If you had to choose... PS3 or XBOX for Sacred 2?

PS3 or XBOX  

44 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 or XBOX

• PS3
    • XBOX

360 for me!

I already have mine pre-ordered. I'm sure once I have mine, the kids will want one for their 360's.

Edited by Giggles

Guess it will be determined by the platform you already have and since I have the PS3, that's where I'm going :viking:. I haven't preordered but have been holding onto a Best Buy gift certificate from Valentine's Day just for this.

This is an extremely tough choice for me. I plan to buy Sacred 2 for my nephews but they have both consoles. Ugh! I "think" I should buy them PS3. From what I understand the PS3 does not charge extra for online play. The kids don't have LIVE for their xbox. So.... PS3 is the best choice for them? :unsure:

im toying with buying an xbox just to play... the xbox is cheaper and microsoft inst going under anytime soon, Sony on the otherhand is having problems...

Greetings...

I have all three...PS3...X-Box 360...and a pretty good computer...hands down the PC has better graphics....if you have a decent one...with a good card to take advantage of the shaders...but in saying that...its funny that in most cases...if the game comes out for the PS3 and the X-box 360...they are offering 1080p most times like I say for X-box 360....and only 780P for PS3...now that kinda sucks because the PS3 is a stronger machine...sooo...graphics are better on the Xbox.

But.....as pointed out....theres no charge to play online with the PS3...and for kids I think that is much better.

Zandy

I already voted, and I think it was for the 360, just because the console is sooo much cheaper. Thatwas the main concern: which allows me to play Sacred 2 the cheapest :4rofl:

But 2 of my mates have a ps3, so if I was forced to buy it right now, it would be a PS3 so I could play at my mtes' place.

Everyone at work has a 360 and uses live. For that reason alone, it makes it interesting...howeve ps3 is free to play online cept for certain games right?

And have you guys heard?

Xbox 360... REGION LOCK!

:)

gogo

If I had to choose, I would get it on PS3 as I would never buy Xbox as it doesn't have any good games what I or any of my friends would play (no party games like Buzz, Singstar or best rally game Gran Turismo or best figting game Tekken) and everyone who has owned xbox/xbox360 has said it's broken..

If I had to choose, I would get it on PS3 as I would never buy Xbox as it doesn't have any good games what I or any of my friends would play (no party games like Buzz, Singstar or best rally game Gran Turismo or best figting game Tekken) and everyone who has owned xbox/xbox360 has said it's broken..

From what I have read the "broken" issue is due to overheating and that tends to occur with those who play for 6-7 hours min every day.... for my family where it might get used for 3-4 hours 2-3 days a week the xbox should be more than sturdy enough....

I got the PS3 version and I love the game. yes it is free to play online. I got it on PS3 cuz my second xbox is broken. the game looks great and I have yet to see any of the "problems" that many reviews of the xbox version talked about. only bugs ive noticed are slight load times entering dungeons and towns and very little pop in when entering some buildings.

I would also like to thank everyone here for all the great info about the game, kept me interested while I waited through the delays for the console release

made my choice and it was any easy one....PS3 for sure. So far I am enjoying this game, although the camera angles tend to be annoying I would like to see a bit further ahead than allowed when playing online.

Greetings...

if the game comes out for the PS3 and the X-box 360...they are offering 1080p most times like I say for X-box 360....and only 780P for PS3...now that kinda sucks because the PS3 is a stronger machine...sooo...graphics are better on the Xbox.

Zandy

this is what a lot of developers are saying. there's a lot of untapped potential in the PS3, but it's extremely difficult to program for. as others in the thread have said, this decision mostly depends on what system you already have, but I have a 360 for the online experience. as ign & 1up reviewers have said, yes you have to pay for xbox live, but it's easily worth the (with the price drop) $30 a year. the games selection is what is keeping it steadily ahead of the ps3 and ahead of the Wii in recent total game sales. ps3 sold well because of the blu-ray player, but now that you can get them for under $200, I think it's gonna have a lot of trouble ahead.

Greetings...

if the game comes out for the PS3 and the X-box 360...they are offering 1080p most times like I say for X-box 360....and only 780P for PS3...now that kinda sucks because the PS3 is a stronger machine...sooo...graphics are better on the Xbox.

Zandy

this is what a lot of developers are saying. there's a lot of untapped potential in the PS3, but it's extremely difficult to program for. as others in the thread have said, this decision mostly depends on what system you already have, but I have a 360 for the online experience. as ign & 1up reviewers have said, yes you have to pay for xbox live, but it's easily worth the (with the price drop) $30 a year. the games selection is what is keeping it steadily ahead of the ps3 and ahead of the Wii in recent total game sales. ps3 sold well because of the blu-ray player, but now that you can get them for under $200, I think it's gonna have a lot of trouble ahead.

Actually the truth is neither console is really powerful enough to do 1080p games that look good. In fact most games labeled 1080p for either console are in a much lower resolution natively, they're just upscaled. Both companies cheat with how they define 1080p, and in fact there are more native 1080p games for PS3. Some 360 "1080p" games aren't even in 720p. The few games for either console that are in true 1080p have pretty simplistic graphics.

It is a little easier for the 360 to do 1080p upscaling as it has a hardware upscaler while the PS3 has to do it in software. But it really doesn't make much of a difference. If you want true 1080p gaming, you need a PC (I say this as a PS3/PC owner). However the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't going to be a big deal for console owners, so there's not much need for it anyway. Obviously it is for PC gamers.

Definitely not the xBox as I detest Microsoft too much to want to donate to Uncle Bill's Poor fund any more.

Not the PS3 either, as I don't have one, so couldn't play it. If I didn't have a PC already, I guess it would have to be a PS3 though.

• 2 years later...

If we're talking about Sacred 2 only and are ignoring factors like what console one's friends are using, etc...the choice is fairly simple: The PS3 version.

It has fewer bugs compared to the 360 version, and lacks most of the game freezing bugs (Lightsabers freezing the game for example). Is there really anything else that matters when comparing two versions of the same game against each other, barring all other factors?

To address something from earlier about 720p: The PS3 version also plays in 1080p (though it may be scaled up from 720p as discussed by others, I'm not sure...it's just one of the few games that I have where my TV goes into 1080p mode).

Now, if we're not excluding all other factors, then it comes down to personal preference: Controllers, how many friends are willing to play with you on which console, value of exclusives to each system, etc.

All of my friends who have Sacred 2 have it for PS3, a good portion of the games which I still play beyond the end of the game (usually multiplayer) are PS3 exclusives (Fat Princess, Pixeljunk Monsters, Little Big Planet, Time Crisis 4, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Cross Edge, White Knight Chronicles), and I like the PS style controllers myself (more buttons, d-pad in a natural position).

As for the PS3 being in trouble, game sales keeping the 360 ahead, etc: Sony's not really under any trouble financially right now. Their stock is steadily increasing (quicker than MS) after the PSN outage. Though it's not much of a difference, Sony's stock is also worth more than MS right now ($27.03 against $26.78 respectively).

As for the sales claims: I'm not sure of the current numbers myself (can't find a decent source), but I'd be curious as to the objective evidence that claim is based on. So far, every time I've seen that claim, it's been on belief. For example, this shows otherwise (though it's for Japan only): http://www.the-magicbox.com/1107/game110714c.shtml. I've also seen numbers that show that the 360's sales are mainly cross platform games (Call of Duty comes to mind, though I don't have a link for it). Yes, for those who enjoy FPSs, the 360 is obviously the superior console.

However, Sony's not really in trouble because it's not the cheapest Blu-Ray player around. The exclusives that I'm interested in between August-December are numerous (and I'm not really interested in very many games these days, since Sacred 2 takes up most of my time): Dragon's Crown (huge one, this might take some of my Sacred 2 time), Bleach: Soul Resurreccion, Disgaea 4, WKC 2, The House of The Dead: Overkill Extended Cut, Sorcery, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (well, shared with the Wii technically). There are plenty of other exclusives, but I'm not interested in them, so I don't have their information on-hand.

On the other hand, the only (formerly, it's now shared with the Wii) 360 exclusive that I want to play (present or future) would be Shikigami no Shiro 3 (which was never released outside of Japan on the 360 anyways, so the region lock issue comes into play). Again, I can't list all of the exclusives, but I've noticed that quite a few of 360's exclusives are no longer exclusives (Castlevania: HoD and that creepy platformer, whose name I can't remember, come to mind).

But yeah, I've gone on a huge tangent. Voted PS3 due to few bugs in the build.

while I own a ps3 and still enjoy sacred on it, I've heard it isn't as prone to crashing on xbox live, and xbox owners get the carrier imp as well. So I have to vote for the 360