Voodoo Dryad - Moribund Animus - Shrunken Heads

gogoblender

There is a trick you can use here. Raise the best fighting monster you can... then AFTER it`s rasied...switch the head...you will retain the original monster and then get all the benefits of a socketed head being used to mod your voodoo CA`s:

Totem, Torment, Viperish...

• 4 weeks later...

Animus: I think there is nothing for the damage but number of runes and type of head (monstertype and colour), but vodoo lore seems to give better armour.

As all my characters my dryad is a weird build:

vodoo lore, tactics, vodoo focus, concentration, shield, armour, alchemy, nature focus, nature lore and ancient magic

I can play nature caster, totem, summoner, ranged (shuriken), int boosted staff and shield, kungfu and some more with it. I sadly have not that much time to play anymore, so this jack (Joanne) of all trades allows me to test different dryad builds in a single character and follow the discussions in the forum. Its not the best in any of the disciplines, but very close to. I put all in vitality because I had to sacrifice constitution for more versatility. But by doing shield and not reflexes and sticking to one weapon I got a better defense than the normal reflexes and double wielding builds. For each of the different playstyles I have another combination of items.

The start of the character was with socketing vodoo runes for life leech, using shurikens and a shield, while totem and animus did the damage. I never took anything from the common chest ( means no use of my bargainers and smith). It is fun to play. I don't like unskilled characters, I prefer such universal builds to test stuff and then when I know how to start the character and how to play it I do a specialized ones- if I have the time :o

Edited by chattius
  • 11 years later...
On 4/30/2009 at 7:15 PM, Stéphane said:

My guess is : better heads level = Better bonus on it, that's all :)

The head level doesn’t matter on the power of the animus..... the head level matters because it comes with better stats to boost your character.  A head found in bronze vs a head in Niob are the same animus and level depending on the Combat Art Level and Cabalistic Voodoo Focus level.... only difference is the stats and skills on the heads...... 

on the other hand I read on Sacred Wiki that Cabalistic Voodoo Lore does enhance the broNze mod on the Animus thus making it lore powerful.... but then it also says the only way to increase the power is to make it go up levels so.......... if someone could test it that would be awesome as I have a console game so I can’t see how much damage my animus does

• Respect! 1