Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

congrats on level 200 kat.

your guide has been working flawlessly for me so far.

I started on bronze, and at level 29 I'm about 1/4 done with silver. finished bronze without dying, buying and with less than 20% of the map uncovered thanks to a friend! I have a total of about +20 to all skills through my equipment, and with GI fully branched my regen times are favorable. the fireball is at .5 and my wave and meteors are at 1.4 and 1.6 I think. certainly workable.

I understand branching the CAs obviously, but the leveling is confusing me. is rune reading the only way to level a CA? and is it really necessary? I understand that GI runes can be read until the end of time with no penalty whatsoever, right? I've been reading all of these I come across. every other CA I have including my buffs has 1 rune read and I'd like to keep it that way to avoid penalties. I know you can compensate for those penalties, but I don't really understand that aspect lol.

if I were to avoid reading all runes except GI runes, is it a safe assumption that I'll last in the long run? or is this seriously hurting my build?

I'm still throwing a point into concentration, pyro focus and lore every level by the way.

@Noah 9k

If you have modded Incandescent Skin the way Katran suggested, you may also read more runes for it. As for the other CAs, it's a matter of reading runes until regeneration time is at your maximum acceptable threshold. At least that's how I've done it. :yay: With IS and GI on, Blazing Tempest takes 1.4 seconds to regenerate, and I've raised BT to level 4, through reading runes. If you keep all CAs other than buffs at lvl1, you'll get at one point when they do not so much damage and you have 0.1 regen for all of them. :( On the other hand, lower regens come in handy when having faster cast. Yeah, I know, I've confused you even more. :Just_Cuz_21:

The point is, you can read a few runes now and then so long as you keep CA regen rates the way you feel most comfortable. I keep AF at 1 second, BT at 1.5 and Incendiary Shower at 1.5 seconds.

@Katran

How many play hours do you have on this High Elf? I am curious how much it takes to get to 200. :D

My new Pyro HE is at level 29, just finished Swamps, after playing 8 hours.

veryy nice! I have 1 question though if any one can please answer im sorta new to sacred highest level being 50 but any ways I was wondern for the fire high elf why do you need lighting spells, like cobolt strick and all that please replie

-shadowslaya

You don't really need cobalt strike, it was just a matter of adding some diversity for Katran. You can just as well not get DA Lore and get something else in its turn. (But DA Focus is very important, so do get this one :))

But from the DA CAs, you'll definitely want:

Grand Invigoration (as High as possible)

Shadow Step (I keep it at one point)

You might also want Expulse Magic.

@Noah 9k

If you have modded Incandescent Skin the way Katran suggested, you may also read more runes for it. As for the other CAs, it's a matter of reading runes until regeneration time is at your maximum acceptable threshold. At least that's how I've done it. :woot: With IS and GI on, Blazing Tempest takes 1.4 seconds to regenerate, and I've raised BT to level 4, through reading runes. If you keep all CAs other than buffs at lvl1, you'll get at one point when they do not so much damage and you have 0.1 regen for all of them. :) On the other hand, lower regens come in handy when having faster cast. Yeah, I know, I've confused you even more. :blink:

The point is, you can read a few runes now and then so long as you keep CA regen rates the way you feel most comfortable. I keep AF at 1 second, BT at 1.5 and Incendiary Shower at 1.5 seconds.

@Katran

How many play hours do you have on this High Elf? I am curious how much it takes to get to 200. :)

My new Pyro HE is at level 29, just finished Swamps, after playing 8 hours.

thank you very much for this info.

you haven't in fact confused me though! at this point, I've stuck with only reading GI runes, (up to 50ish. it's godly) but I recently read what another rune would do for my BT. my regen time would go from .2 to .4, but at the same time the DoT will go from 2sec to 4sec! I will definitely be reading at least one more BT rune lol.

after 100+ hours I think I actually understand the game fully.

what a mind bender!

EDIT: that 2sec to 4sec part might not be correct. I think I read that wrong lol.

Edited by Noah 9000

This guide is awsome, I have been playing for a while and have a level 75 TG and 87 seraphim. Kinda got tired of the hack and slash and ran across this. I started a Pyro HE and got her to 48 so far. I would like to know what you think about taking Combat Reflexes instead of Combat Disc to avoid getting hit in a pinch? I am already doing enough damage with Pyro Lore and Ancient Magic, I thought adding another defensive skill might be the way to go. Any thoughts.

I am very new to the game, and I only have a mid 20's HE, I have been following the guide, but I have a question or two.

1st. I see everyone talk about .5 CA cool downs and BT at 1.1 in the guide, even with my special mount and the armor I have with the - regen penalty, my CA regen time is like 25-30 seconds. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it.

2nd. Currently I can only have 2 buffs active at any given time, normally I have my Inc skin and my fire guy. Will I at some point be able to use GI buff as well?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I am on a PS3 if that matters.

#1- The more runes you eat the higher the regen time gets. If you started eating a lot of runes at the beginning this could very easily explain your situation. Also, you said you have the fire demon up? I believe this build suggested having incadescent skin and grand invigoration right at the beginning, as GI lowers regen times.

#2- Concentration allows you to select 2 buffs when you first get it. At level 75 (mastery) you can use 3 buffs at a time.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Hey Thrawn_V. Those are some very very high regen times. So lets see what we can do about them.

1. Dont over read runes for your Combat CAs. (AF, BT, IS)

2. Use Inca. Skin and Grand Invi. as your buffs.

3. Get gear with a lot of sockets and put some regen. forge in it to cut down the regen time.

4. Check all your gear for armor penalty. Its the first thing in the item list it has something like regen. penalty from armor +-X make sure its -X or a very low + something like 0.2

5. gets both buffs some good high levels.

6. Keep concent. and Pyro Focus high.

7. Get some +skills rings and amulets to get a boost on damage and regen.

8. If you have access to niob forge friends get some niob forge regen. in the gear.

Does are somethings that come to mind that you need to check.

Hey Katran, thanks for the awesome guide!

I just had to register in to give you kudos on the professionalism and friendly style in answering questions, that's not something I see everywhere.

Great job!

Great Guide Katran,

I started making this Pyro HE but then read Ice was much better because it can go toe to toe, which it can. My Ice He is 82 level (xbox360) but I ran into another Ice HE and realized I made a hugh mistake for taking EP instead of combat discipline 1800 damage per shard without and 4200 per shard with. So instead of re-rolling I am picking up where I left off on the pyro. I am taking Combat Discipline and dropping DAL.

Here is my question so is knock back better than total or high evasion (90%)? Your right I do not want to get hit and die even if I am HC or not because survival bonues is very import not to lose because it will mess up your stats and drops.

If knock back what percentage should knock back be at?

Thanks for your kind words ilebur.

x Zeus x dont know if the ice HE is better wont go in a debate on the this topic but you can guess in what corner I am. :woot:

So the knock back story. Well in S1 I was a really really big fan of the GOW Battle Mage so in Sacred 2 the closest thing to that is the Pyro HE.

Now one of the things I had to say goodbye from the GOW BM was the pushing back effect of GOW and truth be told it was not easy to adapt with out it.

But as I was leveling at one point I must have used so me gear with knock back and I found out that it was a nice add on to BT even more that it is triggered by the burn effect as well. So I started to experiment with it. It activates a lot even at low knock back % since you generate a lot of waves and you have the burn on top of that. So as I rule I try to use as much as I can without compromising my main gear build.

If you have a friend that has a pyro HE you can play ping pong with stronger monsters it can be quite fun sometimes they have the habit of flying of the screen. :lol:

Thx for this guide Kat :) this toon is awesome

Started a Pyro this Weekend- she is level 95 in niob

only switched Delphic Arcania Focus -> Combat Dicipline

Blazing Tempest level 68 0,9 sec

Hey Kat, quick question. Would it be smart to change out Ancient Magic for Combat Discipline? Only asking because I'm not sure if AM provides a huge damage boost and CD seems more appealing. Gratz on the build, both yours and Dobri's are very powerful.

Hey Kat, quick question. Would it be smart to change out Ancient Magic for Combat Discipline? Only asking because I'm not sure if AM provides a huge damage boost and CD seems more appealing. Gratz on the build, both yours and Dobri's are very powerful.

I hope noone disapproves of me posting my opininion on this matter... Personally I would not do this simply because the mastery provided by AM is very nice to have. Neither is the difference between their damage increases as large as you seem to think.

Hi Kat,

I am usually a forum browser, but it seems to me that there has been few qst about the weapon choises. So here is one .

Why not sword of the blood dryads, this adds a good portion to fire damage, I've tested this briefly, and the dmg increases?

The downside, you lose one gold slot, and there is no casting speed. But from my understanding, the casting speed is only affected by the item wiht the highest %age, or have I misunderstood this?

On another note, thx for the guide, it has many good points, and very good write up.

cheers.

Hi Kat,

I am usually a forum browser, but it seems to me that there has been few qst about the weapon choises. So here is one .

Why not sword of the blood dryads, this adds a good portion to fire damage, I've tested this briefly, and the dmg increases?

The downside, you lose one gold slot, and there is no casting speed. But from my understanding, the casting speed is only affected by the item wiht the highest %age, or have I misunderstood this?

On another note, thx for the guide, it has many good points, and very good write up.

cheers.

Items that provide a damage increase stack additively with other percentagebased damage increases, so they do not quite provide the the same benefit they appear to at first glance.

Castingspeed mods on items are usually ignored, because casting speed is capped at 150%, something that is easlily achieved with Aspect Lore skills alone.

Hi Kat,

cheers.

Hey Revileb! Glad you like the guide.

Ok about the weapon choice. Pretty early in the game I got my hands on Sword of the Blood Dryads and pretty soon after got my hands on my very first Tinwora Curse. So I had to deal with this early on in the game. So I dont repeat this lets go over the weapons one on one.

Sword of the Blood Dryads

Damage of enraged player +X% (No use for a caster HE)

Tactics Lore +X (Since pyro HE dosnt use this skill useless)

Damage:Fire +X% (Great adds fire damage)

Chance for Burn +X% (Good never bad to have but the HE does great without it to start with)

1 gold slot (One slot not good. For any toon choice one slot is bad )

Tinwora's Curse

All combat arts +X (You can never have to much + CA or skills if you ask me. Plus the way I recommend setting up the gear this will be the only +CA you use)

Regeneration time: -X% (Great a person can never have to much cut to regen time)

Casting Speed: +X% (Great a boost to the casting speed of CAs)

2 Gold Slots (Great slots choice based on the game weapons choices you get)

Ok now to sum it up all you need is a good ring or niob forge to get the + that Sword of the Blood Dryads has and add it in the Tinwora`s Curse. Plus if that ring has lets say +experience or MF or death blow on it its even better. plus you will get all the great features of TC. So I will always pick the Tinwora`s Curse. Last and dont take this 100% but if you try using the TC over the Sword of the Blood Dryads just as they are with no socketing or forge you may get even more damage but since I was testing that a long long time ago I cant be sure. If this is so the TC would be better even to begin with but as I said I cant be 100% sure I was checking that many month ago.

Hi Kat,

cheers.

Hey Revileb! Glad you like the guide.

Ok about the weapon choice. Pretty early in the game I got my hands on Sword of the Blood Dryads and pretty soon after got my hands on my very first Tinwora Curse. So I had to deal with this early on in the game. So I dont repeat this lets go over the weapons one on one.

Sword of the Blood Dryads

Damage of enraged player +X% (No use for a caster HE)

Tactics Lore +X (Since pyro HE dosnt use this skill useless)

Damage:Fire +X% (Great adds fire damage)

Chance for Burn +X% (Good never bad to have but the HE does great without it to start with)

1 gold slot (One slot not good. For any toon choice one slot is bad )

Tinwora's Curse

All combat arts +X (You can never have to much + CA or skills if you ask me. Plus the way I recommend setting up the gear this will be the only +CA you use)

Regeneration time: -X% (Great a person can never have to much cut to regen time)

Casting Speed: +X% (Great a boost to the casting speed of CAs)

2 Gold Slots (Great slots choice based on the game weapons choices you get)

Ok now to sum it up all you need is a good ring or niob forge to get the + that Sword of the Blood Dryads has and add it in the Tinwora`s Curse. Plus if that ring has lets say +experience or MF or death blow on it its even better. plus you will get all the great features of TC. So I will always pick the Tinwora`s Curse. Last and dont take this 100% but if you try using the TC over the Sword of the Blood Dryads just as they are with no socketing or forge you may get even more damage but since I was testing that a long long time ago I cant be sure. If this is so the TC would be better even to begin with but as I said I cant be 100% sure I was checking that many month ago.

Hi again, and thx to both for clearifying some qst.

I do not know what awaits me in higher diff, I'm still in silver and level 41, so I just tested this, and the dmg output is higher at the moment, when using dryad sword. By about 6 %, this still dos not seem correct , becuse the number for the dryad sword is +fire dmg 25% and by my estimate the dmg inc should be higher. Nevertheless, I trust your call, I've had this game for 2 weeks, so excuse the noob(ility)......

And also I tested both weapons 'naked' :)

cheers.

Hehe your guess is as good as mine. Since you tested it with nothing else in there slots and the dryad sword adds more damage then I have to take your word for it. Non the less the tinwora is the the way to go after all 2 slots is better then one at your level and later on when you get to use FD its CA bonus will add even to that so the damage will drift tinworas way.

im making this buidl and the BT is leveling me very well, but I wondered is shield lore a necessary skill, could it be replaced with EP?

or will EP be useless if I level my bargaining up and buy good items?

im making this buidl and the BT is leveling me very well, but I wondered is shield lore a necessary skill, could it be replaced with EP?

or will EP be useless if I level my bargaining up and buy good items?

Well Shield lore is very good I wouldnt want to have a fragile HE without it. And it has that very cool mastery aka chance to block close combat attacks.

Hey Kat,

What about Ignis Magica for the death blow?

or

Officer Saber over Tinwora's?

Also is there a animation time for each CA? If so do you know the break point?

I dont really like Iqnis Magica plus it has only one slot. As for Officers Saber thats very good if you got some really good stuff to socket in it it will be a good choice.

If you are considering a wond then this is your best pick Nlovae's Mystery