Putrescine's Hybrid Dryad build

I like it. Great mass killing, fast exping build. I'd love to give it a try :blush: I just wonder - what is the meaning of nature lore (since I'm a complete noob with the dryad)? Does it affect GGT, Bark or Vines?

Increases the Phys & Poison resist of Ancient Bark by the %damage the lore gives

Also increases Healing from Bark and Goldenglade Touch.

Meaning you can easily have 50k armor at level 77 (to take my current dryad as an example)

Compared to my previous version who has 70k armor at level 142.

Thanks for the reply, Put :blush:

I've been pondering about making a dryad someday (the only char I haven't played at all), so I may as well take your guide as an example, since it looks like a really solid build :) Thanks for taking the time to share your findings with the community - and me as a part of it :)

• Like! 1

Detailed, and well-written. You've finally outed the ranged dryad's super powers... only took you half a year :blush:

This is probably the best/first ranged dryad guide I've yet to read on our favorite little girl, and you did a great job of summing up in easy steps what a player has to put together to create a no-nonsense uberpowered killer that can level any field in the game quickly, at almost no real danger to the Dryad.

I can see how both of the mods regarding direction of firing can help...if someone's just clearing screens while walking across them, then forward firing works great. And if someone is wanting to create mobbing to increase the rate of drops, then mobbing becomes important, and having the darts fly out from all sides helps with the kill speed instead of spinning her around.

The ranged Dryad is a great first build for anyone wanting to see what the game has to offer for action and fast killing speed... my only addition...

Life Leech looks beautiful on this build.

Good work, here Put!

:)

gogo

Great build and write up put!

TreeHugger1.0 was the exact same except she used ancient magic instead of combat discipline. Very fast killing with da+ri combo. This is very solid and fun dryad to play in HC. :blush:

Now this is an interesting debate over what to pick... CD or Ancient magic :blush:

Very interesting. :)

Put are you able to 1 shot bosses with acute mind + vines/thorns?

If so the regen from CD would probably be better than the extra power from AM.

Q: Why take Nature Weaver Lore in a Hunter/self healing build?

A: Because the +damage you get from Nature Weaver Lore actually acts as if it were a bonus, rather than damage.

giving you plus to the armor and healing on Ancient Bark and a bonus to the healing on Goldenglade Touch

This is the more interest part I was aware of ... :blush: I am at level 45 so I might took the lore,

but for now, I use the Tangled Vine alone and Goldenglade Touch (in a combo after Forest Flight)

and are only boosted by runes.

Edited by Spyrus

I have another question, designed to clear things up about the dryad in my head before I finally start one.

I didn't see acute mind. Does acute mind boost the Combat Arts from the Hunter aspect or just the ones from voodoo/nature? It boosts intelligence, which means spell intensity and spell damage, but I'm not sure whether the offensive Combat Arts Hunter aspect count as spells :blush:

I've not added Acute Mind into this build because I do not see the need for it.

Seeing as it boosts intelligence.. it will only increase the damage of the Nature and Voodoo aspects.

And neither of them is our primary offense aspects.

The only thing I see it being usefull for here is the decrease in regen times. but that is not a problem at all with this girl.

You'd might get a use for it if you accendently read too many runes in either Vines or Goldenglade Touch tho.

And there, 1 cast should do as not even the last guardian lasted more than 7 seconds with 4 people on the server

Edited by Putrescine
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually buy all mine with a high leveled bargainer. If you're starting at first level, create a level two he and then spec it with full Bargaining plus Relics with bargaining on it. With just six bargaining points that HE will be able to buy Rare blowpipes in the store. You can get a blowpipe with two sockets PLUS Death blow ^^

Or just go to the jungle... I've found the jungle to have pretty decent chance of dropping pipes from the amazons there.

:unsure:

gogo

You have to make another toon, and then use shared stash to have that other toon which would be a bargainer give the stuff to which ever toon needs items.

gogo

You have to make another toon, and then use shared stash to have that other toon which would be a bargainer give the stuff to which ever toon needs items.

gogo

Are the chests in towns shared between toons:)

in your "Heroes Chest" which is the same thing as we PC gamers call "Shared Chest"

There's suposed to be 2 pages of items. One which is shared, and one which is personal.