Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

Barr I will shop you some starting gear in niob forge it for you and bring it down when you PM me that you are ready to play the toon. Searh me up in game under Katran if you dont have my play toon on your buddy list. ;)

Heya Kat,

started... level 17 now. First question... the silver mod on Grand Invigoration... I'm lure towards the HP regen... any input?

I did take the lore... it acts as a bonus to GI's HP regen, so thats good.

Thinking of changing Bargaining for Riding.

Ima look you up now :D

Greetz

Hey Katran, I did notice when I started with your build here that when I used the first rune to unlock GI it said next level was like 2.8 iirc, anyway that surprised me a little because it almost seems like Im getting penalized with it from the start. No biggie I thought that once I have DAL/DAF it should switch back to a complete level, is this true or is it always like that? I do realize this is the only buff in the game that technically doesn't penalize you for using too many runes, just wanted your take on this...thanks.

Well the penalty for crossing the max level without penalty does apply for GI just like for any other CA.

A question? Do you have Del.Arc. Focus yet if not then it may be the reason for your penalty from the start. :)

Well the penalty for crossing the max level without penalty does apply for GI just like for any other CA.

A question? Do you have Del.Arc. Focus yet if not then it may be the reason for your penalty from the start. :)

No, I have been following your build to the letter...Im assuming you listed your skills in the order that they should be acquired, am I correct? Im only level 8 right now...

Since you have been following my guide then that would be my best guess since in my build I took focus later. This was since in the start I used IS as a buff and managed regen with gear. You wont damage your build if you take DA focus sooner one options would be to switch armor lore with DA focus but this all depends on your style of play. But if you stick with the build I doubt you will have any problems leveling to 25 before getting focus then as I did.

hey kat, thanks for your answer before, and I just have a few more questions.

Since I play on the console platform, and its very hard to come across people who have niob characters to forge niob defense in my armor. What do you recommend for me to do to counter that armor disadvantage? I mean she is a deadly boss killer when the bosses are stunned but when they are not I tend to be gettnig hit for 3/4 of my life, on the nameless guardians I got basically 1 shot, 1 of them hit me for 50% the other hit me for 50% at the same time. I plan to be remaking a new HE, and I just farmed some set items for her already like the valeria's and innocence set, what do you recommend me socketing them with? should I socket +skill + combat arts + fire dmg? or slotting defense in silver or gold? If I slot gold defense should it be a mix of gold defense slots and some +skill +combat arts ring or ammies to make up for the dmg?

Also for the Buffs, you said eat as many GI buffs as possible. Since GI buff does have a penalty after it reaches max level without penalty from DAF, is it smarter to keep them at max level without penalty and level it up as points in DAF increases or just keep reading them like a madman? After all it does share a penalty so it would be a waste of runes wouldnt it?

Also at the start I will be focusing on 3 skills until I get mastery, like you said Concentration, Arrant Pyromancer Lore and Arrant Pyromancer Focus, then the left over points into DAF, Bargaining, armor lore ect. I plan on putting the extra poitns into DAF, but also should I put enough points in armor lore so I can wear armor without penalty, or can I make that up with the +skills sockets?

I'm a noob at the game so I hope you dont mind too many questions, thanks =)

Until 75 where you will be getting your first masteries and until you start investing some extra sp on constitution your HE will be on the "very fragile "state.Especially without the revenge mod of Incadescent skin.

Things get better when you get shield lore/constitution with a nice shield that has %block chance unlocked from the shield lore skill.

Also remember that Shadow Stepping around ,even if it is just beside a boss/champion monster , makes them get confused and just idle around sometimes.Which is a perfect chance to rain some meteors on them.

Finally as far as GI is concerned even if u reach a point where you need to eat 20 runes to level it up once it is still worth it,since you practically lower your regeneration times for "free".

You can never eat to many GI runes.

I dont mind answering any questions. As Weavelord explained the HE is very easy to kill in the early levels. And in the guide I said that it gets stronger as levels pass. This is the key power of the HE as the levels progress it simply adds to the things it is weak at. I dont recall killing much bosses at the start was saving the fun for later and as the game stands with some strange reflect abilities popping up it can be a quick trip to the RIP area for toons. So leave the bosses for later if you cant be sure you can stun them fast and avoid there attacks.

Now for the sets you found. If memory serves me right in the beginning I use a lot of forge and it wasnt even niob forge I asked around and who ever could offer me the best forge I used that. Normaly +skills amulets are always welcome.

The main armor bonus for the HE comes from its armor and its Shield they both add most of its defense. Now in what to socket what I recommend the forge to go in the gold ones since you will get the most bonus out of it right there. I doubt that the amulets will add a lot of bonus when they are +1 +2 but no harm in you testing it out. As for +damage in the ring sockets I use to this day fire damage rings that have +skills +experience or +deathblow with that fire damage. Any of them would be a good choice. As for adding fire damage rings in the sockets you can surely find something better in there if not check the damage forge if it adds more then the ring then use that.

Well your +skills will add a lot to your DAF and to your armor lore to make spending points not that big a priority till you get the extra points. And your +skills will make sure your can use armor to your level. Also check the sets you have at hand balance them out if you dont have full pyro use does that add to DAF so to help it with the CA level penalty.

im using your hunting grounds guide to level up, should I stay on silver until I get shield lore then start killing the bosses and advance to gold. Or better yet, what levels do you think a HE should be before moving onto another difficulty?

Ultimatly where you play is up to you. It all depends on how comfortable. After all its a game and you dont want it to be a burden and thinking of saving the toon every second. Thats what I did. When I moved to a different server difficulty I tested it out first with coblots and then gathered the portals all the way to thylysium to see how things go.

Something I found out the hard way.Never rush to change difficulty mode.Especially on hard core.On my HE's last incarnation I rushed gold on lvls 60-65 since I felt quite strong only to get raped by the inquisitor boss on the final chapter before the 4 guardians.

Ok, I'm new to Sacred so feel free to be condesending if this question is something blindingly obvious or thoroughly scrub-ish.

If I'm planning to have this HE as my second char and my first char just being something to run around slaughtering things and get/find/buy equipment, is it worth swapping out bargaining for something else (if so what would u suggest) as my "main" would have bargaining and be finding eqipment (shopper char if someone can explain what that entails to me ;) ) for this "alt" HE. Or is it that bargaining affects you finding items that are reasonable for the race palying?... if that makes sense >.<

Edited by Sacrimantius

Welcome to Dark Matters Sacrimantius! All questions welcomed.

You can have a second toon to parallel and in that case you wont need barg. on the main character. As for barg. the gear it will find it will in most part be for its own class but it will be able to shop other class stuff as well. As for rings and amulets which are the shoppers main goal are not class related so you wont have any problem with that.

Last if you plan to remove barg. go with Combat Discipline or Riding as best options.

Nope not a bad idea at all. As I have said many times CS gives me a change of pace that I need from time to time. Thats why is there its a fun CA that has extremely long range and fun to use. :bye:

Hello. I just started making a High Elf on the Xbox 360, and thought I would kinda follow your build.

2: Arrant Pyromancer Lore

3: Arrant Pyromancer Focus

5: Concentration

8: Delphic Arcania Focus

12: Armor Lore

18: Combat Discipline

25: Ancient magic

35: ?

50: Shield Lore

65: Constitution

Questions:

1. Why did u decide not to take Combat Discipline?

2. After playing this build for so long, have u had a change of thought on something u would have changed in the build?

I had other questions in my head late last night but I forgot..haha. I may be bugging u a bit more :4rofl:

Edited by kama64

Was planing on making my final notes when I am done with the toon. I would like to have riding simple at the stage I am forced to do quests for experience speed if of the essence for me. Plus getting more distance from the red scorpions is never bad.

2: Arrant Pyromancer Lore

3: Arrant Pyromancer Focus

5: Concentration

8: Delphic Arcania Focus

12: Armor Lore

18: Constitution

25: Ancient magic

35: Shield Lore

50: Combat Discipline

65: Riding

Hi Katran

Thanks for the awesome guide. I was following this, but I've accidently selected Spell Flow instead of Conflagration for the Silver Blazing Tempest Mod.

a) Can this be fixed?

b) Is this a major problem?

Hello Bentam7! Glad you like the guide as for your questions:

a. Cant be undone all mod selections are permanent :D thats how the game is set up.

b. Well if you ask me its kind of big you got regen. decrees which you really dont need it from this mod since you have other options for it plus the decrees is not overall to Pyro Cas but limited to BT and at the same time missed out on giving BT a nice burn boost which is the CAs main thing.

First of all - thanks for the great guide! I just got the XBox 360 version of Sacred 2 and am totally hooked. It did not take me long to realize I had hosed up my first build and your guide has given me lots of things to think about!

I have a question about item stats (I'm level 18 if that matters). I have a weapon that gives +2 to Arrant Pyromancer Focus and replaced it with a weapon that gives minus 12% to regen times for Arrant Pyromancer. I figured it would be a no brainer that the 12% would be way better than the 2-3% that +2 to Arrant Pyromancer Focus gave me. When I checked though my recharge time actually went up! Any idea why this would be the case? Was I just sleep deprived?

-Greg

Edited by Greg G