Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

Welcome to Dark Matters Greg! Glad you like Sacred 2 and have a lot of fun with it. As for this problem well its a bit strange dont know why that would happen. :Just_Cuz_21:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

First of all, great guide! I was a bit disappointed to see that the pyro elf has such attention, at first, because... well, I'm used to Diablo2 where Fire = kind of bad, with most monsters resistant to it and much of hell monsters even immune to it. So I had started building a lightning elf, and, disappointed at the fact that the cobalt strike wasn't what I had thought (something more like chain lightning in D2, more enemies hit, not just 2, maybe 3; btw, it doesn't feel like 80% chance to branch off to a new opponent - the chance for the cobalt to hit 1+3 targets is 0.512, and it sure doesn't feel like my cobalt attack hits 4 enemies more than once per two casts, in reality it only hits two targets at most) Anyway... the point is, I decided to check your guide and now I'm aiming to go from mainly DA HE to mainly pyro HE. :paladin: This build seems very nice and the guide is great.

I have a few questions though...

1. I appreciate the fact that you've suggested the proper order of skill boosting, but for someone like me, fairly new to the game, that says something, but not the most important thing: how skills should look like at end game. I've seen that someone asked a similar question and offered 75 to all skills, a few +es to some of the skills. As I see it, with such an approach, one would only be able to get 200 hard points in one skill. Is that a problem of sorts? What end-game skill configs would you recommend? Would you recommend, for instance, getting 200 hard points in both Pyro skills and thus losing mastery possibility for one of the skills?

2. This is a truly noob question and I'm sorry to bug you with it, but I kind a feel I need to know. How can you perform CAs while riding? Do you need Riding skill for that, or is it possible to cast spells while riding as well? What does one need to do to be able to cast spells while riding? I mean... so far, I've been doing something like... run run run, and when reaching a large pack of enemies, unmount, cast buffs and start the mayhem. How can you get the ability to have buffs while riding and to cast spells while riding?

3. I attempted to kill the nautilus at level 18 in silver, but... I kind of failed, in that whatever damage I was able to inflict in 1 minute, the nautilus would heal. The only spell acceptable against it was the cobalt strike, for which I have 3-4 secs of regen, with GI active, and which does something like 300 damage. Now I'm level 21, I decided to do some leveling and to turn that girl into a pyro elf with lightning back-up rather than the other way around as it is now, so it might take a few more levels to reach enough pyro skill levels for all the mods I need. I am curious though, what skill does this build use for killing bosses?

4. I still don't get combos, what are their purpose? So far they seem almost useless... Are they any good? Or do they, perhaps, start to shine, once you get Combat Discipline? What combos would you recommend for this build?

2. This is a truly noob question and I'm sorry to bug you with it, but I kind a feel I need to know. How can you perform CAs while riding? Do you need Riding skill for that, or is it possible to cast spells while riding as well? What does one need to do to be able to cast spells while riding? I mean... so far, I've been doing something like... run run run, and when reaching a large pack of enemies, unmount, cast buffs and start the mayhem. How can you get the ability to have buffs while riding and to cast spells while riding?

This at least I can answer. It sounds like you are riding a horse. To cast your spells and keep buffs active, you need your unique mount. Follow the directions here, get a wind serpent, and you'll be good to go. You will see a general increase in CA regen times if you don't take riding as a skill, but against your random trash mobs wandering the fields and roads, it isn't too much a penalty.

This at least I can answer. It sounds like you are riding a horse. To cast your spells and keep buffs active, you need your unique mount. Follow the directions here, get a wind serpent, and you'll be good to go. You will see a general increase in CA regen times if you don't take riding as a skill, but against your random trash mobs wandering the fields and roads, it isn't too much a penalty.

So it's a matter of unique mounts...

Thanks! :paladin:

I don't really like it that things are as you say, because when I tried to get my unique mount with the shadow master I was disappointed to see that it didn't have any run speed bonuses, which is my main reason, for now, for getting a mount, but... I don't know yet if the HE mount has any run speed bonus.

Anyway, it's good to know that I need my unique mount for that, thank you for your answer! :)

Edited by Tigrul

Welcome to Dark Matters Tigrul! I am happy you like my build and that you found it useful now to answer your questions:

1. As the game stands today I have the highest ranked HE of any type in the game and my HE is not done yet. For the moment I am still going for 200 so I am not done with the skill points yet. I do have ideas and plans what to do but I dont plan on posting them till I field test them. Once I reach level 200 I will add my final say on the guide so anyone else following will have the complete picture.

2. I will add here that the mounts role is one of two to ether add defense bonus or cut pyro regen time.

3. Hmm if by skills you mean Combat arts then the Pyro HE has one of the best if not the best Boss killing weapons in the game. This is Inc. Shower. This CA rains meteors that make fire/phys. damage and has one of the coolest mods which is the stun ability thus making bosses immobile.

4. Well combos are there to give a mix of CA burst. Personally with the short regen time and the quick change between CAs I dont find a use for combos I am fine with out them. One day I may try to test around with combos bot for the time being I dont find them useful.

Hope this helps if you have more questions feel free to ask. :)

Welcome to Dark Matters Tigrul! I am happy you like my build and that you found it useful now to answer your questions:

1. As the game stands today I have the highest ranked HE of any type in the game and my HE is not done yet. For the moment I am still going for 200 so I am not done with the skill points yet. I do have ideas and plans what to do but I dont plan on posting them till I field test them. Once I reach level 200 I will add my final say on the guide so anyone else following will have the complete picture.

2. I will add here that the mounts role is one of two to ether add defense bonus or cut pyro regen time.

3. Hmm if by skills you mean Combat arts then the Pyro HE has one of the best if not the best Boss killing weapons in the game. This is Inc. Shower. This CA rains meteors that make fire/phys. damage and has one of the coolest mods which is the stun ability thus making bosses immobile.

4. Well combos are there to give a mix of CA burst. Personally with the short regen time and the quick change between CAs I dont find a use for combos I am fine with out them. One day I may try to test around with combos bot for the time being I dont find them useful.

Hope this helps if you have more questions feel free to ask. :)

Thank you for your reply! :)

You haven't really answered my second question, but spotmarkedx answered to that one already, and your addition was welcome.

I only have one last request. I understand that you won't post your 200 skill config, but would you, at least, be willing to tell me if you are aiming for at least 9 skills at mastery level or for fewer skills at mastery and more at 200?

Hehe I read that you got an answer to the second questions thats why I only added to it.

As for the skill points spending if you take a look at my guide I say that you should get 9 out of 10 masteres I even give the order in which you should spend the points in them. Here I will quote that part of the guide.

Spending the skill points:

1. First thing you aim for is Lv75. What this means is that the moment you hit level 75 you need to have 3 masteries. Them being Concentration, Arrant Pyromancer Lore and Arrant Pyromancer Focus. This will give you the low regeneration time for the CAs as well as the extra boost to there damage. The final bonus being getting the 3 Buff at level 75. The remaining points that you have I strongly recommend spending in a mix of the following giving priority based on the order Delphic Arcania Focus, Bargaining, Constitution and Armor Lore.

2.Plan from level 76-109. From this point on I recommend spending the 5 points as followed. 3 Points to go in Concentration, Arrant Pyromancer Lore and Arrant Pyromancer Focus one in each. The remaining 2 points to go in first Delphic Arcania Focus[till you get mastery], Constitution.

3. From 110-.... All 5 points should go in a single skill till you get its mastery. Continue from 2 then Ancient Magic, Armor Lore, Shield Lore.

Note: If this is your first toon I strongly recommend getting Bargaining Mastery before going to 3. Since that will help greatly in you toon gear support.

If you dont understand this part pls post I will be more then happy to explain it. :)

No, I did understand that part, and I think it's great information. But I usually need to know where I'm heading. ;) I'm more interested in how the skills look like at the end, or at least some pointers on how they look like in the end. You mention bringing them to mastery and emphasize this part, and the order in which one should do that, but I'm interested in what happens after the masteries are set. I'm interested in something like... "Look how my character's skills look like at level 150" for instance. ;)

And... I do kind of have a bit of a problem in that I started out as a Cobalt Striker High Elf, and I'm rebuilding to your character idea. So the starting points aren't applicable for my high elf, unfortunately. They will be after level 75, most probably, when I have enough skill points, but for the moment, I'm very far from your suggested build, at level 23. :)

(BTW, just did a run with your Pyro hunting grounds guide... great guide! :) I've got from level 21 to 23 in just a few minutes :), it sure beats leveling up in the orclands)

~~~

Later edit:

Pfff... my high elf just died during the unique mounts quest... got entangled and killed incredibly fast. :Just_Cuz_21:

It wasn't on HC, but... meh... I hate having deaths with my chars.

So I guess a new High Elf is in order, Scânteia, your time to shine. :) (Scânteia means Spark) I guess this one will follow the Pyro guide you made. :o

Edited by Tigrul

Well that thing will come and it will be level 200 when I show the end picture of how things turned out. :o

Sorry to hear about your toon does tangle spells are the worst enemy of the HE! Enemies can be on you so fast. Thats why I never enjoyed that kind of areas. Happy you like the T. Hunting Ground it was made for a Pyro HE and the drops are good as well. Other places you may look into are Grunwald and desert after gold when your defense skills get a boost and you can handle the red scorpions. :)

I have another question. :P

My new elf, Sol, is level 29 now, and after spending almost all attribute points in vitality so far, she has 121 vitality. Is that enough to start placing points in intelligence? Also... I've chosen to place them in vitality early on, because, if I've understood how this game works... which I probably didn't :bye:, the earliest points have the biggest impact. Each turn, the character gets % of the current stat added to it, right?

Anyway, I have 121 in vitality and 160ish I intelligence. Is it recommended that I start pumping intelligence? Or should I invest some more in vitality first? I am not asking this because of current troubles, but for future development. At the moment, my char has all the spell power it needs. I just cast a random BT here and there throughout my journey and xp keeps showing up above her head. :)

And on a second note... that Fire Snake is great. :) I was reluctant to getting it because of not offering a speed bonus, but... it seems that the snake is faster than a racer horse.

BLIND GUARDIAN0_0 if you plan to to follow my guide in all then you dont need 75 point in DA lore. IF you pick something else in its place then go for 75 for that skill.

Tigrul as for vitality if you feel comfortable as it is switch to Intel. its more or less a balancing act what feels good for you. I spent very little points in the start like you in vitality then it was all on to Intel. :P

Hey... I have another question, although an answer in the area of this question has already been offered on the first page. :)

Does one really need/use DA Lore? As I see it, the only possible reason would be that at later difficulties, it MIGHT be possible for some (key) monsters to be insanely resistant/immune to fire damage, and if they're also very resistant/immune to physical damage, then the Pyro Elf is in trouble. So as I see it, the only good reason to even have DA Lore among your skills is the need for a different type of damage at later levels.

So my question is, since you're level 185ish, is there ever, in this game, need for damage types other than fire/physical?

As I've read, you've gotten this skill because you were new to the game and didn't know that DA Focus can be attained without DA Lore as well. BTW, I must congratulate you! To build such a good character and come up with this guide is a great feat, one augmented by the fact that you were a newbie when you started this character. ;)

But is there any other reason why DA Lore is there?

So my question is, since you're level 185ish, is there ever, in this game, need for damage types other than fire/physical?

Havnt found a place where one of my Pyro CAs cant deal with the monsters if its not BT then its IS and if I even need it I got AF. DL gives me a strong CS which I need from time to time to get a change of pace in the game if you take in account that the game reaches its half mark at level 140-150 dont remember I really needed a change for killing. But in truth other then that you dont need it. True this is my first character non the less in S1 I did played a GOW BM and this HE is a mirror of the one I played there. I built this toon to be as close to my old friend the BM.

BLIND GUARDIAN0_0 what I can tell you so fare is that I for sure have spent point in Pyro Lore focus and Concet. to over a 100 and got every mastery but not DL spent less then 10 points in it.

I have played some more with the HE, who is now level 47 or 48 or 49, I can't remember exactly :)

I have lost the wind serpent 4-5 times already :(, and I must say, it's so easy not to realize when your hp just dropped through the floor, and there are some monsters who do a great deal of physical damage. So, I am curious, and this isn't concerning the build itself as much as general gameplay, but... here goes: how does the armour work? If Sol has 500 physical armour and an enemy with 1000 physical damage hits her, does it mean that she takes only 500 physical damage?

Also... I've reached gold and I tried the Thylisium hunting routes, but, I was a bit disappointed :( because monsters in silver desert/jungle offered more xp than monsters in gold thylisium. I have decided to try out gold desert and jungle, but there are fewer monsters there. The orcs might be another good choice, given that they seem to drop mentor potions more often, but they grant less xp than desert/jungle monsters. The dryad lands and wastelands are kind of bad for the HE, at least from my experience so far. Wastelands seem made for tank characters, with monsters hitting hard as soon as you enter a cave. That's the most annoying thing ever... that and starting the game already under attack, near certain resurrection monoliths.

So, I was wondering... are there other routes recommended as well, for fast xp? :)

Also... what bosses would be best for the HE to attack? Or is there no preference? :)

Edited by Tigrul

Heya Kat!

sooo... haven't read the whole topic here.... BUT

What I would like to know:

can you provide CA and Buff lvls and runes read into them, and corresponding regen times:)

Thing is.... I'm getting to 0.5 on BT, and pumping buffs seems only to reduce it even further, by regen mods on Combat Arts, incandescent and GI

That feels like the point I start to read runes into Combat Arts.... lvls on my Combat Arts are 60ish.. with 1 rune read.

Any input? ty.

Greetz

Tigrul the T. Hunting ground is made to give you easy killing area the number of monster there is good for experience they may give less but there is a lot more of them then there are in desert or jungle and they respawn faster. As I said I used Desert a lot the experience is great there I start from Khorum and go left killing the red scor. desert people and people on spiders or what ever they are. You should check out Grunwald lots of people play there many many monsters good drops mid range experience.

The key for the HE is this it doesnt need to hit the monsters that have a ton of experience on them and risk its life. when it can grind a ton of monsters with less experience but in huge numbers thus improving the chance for drops. Well bosses are more or less the same. Once you hit then they are 90% of the time stun and after that is game over for them since you can just spam them with IS.

Barr you know the never ending war do I read runes or do I use +CAs to keep the regen time. The beauty about the HE is it says who cares about +CA I can read as much as l like and I still will have low regen and socket what ever I want. If I am correct your HE is now 70ih or so so it will get easier and easier with every level for you. Just for you mate here are my stats:

runes read CA level

AF

119 135.1 regen 1.5 (with 3 buff 0.2/with 3 buffs on mount 0.3)

BT

140 140.5 regen 5.2 (with 3 buff 0.8/with 3 buffs on mount 1)

IS

131 138.3 regen 4.7 (with 3 buff 0.7/with 3 buffs on mount 0.9)

IS(buff)

742 188.8

FD

733 189.4

GI

841 186.7

Heya Kat!

just the new I wanted to hear.... had figured so myself.

My He is level 85 now.... and regens are off the chart low.... must have some 50+ all CA... but it really doesnt matter....

I'll read in runes and keep regen at about 1.0.... she's quite the killing machine... very nice build.

ty for info :whistle:

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Hey Kat!

First off I want to say that ive been following this guide from day one basically and so far I like it, however im only level 47 thus far.

I do find that I am quite squishy and have a really hard time on bosses. As I surpass 75 (additional buff and more skills) does this become slightly less of a problem?

My seraphim friend keeps giving me a hard time about this squishyness =].

I noticed from an earlier quote (about 140 being the midway point) this same problem, and I hope it solves itself before then!

Thanks, and great Guide!

Edited by samoanload

Hi there.

I'm only level 52 now, so I can't tell you what's beyond 75, but I think you should already have an easy time dealing with bosses. All you need is Incendiary Shower to have a low enough regeneration time (mine has 2.2 seconds with all bonuses; could be lower, but this is manageable) and I haven't had troubles with bosses so far. Anyway, if I've understood correctly, Fire Demon, your third buff, will add a lot of damage to the fire attacks.

Hi there.

I'm only level 52 now, so I can't tell you what's beyond 75, but I think you should already have an easy time dealing with bosses. All you need is Incendiary Shower to have a low enough regeneration time (mine has 2.2 seconds with all bonuses; could be lower, but this is manageable) and I haven't had troubles with bosses so far. Anyway, if I've understood correctly, Fire Demon, your third buff, will add a lot of damage to the fire attacks.

Mines pretty quick, but they still sneak an attach through every so often, many times getting me below 20%.

I mean I have my thumb hovering over the potion button, but I can usually squeak through.

Mines pretty quick, but they still sneak an attach through every so often, many times getting me below 20%.

I mean I have my thumb hovering over the potion button, but I can usually squeak through.

1. Why don't you use the spacebar for health potions? It's definitely faster and more convenient.

2. Well... I DO have to not stay in the same place while fighting bosses. :D Others, Katran included, seem to have IS regen time so low, that they can keep a boss stunned indefinitely, to the extent of my understanding, but, if you don't, just make sure to not stay near the boss. If you're riding the Wind Serpent, it should be easy for you to get enough space between you and the boss. (If you don't have the Wind Serpent, you should get it ;):thumbsup: - I was reluctant because they offer no run speed bonus, but... it's definitely faster on the WS than on foot, and it does add to your HP)

3. You should have invested some into vitality. I might have overdone it, of course, but, my HE has 4500 HP mounted, with one of my gear setups, I think the one for magic find, and 4000 HP with another setup, probably the +all skills I.e. kill stuff setup. I mention the setups because I get +1000 HP from gear, or something like that.

~~~

Now, for a question of my own that really doesn't belong here, but... since there are frequent answers here... :viking:

Is there any difference between softcore and hardcore other than the fact that dying in hardcore = bye bye character?

Edited by Tigrul

Heya guys,

can't say my HE has the same problems... she's level 90... and never really gets damaged for more than 10-20% of her health.

The squishyness... as you name it, doesn't apply for me anymore..... I cannot tell you at what level that started... srry

Be sure that you are able to spam Blazing Tempest, and nothing will survive.... Some evade and Niob armor tinkering will help alot too. I always make sure to wear an Armor of Innocence or the other (Velaria's) around my level, with high armor and Niob smith arts. With over 12.000 armor... and some 400 hp regen/sec she really doesnt have trouble.. anywhere.

I did apply some changes....

Riding instead of bargain: extra HP, less regen etc

Incandescent skin: reflect mod

So... the short version.... get a few lvls... and your seraphim friend won't be giving you a hard time :butcher: There will be no reason for that. You'll be killing so fast, he can only follow you around :viking:

Greetz

@Tigrul: differences:) Besides he thrill? No not really.... Though you'll always have your SB, which it pretty important.

@Samon: having IS regen low is very important.... you should be able to right click a boss once with it, keep the mouse button down, and keep the shower going till the boss is no more.

Edited by Barristan