The Dual Wield INT Staff Nature Dryad

From SIF:

The Dual Wield INT Staff Dryad!

Update: 06/10/2009

I decided to edit the guide and add some more info in the thread to make things easier for people to follow. I did change some things in the new format that are different from the original video guide. If you have followed things since I first posted don't worry the original build works great. There is always a way to improve something.

#1: Attributes.

- Strength: 0%

- Stamina: 0%

- Vitality: 0%

- Dexterity: 0%

- Intelligence: 100%

- Willpower: 0%

#2: Skills.

-Nature Weaver Lore 200

-Tactics Lore 75

-Dual Wield 10

-Nature Weaver Focus 200

-Concentration 51

-Combat Discipline 75

-Combat Reflexes 75 OR Spell Resistance 75

-Armor Lore 75

-Constitution 75

-Ancient Magic 75

#3: Combat Arts and Modifications.

Aspect: Capricious Hunter

- Darting Assault. Read only 1 rune

*Bronze: Reload

*Silver: Wounding

*Gold: Rotate

- Ravaged Impact. Read only 1 rune

*Bronze: Perforate

*Silver: Breach

*Gold: Blast

- Sinister Predator. Read only 1 rune (the mods work with melee weapons)

*Bronze: Eagle Eye

*Silver: Marked Shot

*Gold: Hunting Focus

Keep Darting Assault, Ravaged Impact, and SP at level 1 at all times. Do not use gear to increase the Combat Art's lvls on this asepct.

Aspect: Nature Weaver

- Acute Mind. Keep @ focus penalty level or higher. You can pump this Combat Art with lots of runes.

*Bronze: Proficiency

*Silver: Insight

*Gold: Easiness (This is the mod that reduces the regen time for every Combat Art used)

- Tangled Vines. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase Combat Art level.

*Bronze: Tendrils

*Silver: Singe

*Gold: Encroach (This mod gives you the ability to cause Area of Effect damage and hit more than 1 enemy.)

- Edaphic Lances. Read only 1 rune. Use gear mods to increase Combat Art level.

*Bronze: Thorns

*Silver: Stings

*Gold: Singe (Either choice here is good but I prefer Singe)

- Goldenglade Touch. Keep @ focus penalty level

*Bronze: Flow

*Silver: Persevere

*Gold: Diligence

- Ancient Bark. Read as many runes as possible without going over 50-60% regen penalty.

*Bronze: Rugged

*Silver: Divert

*Gold: Invigorate

What does "Keep @ focus penalty level" mean?

naturefocus.jpg

Highest spell level without penalty. Try to keep these Combat Art's close to that level.

#4: Weapons and Armor.

*Weapon of choice: Nlovae's Mystery

*Armor of choice: Leaves and Twigs and Tendils of Time

*Rings/Amulets: +All Skills, Aspect: Nature Weaver

#5: Playstyle

*Mod Ancient Bark first

*Stay away from fire damage. With bark on you take 20% more fire damage.

*Attack Value / Chance to Hit is very important.

*Use Hunter Combat Art combo for normal mobs and Nature Combat Art combo for bosses/tough champs.

*Stay away from mobs with reflect.

Pay close attention to video when acute mind is active. The weapon damage jumps to 16k! It is very easy to herd mobs and just kill them all with acute mind + hunter combo....rinse and repeat when acute mind is available again. You can still kill mobs with 1-2 swings without acute mind but I find it faster to herd and kill a lot of enemies at once. You might want to try out the Area of Effect from Tangled Vines also. It can be a lot of fun seeing 10 enemies vined at once then dead 3 seconds later.

#6: Videos. Work in Progress (I will be posting new videos as soon as possible)

Here is the OLD video....Enjoy:

a9452-4.jpg

Boss Killah Video. Kral Dies in 2 seconds:

a94ae-4.jpg

Video's of Chrona Destroying everything in his path:

c5a97-4.jpg

b35fa-4.jpg

b3d74-4.jpg

Chrona's Damage and Armor @ level 115:

lvl115.jpg

Damage: 84,500-98,500

Armor: 108,000

LOL smile.gif

(Special thanks to Chrona for helping me tweak this build)

^^

Edited by gogoblender
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am behind firewall, so I have not seen the video but:

Since you hold staff, is there any reason to put more than one hard point to Dual Wield?

I would get swords, if I do close combat there... you mentioned that attack is critical,

but with staves:)

Edited by Spyrus
I am behind firewall, so I have not seen the video but:

Since you hold staff, is there any reason to put more than one hard point to Dual Wield?

I would get swords, if I do close combat there... you mentioned that attack is critical,

but with staves:)

*Dual wield points increase your attack value / chance to hit.

*The whole purpose of this build is 2 use INT based weapons. Acute Mind Ca boost int based weapons damage by 16k.

Got it, their damage is boosted by acute mind...nice,

but when you do not have acute mind (I thing you took the cooldown to 45 sec, so it can be always active)?, how much damage you do with staves?

Edited by Spyrus

That is amazing!

Which CAs are in your combos?--Oh. I can just look. Doh!

(u=up, d=down)

Hunter Combo: Darting Assault (udu) and Ravaged Impact (uud).

Nature Combo: Tangled Vine (ud) and Edaphic Lances (udu).

Acute Mind (uud)

Ancient Bark (uuu)

Goldenglade Touch: (u)

@Spryus: The video shows: the staff deals damage 3116-3705 physical ice and fire, with 152-562 damage getting through (crits at the top end I guess), changing to 12,221 to 16,322 damage getting through with Acute Mind active. Wow.

The multiplier from the CA combined with the fixed plus from Acute Mind plus the added bonus for using a Staff instead of an axe or a sword.... just Wow!

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Finally Viper, your build in action! I've gotta say this build is probably the build that excites me most in Sacred 2 right now. So much flexibility and so so SO much sheer damage :P

;)

So, some question ^^

Would you be able to tell how many runes of Acute mind you have read and then the level it is cast at? What are you using the cast Acute Mind with...same weps you are using to hit with Darting ASsault... or another set entirely?

How much hp per sec are you able to get your ggt to run with and without Acute?

How about he regens on the spells... how fast is the Entanglement and Thorns running at?

My Acute Dryad's death at level 94 was just about the biggest hit I took in this game. The amount of equipment I'd saved up for months all washed away...and this was something I had come to note about this build...specifically how much I was depending on slots to raise Combat Arts and damages.

And... lol, another question.. what are you socketing for damage? Since the build is hybrid, you're probably socketing whatever is able to raise both your melee damage plus your magical damage... are you using smith runes?

Probably my biggest dissapointment with the build was the Darting Assault animation from back of mount...sooooo slow. Even with Duel Wield completely pumped and with Attack Speed at almost maximum..I found the animation to launch the hit sluggish :)

I'm actually making a dryad dual wield daggers right now, but miss the complexity of Acute Mind... knowing that if we use staves and put all attributes to int pretty compelling...specially as the int powers both spell damage AND melee damage.

Thanks for this topic and your video build, Viper...I'm gonna have lots more questions later!

:oooo:

gogo

Would you be able to tell how many runes of Acute mind you have read and then the level it is cast at? What are you using the cast Acute Mind with...same weps you are using to hit with Darting ASsault... or another set entirely?

Memorized 66 runes of Acute Mind and it is cast @ level 57.7............. I use the same weapons. There is no need to micromanage ca gear here. The int boost from AM is enough to kill anything in 1 hit already. With my play style, I round up a large herd of enemies and kill them all with the acute mind + hunter combo....then I start to gather another large herd and by the time AM is ready to cast again I have a screen full of enemies to kill in 1 shot.....rinse and repeat. Look @ my stats in the video....I have almost -72% regen time on nature Combat Arts from gear mods. It doesn't take long to recast.

How much hp per sec are you able to get your ggt to run with and without Acute?

Ancient Bark gives me +400 HP/s alone.................... +4,300/s from GGT without acute mind. I am not sure about the hit point regen with AM...... I'll to test. The only time I ever use GGT is when I am facing a very strong opponent like in the Kral video.

How about he regens on the spells... how fast is the Entanglement and Thorns running at?

4.7 seconds. I only use this for tough enemies/bosses....not very often.

And... lol, another question.. what are you socketing for damage? Since the build is hybrid, you're probably socketing whatever is able to raise both your melee damage plus your magical damage... are you using smith runes?

I use Niob Smith Arts in ALL of my gear slots. +337% damage, +554% Attack Value, +747% Armor, +1020% Defense Value. (some of defense is from Ancient Bark of course)

Hope this helps.

/cheers

You said it and you did it :D Great work, Viper. We did talk about that in-game, and as I expected... You got me hooked up :P Well, we'll see... After I get the smith to niobium, there may be time to start a dryad based on your build after all :) I put her off long enough...

And I'm sorry for that smile in game that appears on your vid... You did say to disregard what you were writing, but I was a slowpoke and typed it down without thinking or reading :)

Edited by Dobri
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its the most funniest toon I ever played- thx Viper

I played this toon till level 90 with some changes and rebuild it now for my DARK-toon:

Nature Weaver Lore charlvl till 200

Tactics Lore 75

Dual Wield 10

Nature Weaver Focus charlevel till 200

Concentration

Combat Discipline 75

Combat Reflexes 75

Armor Lore 75

Constitution 75

Ancient Magic 75

---------------------------------------------

860 points

Changes:

Nature Weaver Focus charlevel till 200 I'll try to decrease the regtime from Acute Mind under 25 sec

Capricious Hunter Focus I've a combo Tangled Vine-Darting Assault-Ravaged Impact regtime ~1 sec at Level 90 without this focus

Concentration for the second buff Sinister Predator- only 1 rune we need only the mods(they work with meleeweapons too:

-Eagle Eye - Increases the chance of critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

-Marked Shot - Adds a chance that opponents cannot evade or parry incoming shots. (20% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

-Hunting Focus - Decreases the regeneration time of the aspect Capricious Hunter. (30% + 1.5% per CA level decrease)

Here are two vids:

plat Lvl83

http://de.xfire.com/video/b35fa/

niob level 90

http://de.xfire.com/video/b3d74/

Edited by Chrona
what do u mean, smith to nobi?

u mean shadow warrior to nobi?

should I have a smith in nobi before I do this build?

a smith is helpful for all builds

if you need a niobsmith I can help you

hmm ive eatin some (no more then 10 each thats for sure), is this going to be a problem?

It really helps to only read 1 rune for certain combat arts and use gear mods to increase the ca level. Makes regen times a lot lower.

I like the changes you made Chrona. One question I have though.

Are you sure the Marked Shot mod on SP works with melee?

I started the build with concentration and tested out the mod with sinister predator and my chance to hit did not increase in the last enemy killed tool tip. If it does increase the chance to hit for melee damage I kinda want to change the build.

Edited by Viper007
Are you sure the Marked Shot mod on SP works with melee?

chance to hit without SP level 1 115%

chance to hit with SP level 1 141%

The most important reason for Concentration is Acute Mind. I hope with ~level 140 is regtime=duration

Edited by Chrona

ah that changes a lot and makes me want to remake my dryad lol. I might have to add some changes. Not sure why it wasn't helping my chance to hit when I was first testing....ah well live and learn^^

do you mind if I add your ideas if/when I decide to edit/change the guide? :)

do you mind if I add your ideas if/when I decide to edit/change the guide? :)

I'm glad to help

I'll post a review with level 100- she is now level 65 in plat