Putrescine's Hybrid Dryad build

hi im very new to the game and just want to know the values you have put in Vit and Dex are they final values or how points you put into that attribute ?

Wouldn't Range weapon MASTERY (meaning 75 points) be a must for this build as well?

hi im very new to the game and just want to know the values you have put in Vit and Dex are they final values or how points you put into that attribute ?

Wouldn't Range weapon MASTERY (meaning 75 points) be a must for this build as well?

Actually no, as the Weapon bonuses are from ranged mastery are weak in comparison with what those skill points could to in another skill such as tactics lore hunter,focus, combat discipline, nature lore, for example. save your skill points. and in the case of a shopper dryad, I choose not to take ranged weapon at all. SP buff adds all the weapon only attack speed you need, and chance to hit. and the execution speed that Ranged would have added is hardly missed. Since Blowpipe with great stats don't exactly overwelm your backpack. the level of weapon without penalty isn't really an issue either.

I decided to go 100% Dexterity and haven't died a single time and I did not have awesome gear from a higher character to start with. I have had a couple of REALLY close calls however. Not sure more VIT would help me really because all my close calls happen because I take MASSIVE damage REALLY fast before I really know what is going on.... Not sure that HP/Regen really does much in this case either. I know Dex helps my damage which kills people who kill me sooner, dex helps my ability to hit them and dex helps my ability to not take huge damage (I think).

Dexterity boosts up a decent amount of Defense so you have smaller chance of getting hit.

yeah, that is what I figured.. however, my close calls all come when I am pushing on and fighting monsters much higher level then myself.... not sure how skewed all the % chance to hits get when this happens. my guess is that armor and defense get tossed out when you are taking on guys much higher level then yourself but that is just a guess based on how often I get hit vs the big bosses when running the main quest.

Using Tangled Vines could be a great Combat Art to use then as you can root them in place and just shot them without them coming close, and also Dust Devil can be great to have on when they are close as that increases your chance to evade their attacks.

And don't forget about Goldenglade Touch, when I have that on I have 2.5K HP regen per sec.

Dexterity boosts up a decent amount of Defense so you have smaller chance of getting hit.

yeah, that is what I figured.. however, my close calls all come when I am pushing on and fighting monsters much higher level then myself.... not sure how skewed all the % chance to hits get when this happens. my guess is that armor and defense get tossed out when you are taking on guys much higher level then yourself but that is just a guess based on how often I get hit vs the big bosses when running the main quest.

Hey Keyzer!

(nice nice btw...aweosme movie)

Your CTH you can see live... just open it up and you will see what your CTH is automatically as you are fighting monsters. I use this a lot because I like to have the bare minimum of CTH needed to just make the one hundred percent mark on hitting things, and have all the rest for damage.

Yum

I just quickly saw all your latest posts about the funness of Dryad.

Ascaron made a very very beautiful class with her, no wasted Combat Art`s and devilish in the jungle.

Have fun and btw welcome to Darkmatters

:P

gogo

Just as you increase your armor and attack/defense at you level, so do the monsters. So as you take on higher and higher levels of monsters your defense and armor have to grow also. It keeps the game from getting easy at high levels. the challenges get greater with plat, niob too. Niob is no joke when it comes to chance to hit and defense.

Hey Keyzer!

(nice nice btw...aweosme movie)

Your CTH you can see live... just open it up and you will see what your CTH is automatically as you are fighting monsters. I use this a lot because I like to have the bare minimum of CTH needed to just make the one hundred percent mark on hitting things, and have all the rest for damage.

Yum

I just quickly saw all your latest posts about the funness of Dryad.

Ascaron made a very very beautiful class with her, no wasted Combat Art`s and devilish in the jungle.

Have fun and btw welcome to Darkmatters

:)

gogo

Looked at this the other day and I was around 50% for my dryad..... So does that stink or what?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing this build for a few days now and it's level 50 at the moment, I changed out Combat Discipline for EP and I'm going to master that fairly early on I think, like the fourth skill. Now I'm wondering, which is better out of Combat Discipline and Nature Weaver Focus? One would make me a better tank, but the other would make me do more damage.

also, what exactly do 'Damage x-x' rings/amulets actually do? I see them mentioned on a few weapon builds and want to know whats so special about them.

I have been playing this build for a few days now and it's level 50 at the moment, I changed out Combat Discipline for EP and I'm going to master that fairly early on I think, like the fourth skill. Now I'm wondering, which is better out of Combat Discipline and Nature Weaver Focus? One would make me a better tank, but the other would make me do more damage.

also, what exactly do 'Damage x-x' rings/amulets actually do? I see them mentioned on a few weapon builds and want to know whats so special about them.

I would take the Nature focus. you will need to be able to mod Ancient Bark and it a major part of the build.

Damage XX-XX add to base damage. if you have a Blow pipe that does 100-120 damage. a Damage 12-12 would be like having a blow pipe that does 112-132. at low level when Combat Art levels are still at 1, it wont make a huge difference. but later after level 100, when hopefully you at taking advantage of RPH and have higher Combat Art levels . Damage 33-33 rings that you can find at that level will make your damage go way up. especially if you socket multiples.

I would take the Nature focus. you will need to be able to mod Ancient Bark and it a major part of the build.

Damage XX-XX add to base damage. if you have a Blow pipe that does 100-120 damage. a Damage 12-12 would be like having a blow pipe that does 112-132. at low level when Combat Art levels are still at 1, it wont make a huge difference. but later after level 100, when hopefully you at taking advantage of RPH and have higher Combat Art levels . Damage 33-33 rings that you can find at that level will make your damage go way up. especially if you socket multiples.

I already have Nature weaver focus (in my original post I meant lore :) ) This is why I was asking, do I really need both NW skills or could I sub out the lore at level 65, or does Com Disc give more bonuses. I already have ABark and GGT fully modded (tbh GGT isn't ever needed)

I had a feeling thats what the Damage rings did but wasn't quite sure because I would have thought the damage +xx% would have been better, as it is right now I'm just filling my armor with +all skills, and my Kybele's bow with +X% experience, shame thats level 34 though =/ Nearly done the gold mode story quests so I'll have maybe a level 60 one soon. =D :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm (I know this is an old thread but)

I went like this since I screwed up with speed lore on accident...

1. Concentration

2. ranged weps

3. tactics lore

4. speed lore

5. nature focus

6. other focus (forgot name)

7. armor lore

8. constituion

9. perception

10. combat disipline

(Srry for the typo's too lazy to check the right corrections.

There are other ways to increase hit rate without spending points into Ranged Weapons nor Dexterity, grab some anti evasion gear like "opponents chance to evade" or "chance that opponents cannot evade attacks".

Or maybe mix in some -XX%opponents defense value could help out, but you will see bigger numbers from the two I mentioned above.

also if you chose the

Silver - Marked Shot - Adds a chance that opponents cannot evade or parry incoming shots. (20% + 0.1% per Combat Art level chance)

mod on sinister predator then pumping that would increase hit chance. also pumping SP as high as you can (until your regens begin to hurt) would passively increase you chance to hit by giving you a faster fire rate, which means more chances to hit :(

Yeah I just made a new char, but I still added to ranged cuz on my seraphim level 40 (On PS3 console) It happends alot that I miss 5x or more times in a row, I don't know if it's just a bug or because of my hit rate etc etc. anyways here's my new build

1. Concentration

2. ranged weps

3. tactics lore.

4. capri focus

5. the other focus :)

6. the other focus lore

7. combat disicpline

8. combat reflexes

9. armor lore

10. constitution

I know I choose armor lore a bit late but I've seen gogoblender doing a dryad to level 100 on some other guide (It was defless)

Oh and since my ranged is level 10 now, and I NEVER miss anymore (Ye I modded marked shot) should I stop putting points in there?

About the first mod of sinister predator

- More crit chance

- Faster ranged weapons attack

It doesn't say any % so how did u know to pick that one? (The crit chance, I took it too)

========================================================

ATTENTION: Why do I have to pick 5 more runes read at SP then AB

I'm level 18 with 11 runes on sinister and 6 on AB.

Edited by Johansen
  • 3 weeks later...

I play now with this build. I like it :P But I have changed here and there a bit and not that I copy the build exactly. Next to vitaly and especially dexterity I also spend some into stamina. Why? Because if you start eating runes for Ancient Bark and sinister predator the regentime increase and I use Darting Assault alot. I've also socketed moribund animus into a piece of armor, because that one has a life leech per hit as side effect. I don't use the animus. Life leech works great on enemies, combined with Darting Assault you got the enemies quick down.

And that Ancient Bark works fantastic. My dryad doesn't get a scratch, even if she is attacked by a group of kobolds combined with boars. I use 3 fire relics for fire resistance.

My main weapon is a blowpipe, enhanced with a poison fang. Next to that I have 2 bows, one with magic and one with fire damage, and a throwing star, with ice damage.

I also use some unique rings, like Bar'Tender ring. I'm level 21 at the moment.

Edited by candesco
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm new to the forums, and Sacred 2. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed useful information regarding this build. I think this thread will be getting a lot more hits now that Gamestop has listed Sacred 2 (console) for $19.99 during the Gamedays sale. I'm level 40 with horrible gear, but am having a blast with this build. It's lonely on the ps3 version :yay:

Hey, I'm new to the forums, and Sacred 2. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed useful information regarding this build. I think this thread will be getting a lot more hits now that Gamestop has listed Sacred 2 (console) for $19.99 during the Gamedays sale. I'm level 40 with horrible gear, but am having a blast with this build. It's lonely on the ps3 version :evil:

From the # of new PS3 memebers here at Dark Matters, and the sale you say is on, maybe you'll see an influx of new players! :o

Hey, I'm new to the forums, and Sacred 2. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed useful information regarding this build. I think this thread will be getting a lot more hits now that Gamestop has listed Sacred 2 (console) for $19.99 during the Gamedays sale. I'm level 40 with horrible gear, but am having a blast with this build. It's lonely on the ps3 version :evil:

Thanks for that awesome post Tim!

More players...bring 'em on. There's lots of cool mysteries in this game still uncovered and we need lots more heads to help us out.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

;)

gogo

p.s. BTW... guess who I just saw in the servers a few minutes ago... P u t r e s c I n e! He's alive... he's alive... :o

Thanks for the welcome guys! If you ever look back over this thread, thanks for the great guide Putrescine! I think I screwed it up, but I'm having a great time.

How does one best increase chance to hit? I'm level 63, and I've noticed that towards the end of gold/early platinum, my chance to hit for regular enemies is usually around 55%. This seems incredibly low to me. I think this build relies heavily on speed, and at 130% attack speed, it does help. Maybe it's normal, but it makes for some scary boss fights when I miss every attack between goldenglade touch recasts.

Edited by TimRobbins