Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

For GI, read as many runes as you possibly can, don't worry about going over regen penalty.

For IS, wait to read runes until you get your Combat Arts to a respectable regen time. By then you'll have a better feel for the game. high elf or bfg seraphim are great starter characters to get a feel for the game.

You can cast spells mounted once you get the special mount (choose the Pyromancer mount for this build of course). You can't cast spells from normal horses.

Regen blacksmith runes are good things to socket at the beginning of the game when regen times are generally high.

Edited by ka243
  • 2 weeks later...

You can always sub out bargaining for another skill if you have a shopper already. It is recommended to have at least one shopping character that you can take to high level. High elf is a good character to do this with.

Edited by ka243
  • 2 months later...

I think you should add both the UK and US versions of the mod names to your guide. I was following your guide and Globe isn't on the Gold mod part to AF, I didn't realize that till it was too late. Also after spending some time reading this whole thread do I find out it is eventually pointless to mod AF since most of you talk of never really using it again after you guys got BT.

Even some of the mods you have listed are different than the ones on the wiki, so it would help A LOT if you added mod descriptions to your guide.

I used the names that are listed in my game version. I dont really know what the other names are and no one had any problem with finding out which is which. As for the wiki I dont know what is going on there and if they have changed the names or not. At the time when I was writing the guide all the links were valid and pointing correctly. As for the Fire ball not being used later you can read next to each Combat Art in the guide more about it. It says next to AF that it is only for early levels and that BT will be used 99% of the time. Plus as you pointed out later in the discussions not just me everyone agrees that you can do what ever you like with it. In my guide its as I used it. :D

Welcome to FDM Fightclub!

First Delphic Arcania Focus is a must have since it helps you level Grand Invigoration and GI is a must have. It gives you regen cut time and HP regen. DA Focus gives you that all important raze of Combat Art level without penalty when it comes yo GI and trust me you need it.

Now why pick armor when we get killed easy. Well you answered it right there. Think of it this way if you get hit at the start easy and take damage easy what would happen to your toon in Plat or Niob if you dont have Armor lore and Shield lore. :viking:

Heres an example for you. At my level of 166 when I get hit monsters make only 2000-3000 damage. This is because I have armor of 46.000 and 49.000 HP. And trust me this are not small number specially the HP. :)

How does one get 49,000 HPs at level 166? Also, how does one get 46,000 armor without crystal skin?

keyser soze the guide is made for the toon to progress to this high levels of HP and Armor. Setting up the proper gear helps you get that large numbers. They get even higher later on.

infamousNSA Oh sure. You can see that Dea. Lore was just something I took for my self as a personal choice. So since you have barg. all ready you can drop ether one Barg. or DL.

• 2 weeks later...

Kat, Your built's awesome, loving it. Been reading through the thread, since I'm new to the game still have some doubt.

Can u clarify some game mechanics below for me:

1)deathblow % on weapon stack with spell cast?

2)Is -regen per hit stats (eg +0.5s regeneration per hit) useless for Combat Art that's non weapon based?

3) What does -x% of oppenent chance stats work? does it proc from spell like Incendiary Shower?

Regarding talent built

4) I still don't quite get why you choosed delphic arcania lore? and only few points invested in this one compare to focus. and Focus alone is enough for modding, and focus let you pushes your level limit allow for the CI buff.

5) To what extent bargain talent works? the chance seems so low, and how do I even know if it works? (uncertain as I'm still low level in it)

and last but the most important one:

(saw it in the thread some where that someone mentioned Incandescant Skin level giving negative benefit, and you shown an example of how you get more out of it when it's high level)

5) What is the exact level of IS needed to be before I starting to get benefit rather than negative out from it? (as I'm thinking of hording IS rune and mass eating it when level allows it to push it through the negative benefit level zone.

Sorry to get this answer a bit late. I have been playing Star Trek Online like mad and didnt see this before.

Glad you like the build and you are having fun with it. Let me answer some of this questions of yours. Before I do keep in mind I am not one of the players that has a calculator in hand and tests out numbers of how things should work. I play games for fun and create things and field test everything so everything I right is field tested why it works or how it works I may not know. :)

1)deathblow % on weapon stack with spell cast?

I think that with Ice and Blood out DeathBlow no longer works for the caster HE. So you can ignore deathblow you wont get any help from it as fare as I know.

2)Is -regen per hit stats (eg +0.5s regeneration per hit) useless for Combat Art that's non weapon based?

Not sure never used it myself. It may work with casters but I never want to have my regen time linked with chance to hit something.

3) What does -x% of oppenent chance stats work? does it proc from spell like Incendiary Shower?

Not sure if I understand what you ask here but Inc Skin main role in this build is to help cut down the regen time of your Pyromancer spells.

4) I still don't quite get why you choosed delphic arcania lore? and only few points invested in this one compare to focus. and Focus alone is enough for modding, and focus let you pushes your level limit allow for the CI buff.

DAL is here just for me and no one else LOL. I started the game then I found everything new and I liked to test out. So I took the lore as well. From time to time I used DA Combat Arts to give me a change of game play pace. But as a build you dont need it here you can take something that you like more. So you can take it out freely.

5) To what extent bargain talent works? the chance seems so low, and how do I even know if it works? (uncertain as I'm still low level in it)

Barg. is very very important in this game. If you are new that means you dont have a brag. toon so the HE may be that one for you. In your game time you will need to change and upgrade your gear and the +skills stuff doesnt come from monster drops(well it does but the chances of getting what you need are very low). You will need to shop a lot to get the rings and amulets you like. On this forum you will find many topics that talk about barg. and how important it works. Simply put you have a barg. Gear set with a lot of +Barg. in it and you go from shop to shop(most people go human outpost - swamp - start isle) and check to get the stuff you need. High Barg. makes better gear show up in the shops.

6) What is the exact level of IS needed to be before I starting to get benefit rather than negative out from it? (as I'm thinking of hording IS rune and mass eating it when level allows it to push it through the negative benefit level zone.

I dont know at what level it will happen. Not good with the math. But once you have all the mods in place start reading the runes till the penalty for reading to much doesnt get to high. I dont know what level you are but in the early game around levels 30 I used mostly GI for regen cut.

Hope some of this answers helped out. Its been a some time since I was playing Sacred 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice guide... I've been using it on a new character and currently at level 30. However, I've found that I don't really have any use for Delphic Arcania Lore. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until I had already selected it (since I was following the guide exactly). My fault for not reading the whole thread, I guess, as there seem to be a number of people who would also prefer an alternative skill. Thinking of starting over now because I'm so disappointed in having picked that skill early on and being stuck with it. I really wish the original post had been more clear about this being a matter of personal preference so I might have considered something else. Looking back, I would have gladly skipped this skill for something else (like damage lore, or perhaps riding or enhanced perception), as I never use attack skills from that aspect.

Other than that, I think the build is pretty solid. It's definitely nice early in the game, but I'm feeling underpowered at level 30 right now compared to my equal-level Seraphim. Biggest problem I'm having right now is trying to figure out how many runes to read for the Pyromancer combat arts. I haven't gone past 1 rune in any Combat Arts yet (with the exception of GI, which I'm putting as many as I can into). I've got regen times pretty close to the recommended levels (less on AF), but my damage is pretty weak on most enemies and my own defense is very low at the moment. Getting beat on pretty badly fighting enemies that are 3-4 levels higher due to survival bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

HEllo everyone!

I just joined this forum in order to collect information about char builds. I'm familiar with this kind of games and know that a strong character comes from a decent planing. I've had this game for a while but decided to play it recently. Here are my questions about HE.

1- I want a HE build that can shoot fireballs faster than a minigun. I know that cast speed and especially regen time is the key to this. I want to have something like 0.0000001 regen time on my fireball (OK that number is silly). Is it possible to reach such low regen levels. At least I want to be able to click and throw constantly. I can sacrifice soe defense to achive this of course....

2- Grand Invigoration seems to be an important skill in this matter and this rune reading as well as the "Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty" is confusing I have a couple of questions about this...

a) Is there a max level cap to combat arts? I mean for ex. is it possible to increase Grand Invig. to like 200 level?

b) Are runes really hard to find? As far as I know you can exchange unused runes with the runes you want....

c) If runes are not that hard to find and could be collected like forever then despite the heavy penalty you may suffer from "Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty" is there any logic to increase the Combat art level above the level without penalty? As far as I know only penalty you suffer is that you get half a level or even less per rune.

d) Does taking riding skill improves the combat arts regen times while on the pyromancer special mount?

Thanks. in advance....

1- I want a HE build that can shoot fireballs faster than a minigun. I know that cast speed and especially regen time is the key to this. I want to have something like 0.0000001 regen time on my fireball (OK that number is silly). Is it possible to reach such low regen levels. At least I want to be able to click and throw constantly. I can sacrifice soe defense to achive this of course....

This thing has been answered in the post above. Getting that kind of low level regen is pointless since there is always that animation time you have to deal with. I think at one point my AF was around 0.2 or something like that havnt played in a long time but the thing is there wasnt any cast difference as when it was 0.5.

2- Grand Invigoration seems to be an important skill in this matter and this rune reading as well as the "Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty" is confusing I have a couple of questions about this...

a) Is there a max level cap to combat arts? I mean for ex. is it possible to increase Grand Invig. to like 200 level?

Yes you can get GI to level 200 its not that hard. But keep in mind this will happen when you get in niob it would be very very hard to do it sooner.

b) Are runes really hard to find? As far as I know you can exchange unused runes with the runes you want....

Runes are not hard to find you can exchange them at rate 1:1 if you have the cash

c) If runes are not that hard to find and could be collected like forever then despite the heavy penalty you may suffer from "Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty" is there any logic to increase the Combat art level above the level without penalty? As far as I know only penalty you suffer is that you get half a level or even less per rune.

Thats the penalty getting less out of the rune read when over the level limit. But if you have the runes you can go over it. I know I did in the later levels of niob even read 10 or more runes for a single level increase.

d) Does taking riding skill improves the combat arts regen times while on the pyromancer special mount?

Not sure about this one since I never used this skill. Dont remember if it refereed to horse based Combat Art. :D

Heya,

afaik, Riding reduces the penalty the mount has for Combat Art's. Mounts have a certain regen penalty and a regen bonus towards a single aspect. Riding reduces the first penalty.

My opinion? Don't bother with Riding... There are much better options :(

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

THANKS!

Especially to the mod of course:) Most of the questions in my mind are answered now. We plan to play this game on lan with a couple of friends. Is there a mod or setting in which the special items drop or there are better drops? For example in Diablo 2 there were hardcore players only items in the hardcore play setting.

I'm sucking pretty bad at the moment.

I have a feeling that I didn't eat enough runes. Can someone give me some suggestions?

At 22, the only Combat Art that does any damage for me is the AF. IS and BT only scratches the mobs when I run around while my wife blast them away with her BFG.

It didn't help that my fireball is now split into 2....and I don't know what to do with the gold mod......without the globe option.

Wouldn't I switch to IS and BT already at level 22?

What should my Combat Art level be for IS, BT and the skin be?

• 2 months later...

Noticed today that for AF the second mod has the Globe/fusilade and the third mod is fusilade+ something (on pc)

Which made me mess up the mod already on level 8 or so :s since I noticed to late that silver has the globe modification and I mindlessly choose fusilade cause I remembered that from this guide.

• 1 month later...

hi there

I got the game today and to play my HE. I am level 6 now.I bought ice and blood as well and I am playing it on pc and I got a few questions to ask you.

Q1. for the Ancestral Fireball, the silver mod has fusillade or globe. the gold mod has fusillade or hot pursuit. now you said in the guide that I should put fusillade in silver, should I? and you u said in the guide that I should put globe in gold, but gold does not have such a mod called globe. what should I put in gold mod, fusillade or hot pursuit?

Q2. as you said in your guide that I should put 10% on vitality and 90% on intelligence. when any Character starts at level 1 there is no attribute given. does that mean we have 1 less attribute in the game?

Q3. is this the order I am meant to follow for the skills? or is this the wrong order?

Lvl2 - concentration

Lvl3 - arrant pyromancer lore

Lvl5 - Delphic arcania lore

Lvl8 - arrant pyromancer focus

Lvl12 - Armor lore

Lvl18 - Bargaining

Lvl25 - Delphic arcania focus

Lvl35 - Constitution

Lvl50 - Ancient magic

Lvl60 - shield lore

Q4. what do you mean by this quote?

Fire Demon and Incandescent Skin read as many as possible but be watchful on negative effects.

Grand Invigoration rune reading goes by the rule the more the better the sky`s the limit. This is your regeneration time safety net.

Q5. is there an easy way to find runes you need. (Not trading for other runes)

thanks man :D

Kalet

Welcome The Dark Matters Kalet!

I am familiar with the Pryomancer and it is a great build. this one of Kat's was done before Ice and Blood, but is still a great and very popular guide.

A1. Try Explosion(for stray damage to mobs) Globe for more damage, 3rd choice for me is Hotpursuit ( its a long slow fireball and you can't hit moving targets without it)

A2. I would put all points into Vitality for the first 50 levels, then all points to Intelligence. That will be 10/90 by about level 140.

A3. Your order is fine. Bargaining is the optional here. Move it up or down the list any way you like depending on how fast you want to level or How soon you intend to start building a Bargaining Suit to start shopping

A4. Every Combat art has a regen penalty. when you take the Focus Skill the level before penalty goes up. Kat's build takes all the regen lowering mods so Regens are gonna be good. What he means is don't be afraid to read runes, but keep an eye on the regen penalties so as not to gimp your char. fire Demon and Incandescent skin are Castable permanent buffs. they stay up the entire time. reading runes into them raises the regen penalties of all Combat Arts. just keep an eye on your Blazing Tempest, Fireball, and Meteor shower as not to get the regen penalties of those up over about 1.0s. Grand invigoration is a unique Buff. Its the only one in the game that has no Regen Penalty. so you can read all the runes into it you want, up to the Ice and Blood max of 200 Runes. (Kat's build had no limit in Fallen Angel, Iv'e heard of guys having 3000 runes into this buff)

A.5 Runes drop from any monster in the game. there is a chance that a rune will drop for HE, but you will also get runes for all Classes. once you begin to level runes and gold will increase. (it will be tough until level 75) after about level 75 Gold seems to come quickly and you can convert them more easily

There is no Rune trick. they just drop at random( but frequent)

Enjoy. This is a very popular build like I said. Check out my Piromante for some additional options or insight.

I was playing today and I came across this quest where I had to fight my first boss which was the The Kobold Chieftain. now since he is immune to fire then what am I meant to use. I have tried using my weapons but his health regenerates quickly. I am level 11. am I not meant to fight him now? even if I am a higher level I still wont be able to win because my main is fire.

thanks ;) locolagarto for the help.

I was playing today and I came across this quest where I had to fight my first boss which was the The Kobold Chieftain. now since he is immune to fire then what am I meant to use. I have tried using my weapons but his health regenerates quickly. I am level 11. am I not meant to fight him now? even if I am a higher level I still wont be able to win because my main is fire.

Incendiary Shower will do the trick.