (supposedly) predict the 80's for NEXT week... Are you sure you want our weather lol? Its more unreliable than your uncle teds 59 ford pickup!

I'd gladly swap my weather for yours.

Here... well. The overnight temp went under freezing again. At least there are no mosquitoes here yet. The flood water has been contained by the floodway (or we'd be under 20 feet at the marker point downtown.).

Would be nice to have leaves on the trees... but hey, that's coming in May. (3rd week).

On the bright side here: We only need the air conditioners for cooling in the afternoon. At home, we don't need one at all, most days.

If it were 100 here I'd be sun tanning, or out riding my bike. Drinking water as my main source of liquid I'm fine in any amount of heat. It's when you like diurretics like Coke, coffee, juice that you run into problems in the heat.

Sigh.

Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence I suppose. ;) Though, of course, there is no grass in Phoenix! :)

Though, of course, there is no grass in Phoenix!

of course there is.....it's called astro-turf :4rofl:

We never get to 100 F here and rarely into the 90's. Maybe 3-4 days each year

• 3 weeks later...

It has been pretty much 100 or close to it for the past two weeks. Another 15-20 years, and I will have been in AZ for most of my life.