Voodoo Dryad - Moribund Animus - Shrunken Heads

gogoblender

I have a level 24 Yellow Scorpion Head courtesy of Putrescine! I've had the fortune of meeting up with Dmol and Put a few times on the servers over the last few days and have been trying to pick their brains of all voodoo knowledge. What I've come to notice is that the Scorpion pet is almost absurdly powerful...double strikes and life leech :) ... my question now is the following...

I've come to understand that increasing my level of pet summoned greatly increases the damage of the pet (this is easily done with a plus to CA slot or gear and then stowed) ...what else can increase the pets's damage? Voodoo lore, Ancient Magic... any of those....or something else?

As well... does the level of the head that we use to cast the pet at, have any effect upon the:

1-Level of pet summonned?

2-Damage of pet summoned?

If not...then is there any point in me at all in trying to get more head drops...as the Scorpion is so insanely powerful and it was given to me at such a low level (Garganthropod drops it) ... guess what I'm asking is... is the level of pet (and it's strength) determined by the CA level...or does the level of the shrunken head have anything to do with the pet's level or potency?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Interesting

Put how do you know this... have you compared damages and levels from pets with two same type heads at different levels...is the damage the same?

And what about hp...could that be affected?

gogo

Ah, I see... that would be useful if I kept that head socketed. But what I usually do is spawn the scorpion then stow it away in Shared Stash...(Putrescine has threatened me with serious bodily harm if anything happens to that level 24 Scorpion head :)) And then switch to a blue head of whatever enemy I'm currently fighting to mod my totem and torment.

And since, I'm not using the summoning head for anything other than summoning... can we assume that once we collect a certain type of head, it's ours for keeps and will keep getting stronger as a pet as long as the CA level is increased?

If this is so...I'm gonna redo my build and then user a lesser percentage of the head drop mods on my Combat Arts because I'd only be using heads for specific enemy types to increase totem and torment damage and wouldn't be as interested in having to devote resources to having a yellow head dropped anymore.

gogo

I suspect he means the bonuses of +stat/+skill/+armor that the head provides.

Yep!

I have skorpy head level 149

Armor : 60 (90% phys/10% poison)

Experience per kill 10%

Defense value +151

Attack value + 141

I love it :)

See, this is the thing Steph...if you were fighting orcs...would you keep that yellow insect head in your head slot? Or instead switch to a goblinoid head against goblins? In that case, wouldn't a white or blue head be almost as good..just you'd be missing the bonuses?

And curious about your build...what mods have you chosen to have heads dropped...have you gone uber head drop...or some head drop and better damage from overall build?

gogo

indeed. I agree what steph says...

I myself have a T-Energy head on my (now useless, main)

with 16+ Darting Assault

and +33 Stamina.

The way I know what I wrote in the first post is by checking the difference between the level 24 head you're "using" for now... and the level 68 head I have on my voodoo dryad...

NO difference whatsoever in pet damage.

The problem with switching heads is when your skorpy is dead you must put back the right head to summon him back :) and as you noticed, if you change the head, you loose the bonus from the previous one for the new one.

Yellow heads have very powerfull bonuses :)

I must admit that I'm not using the others spells from the voodoo aspect very much, that's why I don't need to switch between head to match the opponents type.

Scorpy is killing very fast hehe

See that's the thing... the scorpy is killing SO fast. It's almost like... since we all know that the Scorpy head brings in this total uber game killer.. why bother with anything else?

:o

In fact the scorpy's so strong, he's like a crazy DOT that just goes in and cuts everything up into ribbons...It's usually just as an after though, that if I remember to cast it, I'll throw in the totem :)

I'm finding that just the extra damage benefits of the correct white or blue head using totem or torment is great in itself. With Acute, and El Scorpion... we don't need much else ?

Ooooooookay, restarting build...thank god only to level forty...this time I think I'm gonna take faster attack speed on Scorp rather than better head rate drop as, since I already have a yellow scorpion head... Summoning Solved

gogo

The guardians drop the Minotaur gogo

Then you eaten way too little moribound runes, mine are usually almost double level of char.

My Woodoo witch level 46 - pet level 75.

Dmol or anyone else, you guys know for sure... for sure! :) ... if Ancient Magic increase the damage coming off the hirelings?

also...when I pass my cursor over the buff for moribus, I'm seeing that percentage to drop heads is going up and down, up and down...my level of moribus is getting higher (yay!) but my percentage to get heads from moribus is at an all time low of 5 percent... what is changing this?

And do the head dropping chances from the other Combat Arts stack to moribus...is this what I'm seeing?

:P

gogo

Dmol or anyone else, you guys know for sure... for sure! :P ... if Ancient Magic increase the damage coming off the hirelings?

also...when I pass my cursor over the buff for moribus, I'm seeing that percentage to drop heads is going up and down, up and down...my level of moribus is getting higher (yay!) but my percentage to get heads from moribus is at an all time low of 5 percent... what is changing this?

And do the head dropping chances from the other Combat Arts stack to moribus...is this what I'm seeing?

:unsure:

gogo

First only CA level increase pet dammage. Nothing - even ancient magic makes it better.

And yes - your head drop chance from other CA´s, stack with moribound.

And my level 50 dryad got hmm 4,1 % from moribound without any other ca / buff open.

With Sinister she got 5,2 %, dont remember what black curse adds - but makes bosses drop good - and makes them wimpy weaklings.

The reason if any to get higher level heads are for better stats like woodoo lore +5 or +10 or + 100.000.

I want my yellow monter head with d-blow / woodoo lore +4 , int +3 back. Stupid dryad killing carnach - made me loose it. Sniff my minotaur.

Edited by D-molisher

That's awesome info, Dmol. I was trying to hard to test better damage for the pets... and came to same conclusion as you sadly... only pet levels seem to up their damage.

At this point, I could see tons of runes and perhaps a super skills armor set to cast the buff before going as being useful.

And sorry to hear about loss :9

Wiki Voodoo page is slowly coming along, I'm going to have to track you down in servers to have you take a look at it to see what can be added and/or changed.

Cheers!

:sigh:

gogo

Wiki Voodoo page is slowly coming along, I'm going to have to track you down in servers to have you take a look at it to see what can be added and/or changed.

Cheers!

gogo

Anytime friend , just give me a shout.

Anyway an + PWN all CA or moribound set - to cast buff from are an awesome idea.

Anyway I got to shop for well millions in platinum - ya EVIL VIPER ARE MAKING ME EAT MY WORDS REGARDING NEVER GETTING IN NIOB - IT SEEMS .

We finished gold campaign yesterday - so now I got max smith / shopper level 66 or 67 in plat.

Wee THX JimmyP fpr donating me 120 millions for my insane project. Getting a max smith / trader in niob without other than party help & loads of funn - like always with EVIL VIPER :sigh:

And Big THX to EVIL VIPER for countless of hours party funn.

I hope I might someday repay some of the funn he he.

Edited by D-molisher

Cheers!

gogo

Anyway an + PWN all CA or moribound set - to cast buff from are an awesome idea.

I'm actually using two slots. One with plus Combat Arts and the other one with Plus all skills. Depending on how many runes I've gulped down one of the two weapon slot choices gives me a better boost.

Schot's idea with the plus skills. The Plus Skills Boost to this buff technically has better power to boost it...but you need a ton of runes to put you into the negative to have the plus skills slot "release" the levels.

And it's not like a plus to all Combat Arts which just is one per...plus all skills releases entire groups of CA levels... pretty powerful...but the rune cost is enormous

:sigh:

Dmol, I'm trying to list all the different enemies that belong to the Enemy Types that drops particular groups of heads. If you have time, would you be able to help me by listing specific monsters within the Enemy Type groups for the shrunken heads?

Put, you're also playing a voodoo girl as well... halp!

Cheers!

gogo

Ya- santa set with plat rune in silver slots and all skills in gold slots; makes moribound go from pet level 94 - 111 now. And I can only use ½ of it.

Anyway just come by where I am , if I can help you some.

Well back to skull hunting - want a blue human head or yellow skelet head.

And last 4 level for 60 - so I am ready for Kami. If I dont get disturbed by evil guests.

• 1 month later...

Im glad I came across this post. I was thinking of making a voodoo dryad but for some reason I had the idea that voodoo was gimped. Im very interested in your builds. The pet seems like alot of fun. If I do take voodoo aspect I think I will be just using the pet mostly so I would really really like to know if lore or anything else raises dmg for the the pet in voodoo. I see that ca raises dmg for sure so im guessing eating alot of runes, getting +all to combat arts, and +to combat art to the moribund animus.

So nothing else raises dmg? If so thats great ill just take voodoo focus and it will give me another skill spot opening.

It's actually a bit dissapointing that the only thing that raises the pets damage is it's level. In a way though, it's kinda fun...cuz all you have to do is use strategies to "boost" the casting level and then use your normal equipment.

gogo