Putrescine's Hybrid Dryad build

nholm - If you've followed Put's build then you already have Nature Weaver Lore and Focus at quite high levels so could give it a try, in reality it's quite slow to kill in comparison to Capricious Hunter the vines don't target enough monsters to be a good Area of Effect spell. I like using it with either Voodoo class - Viperish disease/Moribund Animus or as a suport skill for my capricious hunter build.

As for Enhanced Perception - I took it, just couldn't resist it currently level 108 in platinum and still have 2 skills to take out of Constitution, Nature Weaver Lore and Combat Discipline --- right now nothing is even remotely touching me with my bark so high so my theory/hope is that I can forget constituition in favour of Nature Lore to boost hitpoint regen of bark and combat discipline for some extra damage.

Choices Choices :yay: it is a great build though

I have to say that this build has hooked me on Dryads..I love this build

hi necole!

This is great to hear. I used to play with in the old days when the game first came out...he's still around some times and has come up with some pretty phenomenal builds.

:blush:

gogo

I've been working on this build for the last few days and all I can say is WOW! She is killing 90% of the enemies before they even make it on to the screen. I find myself watching the minimap for red markers, press A (Xbox), and watch them disappear. Even if the mob manages to get a few through, you can just use Forest Flight (I think that is what it is called) and move away while they stay put. Awesome built Put! I feel like I'm taking a machine gun to a knife fight.

nholm - If you've followed Put's build then you already have Nature Weaver Lore and Focus at quite high levels so could give it a try, in reality it's quite slow to kill in comparison to Capricious Hunter the vines don't target enough monsters to be a good Area of Effect spell. I like using it with either Voodoo class - Viperish disease/Moribund Animus or as a suport skill for my capricious hunter build.

As for Enhanced Perception - I took it, just couldn't resist it currently level 108 in platinum and still have 2 skills to take out of Constitution, Nature Weaver Lore and Combat Discipline --- right now nothing is even remotely touching me with my bark so high so my theory/hope is that I can forget constituition in favour of Nature Lore to boost hitpoint regen of bark and combat discipline for some extra damage.

Choices Choices :P it is a great build though

I see I was playing with just the Nature Weaver as main killer and noticed that it was really slow and like you said the Area of Effect was not so great..might just try to turn it around to a Voodoo/nature. I think I might cut constitution for EP lol..cant help it..just love the chance to find / xp bonus

Yeah I'm an EP Addict too - had to create 2 extra xbox silver accounts to store all the damn stuff and finding anything again takes an age! There's some good builds on the forum I have a version of the Poison Ivy build that Purple Lizard posted at around level 105 in niob and it's awesome love the viper disease to level up

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE THIS BUILD..totally 100% a bada@@ build. I can kill everything without to much worry at all..just finish the Guardians ..even though bronze.. she kicked their butts..Never played the game all the way through so stuck with bronze till the end..Anyways..I can honestly say the Ranged Dryad is my new favorite build. Thanks sooo much for sharing this build.

• 3 months later...

I'm using this build for my first Dryad and second character. It's going really well atm, been playing for 9 hours and I'm level 20. I will admit I got very confused by what order I should add points to skills and such. But after deliberating for a while I went with whatever seemed like it would come in handy at the time. Now Xana is developing into quite a beast having beaten the Gar'Collosus & Octogalomus without having to use many potions, although with the Oct I found that tangled vines did next to nothing. Still I'm thoroughly enjoying blowpiping & Longbowing my way through bronze atm.

If anybody has any advice on when to take on silver, levelwise, as a beginner I'd be very appreciative.

Thank you for this build, it's helping me understand the game more. :)

• 2 months later...

is there anyway to work EP into this build?

You can remove combat discipline and plug EP in there without much worry. The guide only lists 2 CA combos, and all the other skills serve particular purposes.

thanks, im not totally sure removing some of my damage is what I want to do, but your right its looking like the best option if I want EP.

My initial response was a little off-the-cuff, only peeking at the build.

After a full read, I think that CD would be your best choice. You are primarily a ranged attacker, and CD adds very little damage to weapon-based combat arts.

However, if you think you can afford to drop a defensive skill, then Nature Weaver Lore or Constitution or Armour Lore would make for a build that will keep you on your toes! Dropping NW Lore will make your Bark and GGT weaker; Dropping Constitution will give you a smaller HP-pool (possibly leaving you open to a one-shot kill), and dropping Armour Lore will give you move speed penalties for wearing higher-level armour, as well as increasing your combat art regeneration times and lowering your armour value.

Thanks for your thorough responce. I ran a test of this build and the biggest problem I seem to have was not enough damage, but maybe with items and more points in tactics lore I can fix that. I might concidering giving up Constituition and adding vit, but I really wanted to be all dex based.

I'd probably tend to agree with ess. Your best skill to drop would be CD. It only boosts a small portion of the damage in Combat Arts, meaning unless you have uber high level Combat Arts it's not very effective. Especially when you will likely have low level Combat Arts to lower regen. Damage will definitely be fine later in game, high attack speed, constant DA =awesome :)

• 5 months later...

I'm somewhat following this build, except I've taken bargaining and enhanced perception early on.... as a result

I have to drop 2of these skills:

Armor Lore 75

- Constitution 75

- Combat Discipline 75

- Nature Weaver Lore 75

I'm thinking I should prolly take constitution for sure then I can take EITHER armor lore, OR combat discipline OR nature weaver's lore... any advice on which is best to take?

I've already taken my first 8 skills so it's just a matter of picking my last 2... I'm almost certainly going to take constitution as my 9th skill... but I suppose maybe armor lore is better than constitution? I am not sure... any advice on the matter?

• 7 months later...
- Dust Devil "This is what we'll use in area's with alot of mages, or against spellcasting bosses" Read all you want later on

- Forest Flight. "This is our shortcut friend. Roots nearby enemies" here you can read all you want later on

I know this thread is old but I am working on the build on the PS3 console right now and loving it. Can anybody please elaborate the bold underline for the following 2 skills I listed above? What level is "later on"? Can I read an unlimited amount or do I have a "X seconds" goal?

---TD

• 3 years later...

After you get capricious hunter focus mastery (level 75 earliest), you can eat runes to the certain amount of reg time you are comfortable with.

Mine is level 105 with dust devil at level 30 ish.

If you have a correct upgrade your aim would be a chain castable.since adding level to the skill will add duration to match skill regen.

• Like! 1

After you get capricious hunter focus mastery (level 75 earliest), you can eat runes to the certain amount of reg time you are comfortable with.

Mine is level 105 with dust devil at level 30 ish.

If you have a correct upgrade your aim would be a chain castable.since adding level to the skill will add duration to match skill regen.

Thanks for the post and info Sondi

And welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo