BFG boosting skills?

Devotee

Well, what's really up is that my BFG gets boosted when I Equip +all skills, even tho none of the skills states that it should boost it, and its the only Combat art that gets boosted.

Im not saying this is something wrong, its really incredible...

But still would like to know if anyone know which particular skill boosts BFG, cause then I might be able to boost it in other ways too:)

To make things clear, its the level/rank of BFG that gets higher, and not only the damage.

I do know that Tactics Lore boosts its damage, but this is as said the level that gets higher.

Edit:

Hopefully made the question more clear.

Edited by Devotee

Revered Tech Focus -> CA level (& CA regen malus reduction)

Tactics Lore -> damage & % crit

Ranged Weapons -> attack (chance to hit) & rate of fire

Damage Lore -> chance to freeze

I've not checked, but Combat Discipline shouldn't affect BFG, since Combat Discipline increases the non-weapon part of a CAs damage & "all" BFG does is summon a BFG-weapon. CD would increase the "bonus" damage you get from Pelting Strikes, Soul Hammer & Assailing Somersault.

Looks like you were seeing the effect of +all skills on your Revered Tech Focus skill, increasing the level of your BFG buff.

It does sound like you're at the max possible level of BFG, thus when you increase your Revered Technology Focus you raise that cap, which raises your BFG level to as high as it can currently reach.

Revered Tech Focus -> CA level (& CA regen malus reduction)

Tactics Lore -> damage & % crit

Ranged Weapons -> attack (chance to hit) & rate of fire

Damage Lore -> chance to freeze

I've not checked, but Combat Discipline shouldn't affect BFG, since Combat Discipline increases the non-weapon part of a CAs damage & "all" BFG does is summon a BFG-weapon. CD would increase the "bonus" damage you get from Pelting Strikes, Soul Hammer & Assailing Somersault.

Looks like you were seeing the effect of +all skills on your Revered Tech Focus skill, increasing the level of your BFG buff.

Doesnt Revered Tech Focus --> CA max level + -regen?

Or does it increase the levels too? =/ im confused. :)

It does sound like you're at the max possible level of BFG, thus when you increase your Revered Technology Focus you raise that cap, which raises your BFG level to as high as it can currently reach.

That cant be the problem/solution, cause when I read more runes for BFG it does increase, and do skills really got a level cap?

If you look under Revered Tech Focus you will see both "-Regen XX.X%" and "Max Level without Penalty YY". The second is the CA cap, if you try to go higher than that level each rune will only give you 0.X rather than a full +1 level. (So you'll end up at say 33.4 rather than 40).

So if you're at the point where you have a XX.X level of BFG, any +Skills will increase the Max Level value (even if you don't see the increase on the tooltip), and thus your max level will increase.

If you look under Revered Tech Focus you will see both "-Regen XX.X%" and "Max Level without Penalty YY". The second is the CA cap, if you try to go higher than that level each rune will only give you 0.X rather than a full +1 level. (So you'll end up at say 33.4 rather than 40).

So if you're at the point where you have a XX.X level of BFG, any +Skills will increase the Max Level value (even if you don't see the increase on the tooltip), and thus your max level will increase.

Aah, lol I even knew that and still didnt realize how simple the solution could be :blush:

Thanks for quick reply tho :)

And on a sidenote, what would be to prefer in skill choices from now on?

This is what I got atm:

Ranged Weapon

Concentration

Tactics Lore

Enhanced Perception

Bargaining

Revered Tech Focus

Armor Lore

I assume that you do need constitution, but after that im kinda stuck, I've no idea what to go for as 2 last choices.