Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

Welcome to FDM Fightclub!

First Delphic Arcania Focus is a must have since it helps you level Grand Invigoration and GI is a must have. It gives you regen cut time and HP regen. DA Focus gives you that all important raze of CA level without penalty when it comes yo GI and trust me you need it.

Now why pick armor when we get killed easy. Well you answered it right there. Think of it this way if you get hit at the start easy and take damage easy what would happen to your toon in Plat or Niob if you dont have Armor lore and Shield lore. :4rofl:

Heres an example for you. At my level of 166 when I get hit monsters make only 2000-3000 damage. This is because I have armor of 46.000 and 49.000 HP. And trust me this are not small number specially the HP. :4rofl:

Welcome to FDM Sylphied! Hope have a great time here and in game.

As for your questions about EP. Thats a valid choice. Having both bargaining and EP is not an overkill. Since they work great together. EP helps you find sets and Uniques as well as more gold things that you cant buy with bargaining and provides you with gold for shopping. Bargaining on the other hands lets you shop at any given time for those all important rings and amulets. Take them both you wont regret it.

As for the toon on the long run as you can see my toon is at level 166 at this time. I havnt seen a noter pyro build in game at this level(if there is some one dont take it personal I just havnt met up with you). As for I having problems no I dont have problems not with damage or defense. As I said in the guide the toon is made to get stronger with ever level thats its key its a toon for Niob its made for the long run. Stay to the areas this toon is build for and where its most effective and you wont have any trouble that I can think off.

Hope that helps. :4rofl:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

[2] Arrant Pyromancer Lore - 75+

[3] Concentration - 75

[5] Arrant Pyromancer Focus - 75+

[8] Bargaining - 75

[12] Armor Lore - 75

[18] Delphic Arcania Focus - 75

[25] Constitution - 75

[35] Enhanced Perception - 75

[50] Ancient Magic - 75

[65] Shield Lore - 75

So I'm thinking this is how I will end up. I'm assuming that these skills should only hit 75 for masteries. However, you will inevitably end up with extra skill points. Where should these go? My guess is that you will want to keep Arrant Pyromancer Lore and Arrant Pyromancer Focus as high as possible. Do you agree with this? I'm also very concerned with how I should be distributing points to Enhanced Perception and also at which level I should be picking it up. The order I have listed above is what I "think" might work but I honestly don't know. I'm wondering if I should be taking it before Constitution.

Finally, is Bargaining and Enhanced Perception worth taking above 75? And how useful is Riding for a HE? I hear it reduces CA times even more...

Edited by Sylphied

You have the set up nice EP is where it should be since the real need and practical use of sets comes later. It help at the start but you can live with out it at the start. if you saw in my guide I have APF, APL and Conc. at 103.

As for Barg. and EP well some people add some extra points I dont plan to spend any more in barg. since I can get it up pass 75 with my trading suite. Naturally since you will have a trade suite you dont really need anymore points. If you dont build a trade suite then you will need a lot more. :(

You list Globe as your gold fireball mod. It's a silver tier one on Xbox.

Do you have any strong reasons to avoid hot trail? It seems like a valuable asset to me, especially with fusilade and greek fire.

I like the 3 fire balls. They look and work great for the short number of levels I used it as a useful CA. At the end of the day you use BT and IS as the CAs for killing. What you do with AF doesnt really matter. The choices in the guide are what works based on the game play I enjoy.

Hello,

I'm a new player to Sacred 2 and your guide is very useful in reducing my mistakes while I'm making my first char, a High Elf. I have a question though.

Would Damage Lore be good say, instead of Delphic Arcania Lore?

I believe that Damage Lore mastery would increase a lot the damage of Blazing Tempest's DMT, and also other burns. Would it be a bad choice?

I have chosen Inferno as the bronze mod for Incandescent Skin too, so it would go well with it.

I'd love to have your opinion soon!

Edited by Giard

Welcome to FDM Giard! I am glad you like my HE build and that it is helping you minimize mistakes.

As for the question. I answered somewhere I think dont know where but Damage lore is a very good choice. So you are right on track. That will help a lot with the BT burn. Have fun with it.

Welcome to FDM Giard! I am glad you like my HE build and that it is helping you minimize mistakes.

As for the question. I answered somewhere I think dont know where but Damage lore is a very good choice. So you are right on track. That will help a lot with the BT burn. Have fun with it.

Thank you very much!

I'll continue to check your build for any further questions I have.

Have fun

Hi all. I am playing Pyro High Elf and I am using this guide to make it right. I have 1 question.

Why should I put more then 1 rune on the Incandescent Skin buff ? Every rune I put there actually increases my regen time with BT and IS.

And I get what? Some minor fire DMG and that's it.

Maybe I am missing something here but I see no point in getting this CA any more levels then 1. I would like to hear your opinion on this Katran. Thanks.

Welcome to Dark Matters 3dwarman. I am happy you use my guide as a reference to build your Pyro HE.

Now about IS. Heres the link to Incandescent Skin on the Sacred Wiki. If you look at the stats for level 1 it is true that you will get plus to your regen time at first but this is only at first. If you check the two mods that I have on IS(silver and gold mod) this are Energy Focus and Arrant Pyromancer Expertise. If you add there bonus to the original bonus you will get a lot more regen. Decrease then increase.

So simple put stick with it get the mods and you will see why you need IS. It is a must buff. :P

Well I am level 20 and I have the 3 mods on IS and still I get more +% CA regen then -% to Aspect Pyro CA regen. I've made a little pictures here to illustrate my point.

First we have IS at level 1 and the regen time of my BT with level 1 IS activated:

islevel1.jpgbtregentime1.jpg

Now let's see what happens when I get my IS to level 15 and the regen time of BT:

islevel15.jpgbtregentime2.jpg

As you can see the regen time is actually more then with IS level 1. And I get some fire dmg on IS in return witch I don't find particularly useful.

The only thing I can imagine is the after some more levels (30+ or so) IS is actually going to give me lower regen( -xx.x%) on the Aspect Pyro then the

Regeneration Time of all CA (+xx.x%). But at witch point this is going to happen ? I don't see a table representing the values of the different levels of IS

in the Wiki(great Wiki BTW). You said you have 163 lv Pyro Elf so can you tell me when the +% is going to be less then the -% ? I hope I explained this well enough.

3dwarman I have the same question as you have about when and if IS has a curve that provides more -% regen time on Pyromancer aspect than the +% penalty.Only because on HC revenge mod seems too good to skip since from what I've researched is even better than evasion.

But I noticed a possible mistake on your IS screenshot.You are comparing a level 15 IS with a level 15.8 one which means we don't get the full bonus from it but do get the full penalty.So even if at some point the -% becomes more than the +% penalty it will be limited by the Combat Arts max level without penalties thingy right?

First post on DA forums :)

The 15.8 level is the next one. I am at level 15 IS at the screen shot. And I am comparing level 1 to level 15 IS. I only have that much skill points in Pyro Focus. So the 15.8 on the next rune read is not a problem here.

Yeah seems more logic that way :)

When you picked your silver and gold mods for GI the bonus applied to the existing one shown on the UI or did it give a discount to the penalty or is it shown on the Σ?

Here you go:

Incandescent Skin Lv 142

CA +32%

Pyro CA -86.5%

Blazing Tempest Lv 123

Regen 4.8sec

with IS on regen. 1sec.

And you dont need this high levels to see the return in numbers.

That is awsome,but how many levels of your IS are from eaten runes and how many from + skills?.The only thing that bothers me about choosing my IS silver mod is if the lack of Revenge mod makes survival harder on later dificulties on the Pyro HE, since IS lacks the physical resistence of cold skin of cold elves.

Also will I still see this curve on IS if I take the +%dmg bonus as a gold mod?

Its a mix of runes eating and +CA gear. But not a lot of +CA gear. I prefer to invest in +skill gear.

As for what mods to take most people take this and I find them to be the best and most useful. I wouldnt take the damage mode for extra damage since that can be easily covered with more levels to your attack CA and dont forget your Fire Demon is there to make sure you get the damage bonus.

Aha.So one final thing to clarify.How is the survivaliability at gold+ without the revenge mod?Given we get constitution,armor and shield lore is that bad?

I hear people getting one shotted by scorpions on desert but up till silver they dont pose much of a threat if you dont let them hit you like a sitting duck <<quack!>>

EDIT:Since we're mostly talking about HC.

Edited by Weavelord

The only place I play in Niobium is Desert. Scorpions are my best friends. :D

You have a lot of defense you will be safe. Regen is the key of the game for this build low cast speed a lot of spamming with BT. Oh and dont go with the Quack! thats my leveling sound and a HE doesnt know the word siting duck since it never sits in one place.

As for IS in the first levels of silver and so on I was using more GI then IS. :)

Hi just wanna ask some questions here.....

Q1. Im Lv35 in Silver mode Orc Realm now and yeah BT is doing some good damage I usually kill a pack in 1 to 2 BT waves but I feel really squishy a few mobs can make my HP drop so fast I usually die in few hits sometimes even before my BT kills them. EG: CHamps + few mobs. I always get hit during casting after I rounded them up so would appreciate any advise on this matter. My skills distribution atm is 35 Pyro Focus , 35 Pyro Lore, 20ish Concentration, 9 points in Delphic Focus and 1 point in Ancient Magic/Armor lore. Is it normal for a HE to die this easily?

Q2. I have ate like 20ish Incandescent Skin runes and 14 Grand Invigoration runes and I've just reached 1.9sec BT mark(Mounted) still working my way to meet the 1.1 - 1.5 sec per BT target. My BT is at Lv7 right now (1 from rune, 6 from equipments) but im confused about when is the right time for me to start eating BT runes or should I keep it at Lv1 all the way and raise the level with gears? It seems to me that eating BT runes really hurts my regen time badly now (+0.3sec per level from rune). Also, by trying to adjust the regen time for BT at 1.1s - 1.5s do u mean these figures with +skill gears on or off?

Q3. I don quite understand the skill mastery thingy.... Is it more productive to stop my Pyro Focus/Lore and concentration skills at 75 after getting these 3 masteries and continue to complete all other masteries before I come back to invest points in them again? It seems to take ages to get the other skills to mastery if I only spend 2 points per level in them.

Thats about all I have to ask for now and thanks in advance for any replies.

Hey guys and welcome to Dark Matters!

Now about the questions.

catzilla

Q1: At that level it is expected for you to be an easy target remember at this stage of the game you are going for pure kill power not thinking to much on defense. You can see this in the build based on the skills that are taken. Now for orcs. Orcs are not friendly for a HE specially at this level. The HE doesnt want to be hit and they sure have a way of making that hard for you since they have a way to trap you in one place and then you are an easy target. As for then catching up to you well it is all in practice. The best way for you to kill them at this level is by making rings. Makes some distance from the mob cast BT then circle around and cast a noter. repeat the process. This should make easy work of them. IF gathering mobs is not that important to you you can always advance by waves. Meaning always have a wave or two as you move forward in the area. The last thing that comes to mind is checking your casting speed and move speed to make sure you can safely maneuver at will.

Q2:This is not just for you its more for everyone. Getting the BT regen. time ot where you feel comfortable is a balancing act. And unique to every HE based on what you have at hand. I my self dont use gear that adds to BT or any other CAs never have(Other then my weapon but that came in paly at around level 100). What I chose for my gear is a lot of sockets no negative effects from the gear on my regen and in the sockets I put +Skills rings and amulets and a lot of forge. The forge is a mix of defense and regen. This is also a balancing act since you do the smiting in game and based on what you want to get as an end regen. for BT.

Q3: Mastery gives you added bonus to the skill you got and a nice jump in the bonus when you get the mastery. IF you take a look at the guide you will see that I continued to invest points in the original 3 skills till level 110. They are that important on the long run and 75 points in them just wont do getting them to a 100 is a safe bet those 30 extra hard points in there wont be a waste. As for the other skills you will clearly see that after level 110 I started to invest all 5 points in one skill so I can get the mastery for all the rest of the skills. around level 170.

Storm Shadow

The descriptions for all the upgrades are on the Sacred wiki if you click the link for the CA it will take you to the sacred wiki description. Here are they posted for you here hope it helps.

*Bronze: Power - Increases the level of the summoned demon. (+3)

*Silver: Lively - The demon reduces spell casting time. (10% + 0.2% per CA level decrease)

*Gold: Modesty - When the demon is present, the Combat Arts regeneration penalty is reduced. (25% decrease)