Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

Hi, new here and haven't played many Sacred 2 characters in depth but mostly with friends when we get tired of other games. Anywho im starting to find it more fun but am getting a little bogged down. I chose to try this high elf build and it's pretty fun I find that I have to signout once a night (since I play on a xbox) to save my survival bonus but that isn't too big of an issue.

My question is this, my character is a level 24 HE (obviously) and in the last few hours of gameplay I've noticed an exponential change in leveling time. I expected a steady increase as in most games but 20 took me about 20 min, 21 about 30, 22 about 45 so on but im going for 25 now and I've played for 2 hours and im still a ways away. What's up with this?

Possible other important facts:

I play on silver

survival bonus of 60ish %

34.4% through the campaign

I think about 10% of hte map discovered

thanks

In my opinion, there are several options:

- You should check the enemy status and levels. If the enemy circle is green, light green or white, you may have outleveled the area you are in. Every small area has their max level. However, seeing you're only 24, things should be relatively ok for you still.

- You should check the killing speed. If you started killing the enemies more slowly, this also impacts the kill time. If that is so, consider increasing your damage through reading runes (but keep an eye in your regeneration times, don't bump it over 5 seconds) or making a buff suit (set of items with socketed Incandescent Skin buff runes in it).

- You should check the enemy resistances. If you use ancestral fireball/incendiary shower/blazing tempest against fire resistant enemies, they do a lot less damage.

A few other things come to mind, but these 3 are the ones you should check first :)

In my opinion, there are several options:

- You should check the enemy status and levels. If the enemy circle is green, light green or white, you may have outleveled the area you are in. Every small area has their max level. However, seeing you're only 24, things should be relatively ok for you still.

- You should check the killing speed. If you started killing the enemies more slowly, this also impacts the kill time. If that is so, consider increasing your damage through reading runes (but keep an eye in your regeneration times, don't bump it over 5 seconds) or making a buff suit (set of items with socketed Incandescent Skin buff runes in it).

- You should check the enemy resistances. If you use ancestral fireball/incendiary shower/blazing tempest against fire resistant enemies, they do a lot less damage.

A few other things come to mind, but these 3 are the ones you should check first :)

thanks for the reply

unfortunately based on those recomendations im doing well, everything I fight is red and my regens are all under 2 seconds. killing speed can get a little low...lots of circles around 30+ orcs or such sometimes haha.

also a question for those who play on xbox....where is everyone? I used to play about a year and half ago and could jump into a full game no problem but nowadays im lucky if I find one person to play with...have that many people really put down this game?

• 10 months later...

Ok so I haven't been playing Sacred 2 FA for to terribly long now.. I've messed up some builds in the past, but now I have a HE (pyro). She seems like a fairly strong build similar to kats pyro HE.. I was just wanting to know if I'm doing decent damage for my level.. She's level 78 and here's what my CAs are looking like

Ancestrial fireball- 16k dmg(0.6 regen)

Blazing tempest- 3k on impact- 5k/s

(1.0 regen)

Incendiary shower- 7k dmg 13 meteors

(1.2 regen)

I have never gotten a fire HE that high, so I cannot really comment on your damage. What caught my eye was the regen for Ancestral Fireball. That seems a little low to me. Have you compared the regen vs the animation time?

Actually, the damage Fuzznug has is pretty decent for level 78. With this damage he should be able to drop the guardians in no time and kill bosses for fun. As for Ancestral Fireball, I don't know how often Fuzznug is using it, as Blazing usually eats it but damage vs regen seems ok.

I only used Fireball in the caves beneath Seraphim Island where Blazing Tempest works poorly.

With Glacial Thorns, I shoot for a 0.9 regen which seems to be about equal to the animation. I assumed Fireball had a similar animation time.

I have never gotten a fire HE that high, so I cannot really comment on your damage. What caught my eye was the regen for Ancestral Fireball. That seems a little low to me. Have you compared the regen vs the animation time?

Uh.. Honestly I dont know.. I've mastered concentration and both arrant pyro focus/lore.. I have +72 to all skills from rings, amulets, and socs.. I need to eat some more runes I guess.. The ancestrial fireball pretty much has no regen visually.. Takes about 5-8 of them to kill garcollossus on platinum.

If Fireball works for you, then do not mess with it. In the event you are looking at getting a little more damage out of it, you might be able to get by with a slightly higher regen.

Edited by lujate
  • 2 months later...

I would drop Delphic Lore. You still have Delphic Focus to improve GI and Expulse Magic.

I am currently doing a similar build. I dropped Delphic Lore and Bargaining, and took Combat Discipline and Spell Resistance. But neither Combat Discipline nor Spell Resistance will be of great value to you, since you play ps3.

Thanks, lujate.

I like the idea of Lore combining with GI to and Constitution to give massive life regen... But I haven't played much past level 100 before, so I was worried chance to block (from Shield) would be better late game.

BTW, I've been away for a while. Why have so many people's avatar's become Santas?

I have taken a HE into Platinum but have never made it over 100.

These two builds both use Delphic Focus without Lore, so I figure it will be OK:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:R00sters_Road_to_Immortality%2C_Strategies_for_making_%27immortal%27_toons

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Loco%27s_Piromante_%28Ice_%26_Blood%29

The Christmas avatars are leftovers from the Christmas theme the forum had over the holidays.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ancestral Fireball "This is the CA that will be your early levels best friend. Get the silver and gold mods at the same time. Its a bit hard to fight with the 2 ball mod."
*Bronze: Greek Fire
*Silver: Fusillade
*Gold: Globe

ok the ps3 names are different and since there isnt any description could someone please tell me what ps3 mods I need here. basically do I want 1 big ball or multiple balls.

if I take points out of Delphic Lore for Combat Discipline is 12 enuff or should I reduce points from something else. it doesnt say when to put points here also at what step.

Edited by mazey
  • Like! 1

Been a while since I played the game and touched the pyro elf, but last I checked, the mods are the same on PC and PS3. However, Katran likely mixed up the silver and gold mods, thus the silver mod should be globe, and gold mod should be fusillade. Here be the wiki entry for Ancestral Fireball, complete with the mods and descriptions.

As for whether it be better to have multiple fireballs or a gigantic ball, it really comes down to preference more than anything else. Truth be told, between BT, IS, and AF, I prioritize modding BT and IS, and care very little about AF itself. My personal preference, I would rather have a single giant fireball over multiple fireballs that may or may not hit the target all at once, since the damage of the individual fireballs when choosing fusillade would end up being divided.

thanks for that, I just got the game and didnt even know about it till when I seen it and bought it so I guess I get to enjoy it all for the first time even though its 4 years after release. liking it so far I am playing silver difficulty because bronze was too easy it let me continue off on level 7 so I was happy about that.

Ancestral Fireball "This is the CA that will be your early levels best friend. Get the silver and gold mods at the same time. Its a bit hard to fight with the 2 ball mod."

*Bronze: Greek Fire

*Silver: Fusillade

*Gold: Globe

ok the ps3 names are different and since there isnt any description could someone please tell me what ps3 mods I need here. basically do I want 1 big ball or multiple balls.

if I take points out of Delphic Lore for Combat Discipline is 12 enuff or should I reduce points from something else. it doesnt say when to put points here also at what step.

Mazey, hi

here to say hi, and happy you've lucked upon one of the best threads for a fire build elf in the multiverse

Enjoy your stay here in our happy abode...

welcome to Darkmatters!

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...