The Dual Wield INT Staff Nature Dryad

I'm curious...I'd heard that the console versions had a much lesser powered Acute Mind... I wonder if this is true?

I remember running the Acute Mind builds in the old days... hugely powerful to say the least.

:)

gogo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious...I'd heard that the console versions had a much lesser powered Acute Mind... I wonder if this is true?

That is correct, I do have this build on PS3 amongst many others, And the Acute Mind isnt as powerful as the videos posted and I run a very similar build.. But its still a great build to use either way, EL & EV are still powerful with Acute Mind activated.. But look at this way, Vipers Dryad (pc lv80) and my Dryad (ps3 lv80).. Viper would stomp all over me and eat me after then spit me out and eat me again..... then you know.. etc etc. :) Still a great build for Consoles though! I vouch for that.

I remember running the Acute Mind builds in the old days... hugely powerful to say the least.

:D

gogo

Glad Pagey had this info. At level 13, HC, I havent' even thought about AM yet! Good to know inadvance not to bet the farm on it carrying me through higher difficulties.

<sigh>

Will have to take some defensive skills, then. 8(

Essjayem, It will take you into the higher difficulties, Im in niob at level 80 with this build and have no troubles. Acute mind with pure intelligence.. and this build does help.. But the strength of it just aint as strong, But your definately right, take as many defence skills as you can without taking away majority of the build away, The defence moves I have taken is Combat Reflexes, Armor Lore, Constitution.. (Ancient bark is awesome for adding extra armour, along with Goldentouch) You will be fine I promise.. Very strong in PS3, Ive had no issues at all, I do play alongside a inquisitor though (Girlfriend).. But just dont expect to deal as much damage as he did at earlier levels that is all...

With the right mods on AM, AB, EV, EL.. You really cant go wrong.. :) If you need any help with the build for PS3 dont hesitate to let me know, Ill join your game or you join mine and we can work it out buddy.. Ill show you what I have done

PSN - GodsMercy7

Look forward to hearing from you. :)

P.S I can help you with Inquisitor, HE and Dryad.. Only builds I know ;)

Essjayem, It will take you into the higher difficulties, Im in niob at level 80 with this build and have no troubles. Acute mind with pure intelligence.. and this build does help.. But the strength of it just aint as strong, But your definately right, take as many defence skills as you can without taking away majority of the build away, The defence moves I have taken is Combat Reflexes, Armor Lore, Constitution.. (Ancient bark is awesome for adding extra armour, along with Goldentouch) You will be fine I promise.. Very strong in PS3, Ive had no issues at all, I do play alongside a inquisitor though (Girlfriend).. But just dont expect to deal as much damage as he did at earlier levels that is all...

With the right mods on AM, AB, EV, EL.. You really cant go wrong.. :) If you need any help with the build for PS3 dont hesitate to let me know, Ill join your game or you join mine and we can work it out buddy.. Ill show you what I have done

PSN - GodsMercy7

Look forward to hearing from you. :)

P.S I can help you with Inquisitor, HE and Dryad.. Only builds I know :)

Too bad I'm offline 8( Help would be appreciated!

Anyway, the build is progressing, just dinged level 36 and beat Scorpion on Silver. Main thing about this toon is that I started her just after defragging my harddrive, so no items. Got Gold access from my friend who sped thru Silver on his profile, but I only used it to find MF rings/EP relics to try to speed up finding items. Keeping her "hardcore" so I can post a write-up. The most interesting thing, is with gold EP rings and relics, from level 13 to 22, I found NOTHING! After swapping out MF for kill-speed, I started finding stuff! :)

Skills____ (Level 35)-------------------------Attributes: 100% INT

EP---------------35

Tactics----------25

Weaver Lore---12

Dual------------12

Weaver Focus--10

Bargain----------1

Voodoo Focus--9

Hunter Focus---1

Last 2 skills will be Concentration (to add either buff - leaning towards animus) and Alchemy (yes, I'm gonna 8) No defensive skills to see what happens! Warn me all you want, re-rolling is never an issue :)

Voodoo is for Black Curse and Twisted Torment (headhunting)

Buff set is casting AB at penalty levels (18.5), and with Rugged, Divert and Healing mods. Hitpoint regen without GGT is 100/s (lol, with only 1200 HP!) Needless to say, mobs aren't touching me (2 champ red scorpions and one green scorpion I had to use GGT...)

The main issue is that weapon damage is still higher using swords/axes, and dual staffs WITH Acute Mind is just starting to surpass that damage. (levels 25-35) Bearing in mind that I've only found 2 unique staffs (both T. Legacy's) so far. I have a nice 1-star staff with good mods and nice damage, and have now switched to staffs, to get used to casting AM all the time.

AM + Testa is not entirely exciting, until Magic damage +% is added! Got Garganthopod down to 50% health from this gift. Took another 60-75 seconds to finish him off, though!

• 4 months later...

With the Ice and Blood expension, I swapped magic staff lore for duel weld. Working out wondfully. the combo of DA and RI will hit every thing nearby, though u can't range attack with that combo. And you can stand back and range staff and spam combo of TV and EL for boss fights. Any one else have similiar experience and thoughts on this?.

belae

Hey how do u get you're hit percentage up if dual wield only stays at ten

the mods on sinister predator are for chance to hit. As a matter of fact that is the only reason for the that buff on a non-ranged build. The buff is useless on a melee build without the mods.

Hey how do u get you're hit percentage up if dual wield only stays at ten

The simplest answer is that the Combat Arts Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault have a built-in attack value increaser that you cannot see in-game. I remember having less than 10% chance to hit (according to the last opponent screen) versus most things, but rarely missing as long as I kept my RI and DA as high as I possibly could (keeping the regeneration times under control is the trick here).

Can Dryads pick Bargaining as a starting skill without EP or Riding?

That would be a negative sir :D EP looks like the best choice besides alchemy, but I understand your on console, so EP is definitely your best bet.

• 3 months later...

- Tangled Vines. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase Combat Art level.

*Bronze: Tendrils

*Silver: Singe

*Gold: Encroach (This mod gives you the ability to cause Area of Effect damage and hit more than 1 enemy.)

- Edaphic Lances. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase Combat Art level.

*Bronze: Thorns

*Silver: Stings

*Gold: Singe (Either choice here is good but I prefer Singe)

Quick noob question: What's the difference, functionally, between feeding Combat Art runes to increase it and using items to increase the ability? I just got this game and have a level 8 Dryad using this build and I'm wondering why I keep the Hunter skills at strictly 1 rune, some of the Nature ones at rune 1 with +to Ability from items, and some of the other CAs like Ancient Bark at max focus penalty via runes.

Thanks.

- Tangled Vines. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase Combat Art level.

*Bronze: Tendrils

*Silver: Singe

*Gold: Encroach (This mod gives you the ability to cause Area of Effect damage and hit more than 1 enemy.)

- Edaphic Lances. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase Combat Art level.

*Bronze: Thorns

*Silver: Stings

*Gold: Singe (Either choice here is good but I prefer Singe)

Quick noob question: What's the difference, functionally, between feeding Combat Art runes to increase it and using items to increase the ability? I just got this game and have a level 8 Dryad using this build and I'm wondering why I keep the Hunter skills at strictly 1 rune, some of the Nature ones at rune 1 with +to Ability from items, and some of the other CAs like Ancient Bark at max focus penalty via runes.

Thanks.

Welcome to Dark Matters.

The biggest issue is regeneration times. reading Runes increases the level of the Combat art, but also the regeneration time. Every player will need to find the balance between regen and CA level. in this build the Author is trying to control regens by keeping some at 1 rune. While pumping others that they feel are needed more.

BTW Socketing runes or +CA jewels into gear raises the CA but only give half the regen penalty compared to reading runes.

• 3 months later...

for the life of me I can not understand how you can mod the caprisious hunter Combat Arts with out taking the proper focus for them, this guide is flawed unless I missed something and if I did please clear it up for me so I can enjoy this awesome looking class build. thank you

This guide highly depends which version of the game you are playing:

Console -> The regeneration times can be kept low using items with Regeneration_per_hit.

PC- Pre Ice and Blood

Avoid reading too much runes until you can use enough items with Chance_to_halve_regeneration_time like Arni's_Ring. The goal is to reach 100% half regeneration time, which is easier the higher your level is.

PC- Ice and Blood

It is probably best not to take double-hit but staff lore. Staff lore dryads in Ice and Blood can hit everything on screen with a single attack. See this article: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14581

for the life of me I can not understand how you can mod the caprisious hunter Combat Arts with out taking the proper focus for them, this guide is flawed unless I missed something and if I did please clear it up for me so I can enjoy this awesome looking class build. thank you

Welcome to the boards, Mistle!

Yeah, you just missed one small thing... putting points in Tactics Lore will give modification points for Cap. Hunter combat arts!

Enjoy!