Shopping Network - Putting Permanent Bargainers in Place

Hey guys

After seeing the success of Schot's "shopping network" across servers with his Temple Guardian Bargainers/smithers and Viper's Niob shopper with astonishing gear... I thought I'd try and give it a try and commit three of my character slots to uber bargaining/utility.

In the last few weeks, I have come to hate sweating for a Bargaining suit, and want to get the work done once and for all :) With this network in place, I'm hoping that all further characters can just visit the parked bargainer at increasing levels, load up on goodies, and in this way be "relayed" all powered up through the next twenty or thirty levels until they hit the next shopper.

Rinse/repeat.

Great thing about setting up a shopping network is that it frees up a skill choice of all further toons as socketables gear will be provided for them by Bargainers they visit ^^

I'd like to know what you guys think about the optimum levels to set up the network at. I was using a HE level two for setting up all the starter toons, but came to realize that the first few levels happen so quickly and you can miss them if you sneeze. This time I thought I'd start the first bargainer a few levels in which would give it some more "stretch" with what it can buy and give to other toons.

So far my network is:

1. Level 5 HE Bargainer that can go to Gold
  2. Level 34 Temple Guardian Bargainer/Smither that can go to Platinum (Accomplished last night with help of Schot who towed two leeching toons for more than five hours all the way to last boss after which we had to call in reinforcements... thanks Viper and Katran! :unsure:)
  3. Level 73 Seraphim that so far has only Gold access but hopefully with another completed campaign, her reach can be bettered.

Is this spread of the toons okay based on what your "feel" is for equipment in the game right now? Do you have any insight or feedback regarding best levels to set this network up at for each toon?

This is the levels at which characters can use equipment based upon levesl btw. I'm thinking it's best to set up toons at beginning of a level where there is a "jump" in the crease of number of levels they can give useful equipment too:

Sacred 2 usable item levels

Hopefully each of the Bargainers of the different levels will be able to access Niobium Vendors for best possible socketings.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

It sounds like a good idea from the perspective of power leveling characters with awesome gear very fast! Is that the reason for desiring better socketables? And allow more skills for the non utility builds... So I don't think its wrong.

It really depends how each person finds the game fun. Personally I have yet to hit level 35 and I am still exploring the lower levels of the game so I still have a lot to experience. But I can't criticize anyone else for rushing a shopper and then twinking later toons. Everyone should play how they feel comfortable.

That being said if I were partying with guys with twink gear and niob smith arts at level 20 and they kill every monster before I even see them then it wouldn't be fun (for me). But I think you guys have a different mindset...the lower levels have probably gotten boring. And with only gear that drops or personally utility found/shopped indeed you are much more likely to die in the lower levels plus a huge grind if you play safe.

For my own endevours I find value in what I am doing and I am still pushing the boundaries of how to survive in the lower levels......so far I feel I can handle kobolds in silver provided I have constitution and spacebar hehehe :unsure:

• Like! 1

Sounds like a really good idea. A level 5 gold shopper can shop up to level 7 gear, which with niobium runes may well last till level 30 without a problem :)

I also have a level 75 BFG-shopper seraphim, but she's yet to get her shopper gear (gotta transfer some cash from the SW someday). I can get her to help in the campaign if you need it :) Sadly, the Buffer SW is very bad vs. bosses so not much help from him there :unsure:

What about levels for this network Dobri... got any ideas for best possible placement for best yield? I'm trying to get most amount of levels per bargainer without having to invest more than three of my slots. Hopefully this will increase yield for the shopping.

Level 5 HE can get level 8...but level 8 can get level twelve gear which is an extra level...ahh, so many choices!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. Stubbie, your point about HC exploits is certainly a meaty subject. Perhaps we should start off another topic for it? I can see that one getting lots of posts, and I want to organize in this thread good strategies for shoping ^^

Hmm... I think something like:

level 5 gold - can get a toon up to 30 with niob smith arts no problems

level 30-33 silver - can shop +2 all skills

level 50-55 silver - can shop +3 all skills

level 70-75 gold - can shop +4-5 all skills (more in plat or niobium)

The rest is up to everyone's own preferences :4rofl: 75-100 can be done without problems with niob arts and +5 all skills. Heck, I'm 122 with +5 all skills... Kat is even higher with +5 all skills... But I guess the close combat or ranged chars may need a plat shopper around level 100. Then a good level is about 125-130, and then a 140 niob shopper. That would cover pretty much everything D.a.r.k clan has in terms of players and levels.

Edited by Dobri
... (gotta transfer some cash from the SW someday). ...

How do you "transfer cash"? From my admitedly limited understanding of the game, I didn't think gold was directly transferrable from one character to another.

Get someone else to hold the funds for you ...

So we can give gold to other players but not to our own shared stash. Interesting.

In my opinion I'd say go with:

level 5

level 35

level 65-75

level 100-125

all in niob of course :Just_Cuz_21:

I agree.

Those are simply the levels you'll be needing new equipment... Nomatter what. Atleast from my experiences

Hi,

tell me if I can help you with my toons:

- level 5 Niob Dryad Bargaining 31

- level 140 seraphim Bargaining 620

- level 140 Inquisitor Bargaining 582 / smith 540

- level 152 Dryad Bargaining ~600

My shopper/smith is also in plat.

Inquisitor Mace Platinum Hammer level 106.

Ordal have a mission for you, can you find me some rings level 150-160 with +10-12 all skills and Opponent level for deathblow +X% bonuses with your dryad level 152?

My Inquisitor is still too low to shop good niob items for my Shadow warrior. My Colonel is full of cash so ask me if you need some.

Thanks.

I don't know if it's the right place to ask that, feel free to moved my post :blush:

Greetings,

Stéphane.

• Like! 1
My shopper/smith is also in plat.

Inquisitor Mace Platinum Hammer level 106.

Ordal have a mission for you, can you find me some rings level 150-160 with +10-12 all skills and Opponent level for deathblow +X% bonuses with your dryad level 152?

My Inquisitor is still too low to shop good niob items for my Shadow warrior. My Colonel is full of cash so ask me if you need some.

Thanks.

I don't know if it's the right place to ask that, feel free to moved my post :blush:

Greetings,

Stéphane.

sure Colo :) I'll do this tonight

don't need money...have nearly 8 billion....on my toons....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for advice on the levels.

My Shopping Network is in place and getting nicely set up :D

no more need for bargaining, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And big thanks Knuckles...you made this happen with the sick, fast Niob runs.

You gave two of my shopper's niob capacity.

One extra free skill choice per new created toon now

Woot

:P

gogo

Ordal It's me again :viking:, can you try to find some items like that :

rings :

• +xx to All skills + attack value +xx%
  • +xx to All skills + deathblow xx%
  • +xx to All skills + damage xx-xx

• +xx to All skills + Crit chance +x.x%
  • damage xx-xx + attack value +xx% (don't know if this one even exist ^^)

Amulets

• +xx to all skills + spell resistance +xx%

They are hard to find, but mine are old (level 150+)

Around level 200 is ok, I can wear items level 220.

Thanks mate and good luck! :)

Ordal It's me again :), can you try to find some items like that :

rings :

• +xx to All skills + damage xx-xx

• damage xx-xx + attack value +xx% (don't know if this one even exist ^^)

Amulets

• +xx to all skills + spell resistance +xx%

They are hard to find, but mine are old (level 150+)

Around level 200 is ok, I can wear items level 220.

Thanks mate and good luck! :4rofl:

I'll try it today- done :woot:

Edited by Chrona
I'll try it today- done :)

Awesome items Chrona! Thanks again. :pirate:

I have 88k in life and 4k/s in health regen now, I think I will have more than 100k at the level 200 (174 at the moment).

I'll try it today- done :)

Awesome items Chrona! Thanks again. :pirate:

I have 88k in life and 4k/s in health regen now, I think I will have more than 100k at the level 200 (174 at the moment).

How the crap did you get up to 88k life?! I just hit 2000 life at level 35... jeeze. ;)

• 1 month later...

Since the new 2.43 messed up my rings, I need you for another shopping spree.

rings :

• +xx to all skills + Chance to evade: +xx%
  • damage xx-xx + attack value +xx%

If you have the time ^^thanks!

For the same reason as steph is having. I'm too looking to replace the rings that 2.43 messed up.

+all skills / xx-xx damage (3)

+all skills / X all combat arts (1-2)

+xx-xx damage / %deathblow (2)

would be nice with rings around 170-205

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Putrescine