Shopping Network - Putting Permanent Bargainers in Place

Hi guys,

new here. question is does merchants sell 3-4 star items in plat. niob.?

how does barg. mastery affects the quest rewards? Is there any written game value(like bonus skill) or you wait to get better?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm lookin for a level 100 niobshopper

Need some rings/ammy:

-20x all ca

-all skills/defense skills

-all skills/chance to evade

-all skills/chance to find valuables

ty :D

Chrona

Can a shopping network be setup in SP? If yes, what are recommended levels/difficulties?

I don't understand how you could get a lvl5 character in gold let alone niob but maybe its possible with multiplayer only by grouping or something...

We should have a thread for collecting references to easy-to-level bargaining builds exclusively for this purpose.

I suppose a shopping network could in theory be set up in Single Player however for the most part it works best online.

This is because online you can have someone else beat the campaign for you while you remain at low levels and thus allow you to shop in difficulties higher than you would reach alone.

In theory it doesn't even need to end up killing anything since you can get another character to get it all the experience it needs.

I see, its mostly a multiplayer thing. In single player you could setup shoppers at different levels but they would need to be at difficulties they can reach alone. The idea to setup a thread for character builds with bargaining that are quick to level up for the purpose of creating shopping networks or other would still be very helpful I think, or we could just do it here but maybe that would be off topic.

Edit: By the way, are all the characters in your bagaining network the same class/is it necessary? I notice that you tend to shop lots of items for your own class and few items for other classes.

Edited by ka243
  • 7 months later...

I would like to play some HC characters eventually but I am working first on a few bargainers and a blacksmith..

2 (to start out good)

40 (to buy some xp jewels to go with the niob smith arts)

75 (good break point = mastery)

But from that point on I am not sure how many bargainers I need. I will probably try to beat niob with a HC character. And then maybe try to get to 200 with a HC character? Probably lots will die :) So do you think I need a 100 and 125? Or just a 110?

Opinions on bargaining in general is welcome (is it worthwhile etc) but please don't restrict someone from posting more specific information on what levels to have.

Bargaining is my favorite skill in the entire game. If you get you character level to 100ish you should be able to get 175++ bargaining if you socket you items with +skills jewlery. You will notice a massive increase in the quality of wares in a shop at that level.

I would like to play some HC characters eventually but I am working first on a few bargainers and a blacksmith..

2 (to start out good)

40 (to buy some xp jewels to go with the niob smith arts)

75 (good break point = mastery)

But from that point on I am not sure how many bargainers I need. I will probably try to beat niob with a HC character. And then maybe try to get to 200 with a HC character? Probably lots will die :P So do you think I need a 100 and 125? Or just a 110?

Opinions on bargaining in general is welcome (is it worthwhile etc) but please don't restrict someone from posting more specific information on what levels to have.

Claudius Hi

Merged your topic with another one we had running regarding optimum levels of a trading network . Interesting topic, I was, as well, always curious about the best "spread" for a network.

;)

gogo

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love how this community supports itself without regard to one's self sustainability! The mechanics found here at the DarkMatters are truely unique.

I would love to see more detailed information within this topic about optimal bargaining/smith builds as I am still very green and having a hard time "sifting" through all this priceless information!

My hat is off to the Dark crew. Your grasp on the ingame mechanics/functionality is mindblowing. The time committed and attention to detail is, well...phenominal!

To quote a few other replies. I am still very confused about a certain aspect of the game. I like to run with Seraphims. Within the shopping network, say you wanted to create a SW. But, all shoppers are created say as HE? Just an example! How does 1 shop for SW gear if the supporting cast are HE? I have done alittle testing on this and would venture to say 99% of the gear offered at the NPC are character related.

On the same topic but different aspect. If you truely build a shopping/smith network. Would the level spread really need to be so tight? Example: level 15 sets socketed with niob bs arts. This set would actually last much longer in the game just based on the fact it has niob bs arts? This set really should be able to last until level 60? Rinse & Repeat? I agree with gogo. I would not want to committ more then 3 char slots for the network as I already have noticed I tend to need a certain variety to choose from depending on my mood at the time. ie: melee or caster playstyle based on mood atm.

Ahh so many questions still...very interesting game...head begining to hurt...

I remain, Etherian

I absolutely love how this community supports itself without regard to one's self sustainability! The mechanics found here at the DarkMatters are truely unique.

I would love to see more detailed information within this topic about optimal bargaining/smith builds as I am still very green and having a hard time "sifting" through all this priceless information!

My hat is off to the Dark crew. Your grasp on the ingame mechanics/functionality is mindblowing. The time committed and attention to detail is, well...phenominal!

To quote a few other replies. I am still very confused about a certain aspect of the game. I like to run with Seraphims. Within the shopping network, say you wanted to create a SW. But, all shoppers are created say as HE? Just an example! How does 1 shop for SW gear if the supporting cast are HE? I have done alittle testing on this and would venture to say 99% of the gear offered at the NPC are character related.

On the same topic but different aspect. If you truely build a shopping/smith network. Would the level spread really need to be so tight? Example: level 15 sets socketed with niob bs arts. This set would actually last much longer in the game just based on the fact it has niob bs arts? This set really should be able to last until level 60? Rinse & Repeat? I agree with gogo. I would not want to committ more then 3 char slots for the network as I already have noticed I tend to need a certain variety to choose from depending on my mood at the time. ie: melee or caster playstyle based on mood atm.

Ahh so many questions still...very interesting game...head begining to hurt...

I remain, Etherian

Glad to see your question Etherian.

As a rule a bargainer usually finds most of the offerings in a merchant for the same class. However with patience you can find random offerings for other classes. the SW is at a disadvantage here as he cannot have bargaining. Most peeps will just pick a Temple Guardian or seraphim for Bargaining as they level fast, are safe with warding energy shields etc.

as for how many traders and at what levels you pick them will depend on your objectives.

a level 2-8 for the first one is essential for getting started with socket-able gear.

Some players like to keep there gear up to date more frequently than others. but I usually don't invest a ton of time in shopping until after level 45

So perhaps a 5, 50, 100 would work for you although the gap between 50 and 100 is a stretch.

Currently I've level 2 silver DM, level 20 niob TG, level 66 niob dryad, level 120 niob HE and level 200 niob TG.

Just an example! How does 1 shop for SW gear if the supporting cast are HE? I have done alittle testing on this and would venture to say 99% of the gear offered at the NPC are character related.

NPC Smithers and merchant offer me some good gear for the others chars too, it's not only char-related. (I'll say 80% char-related gear and 20% non-char-related gear) :)

BTW, For your example, SWs can't shop themselves, they've no access to bargaining. ^^

Hem, Loco was faster. :)

Edited by Woody

In addition to what the others have posted, as you level up you usually have all the gear you want to wear in set items and most of what you shop for is just rings and amulets to socket into them. There are times however when sets just do measure up...then you have to spend a while finding that awesome piece of gear. Things like blowpipes are damn tough to find without shopping with a dryad though...

• 13 years later...