Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

I have another question.

I have just noticed that with enough +skills, concentration, not mastered, grants me the possibility of having 3 active buffs at the same time.

Do I still need to struggle to have concentration mastery when I reach 75? Or does this thing change a few variables and allows me to master something else first?

~~

Pfff... my HE just died. :pitcher:

I hate the damn wastelands. You just enter/exit one of those many caves and you're surrounded, and bam... you get killed before you even realize what you're dealing against. :( It's extremely annoying, the Wastelands part of the game was made for melee characters. I just don't understand how to get out of there without dying. I barely pulled it off in silver, but... in gold I died. level 59, 5500 HP, 800 physical armour.

Do you have any advice for a HE in that part of the game?

Edited by Tigrul

Hiya Tigrul, sorry about your bad luck in the wastelands; personally Ive never had a problem with that area and Im currently in Niob. If its a lag issue, I dont know what to tell you... Have you tried potion spamming? I find my SS+IS combo super useful when Im surrounded, try it out and see what happens.

To answer your former question, I believe they removed temp skill masteries in 2.40 (?) and you can gain a mastery only from hard skill points, atleast that is the case for the console games.

Hope I helped, have fun. :sweating:

Well... I'm kind of afraid to go try again in the wastelands, but next time I'm there, I'll try your method. I think I'll also lose all the +skills gear when I'm there and go for chance to block, chance to evade, max hitpoints, defense, armour. :sweating: The only other curiosity I still have is... what char level were you when you did gold wastelands? Was I too "young" at 60ish?

As for the temp mastery removal: thank you for the info. I'm still playing 2.34 for now, because I've got a busy period and want a game to unwind. Installing various Sacred 2 stuff takes too much time, which I'm unwilling to lose right now. :P But if it's fixed, I guess I'll get 2.40, maybe this week-end. Thank you!

Hi guys!

I recently started playing this game, it really has me hooked now and I am looking to start going through the campaigns with a friend starting tomorrow. (I haven't even been outside Tyr Lysia yet :))

So, after poking around a bit with the various classes and builds I decided to play Pyro HE while my friend plays as SW.

Moving on to the point, I am way to lazy to find out for myself what the best build is, so I decided to go with this one.

However, being a nogood know-it-all kind of messerschmidt, I refuse to conform to following guides blindly, so here a a few quick questions to get me started:

1: What are the exact benefits of Bargaining? The gain displayed in your charts seems ridiculous.

2: I'm not really into getting Cobalt Strike, mainly because I don't consider the spell "fun". Is it needed in certain situations, or just a flavor? If the latter does that mean that I can grab some other skill then Delphic Arcania Lore?

3: Why should I not get Combat Discipline? It seems useful, could you enlighten me on the subject?

4: The Gold mod on Incandescent Skin, what does it do? does it increase the damage Incandescent Skin deals, or all Fire damage while the buff is active?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by glaglablarg

Let me answer what I can on the bargaining at least...

1: What are the exact benefits of Bargaining? The gain displayed in your charts seems ridiculous.

The benefits to bargaining (if you maintain it at a high level) are indeed significant for at least as far as I've played (through to 80, now in Niobium). I play one bargainer and one without. The bargainer has the ability to find a number of things to purchase at the merchants, most notably jewelry with good abilities (the armour and shield can be quite good too, but they fight with set or rare items). At low levels, this is mostly +All Skills and +Combat Arts. In my mid forties to fifties, I was seeing +4 or +5 all skill rings and amulets with a bargainer, but never without the skill. With the ability to wear six pieces of jewelry, and slot more into equipment at the blacksmith, this means that even a skill left at one point was actually quite effective (with an effective level in the 60's or 70's). My Seraphim had a much harder time of it - nice jewelry doesn't drop as much as I might have hoped. Now that I have the two at roughly the same level, my Seraphim benefits from the use of the Hero Chest :)

2: I'm not really into getting Cobalt Strike, mainly because I don't consider the spell "fun". Is it needed in certain situations, or just a flavor? If the latter does that mean that I can grab some other skill then Delphic Arcania Lore?

The guide and in the posts after I state that DA lore is for me and to give me a bit of change of pace. If you dont like it you can take some other skill.

3: Why should I not get Combat Discipline? It seems useful, could you enlighten me on the subject?

It is useful adds more damage nothing bad in it.

4: The Gold mod on Incandescent Skin, what does it do? does it increase the damage Incandescent Skin deals, or all Fire damage while the buff is active?

Yes it adds more damage to Inca. Skin.

Better merchant gear- Most people do it for the +all skill rings/ necks for jewelry slots and silver/gold sockets in other gear, which is a pain to farm for.

Ill answer both at the same time. Cobalt strike is just for a change of pace in Kats' build, hence the DA lore. If you dont plan on maxing HP regen on GI, then definitely go with CD. Adds damage and you can throw any spell into a combo and the regen goes down a bit more, allowing for more skills to be read to hit your desired regen time (Imo Kats 1.1 sec (mounted) is perfect to aim for)

Both. Currently with 115 runes read on Inc skin (not including +aspect from gear) with the gold mod my BT dot jumps from 14.7k (without) to 18k (with). Mind you Im way over the penalty limit (Something like 106.5 compared to the level 79 from my focus) but it doesnt matter at all; doesnt really affect my spells negatively.

Hope I helped, cheers :P

hey everyone ,

great guide for the HE build , im currently a 45 seraphim , and im going to start a HE and use your guide for it Kat...I get the build and everything

but what I still dont get is the rune reading LOL....thats still confused the heck out of me...sorry LOL

what I mean is if I have IS at level 1 how many runes can I read without getting penalized?....

or if I have it higher...again how many runes can you read without the penalty , etc...

much help would be appreciated

thank you

hey everyone ,

great guide for the HE build , im currently a 45 seraphim , and im going to start a HE and use your guide for it Kat...I get the build and everything

but what I still dont get is the rune reading LOL....thats still confused the heck out of me...sorry LOL

what I mean is if I have IS at level 1 how many runes can I read without getting penalized?....

or if I have it higher...again how many runes can you read without the penalty , etc...

much help would be appreciated

thank you

HERE is the wiki page describing how the 'level without penalty' works. Also, raising the level of most Combat Arts raises that skill's regen times, or in the case of most buffs, the regen times of ALL other Combat Arts. Incandescent Skin lowers the AP aspect's regen times but significantly raises the regen times of the other two aspects. When you're looking at the Combat Arts details screen, it should display what will change if you read one more rune to level it up. Yeah, the skill gets better, but at the cost of regen times in most cases. If you start leveling up a buff carelessly you could find yourself with astoundingly high regen times of your skills, which could simply destroy your character's effectiveness while using the buff.

Hope that helps a little.

Hey Mac welcome to Dark Matters. I am happy you like my guide.

As for your question I have explain it in detail on page 3 of this topic. scroll down on page 3 and you will see a long post made by me it should explain what you asked in full. :D

ok 1 more question ..... do I just learn arront pyromancer lore first?

and leave the other skills until later?

because at the moment I have 3 points in arront pyromancer lore im only level 3 HE because I just started it , and want to take my time so I dont mess up

Hey Katran new to the forums here and I just hit level 75, well for everytime I hit every 5 lvls I always put points to Vit. Should I stop doing that now and put INT all the way?

ok 1 more question ..... do I just learn arront pyromancer lore first?

and leave the other skills until later?

Certain things are a matter of personal preference. However, I think you should aim for having concentration, arrant pyromancer lore and arrant pyromancer focus all mastered when you're level 75. That being said, I for one prefer AP Focus, I think it offers better results than AP Lore, and you have enough damage anyway. As soon as you get at least 2 skill point allocations available each level up, pump 1 in focus and 1 in lore. Very soon, you should have both AP Lore and AP Focus at your level, and you should do your best to get that. (I.e. if you have 3 skill points for each level up, and you have 27 APL and 26 APF and you've just levelled up to 28, add 1 in APL and 2 in APF)

So... always make sure that APL and APF are so high that you no longer have a plus sign near them, whenever you have enough skill points. When you get to more than 2 skill points per level, you should add concentration to that mix: you always want Concentration, APL and APF to be as high as your level. (without bonuses)

Hey Katran new to the forums here and I just hit level 75, well for everytime I hit every 5 lvls I always put points to Vit. Should I stop doing that now and put INT all the way?

Hey xAyoFoolx and welcome to the forum. You can stop putting points in vitality now since at level 75 you should have spent all the points you need there and go for intelligence. At that level you have constitution and with help from GI your HP will be on good position from now on. :)

ok thank you tigrul....

and thank you everyone for the help....

also one more thing , then back to building...I havent put anything into stats yet , I mean I havent put anything into INT or VIT

because which do I go for first....do I put into VIT first or go INT?

also does it matter if I read other spell runes?....I mean I only have AF at the moment I havent read any other runes yet

and I have a bunch of them LOL

Edited by mac121
also one more thing , then back to building...I havent put anything into stats yet , I mean I havent put anything into INT or VIT

because which do I go for first....do I put into VIT first or go INT?

also does it matter if I read other spell runes?....I mean I only have AF at the moment I havent read any other runes yet

and I have a bunch of them LOL

Start with more vital. at first but do a mix of them then jump only to Intelg.

And feel free to read all the different runes but dont read the same rune CAs as first you dont want to add to many levels on those runes thus getting the regen to high at the start.

Pff... I've died again ;) And this time it happened because of my stupidity/overconfidence. I was simply standing still and throwing IS on the first dragon one fights against in the light campaign and I simply forgot to drink potions. :)

This time I'll start again. It is kind of annoying, though ;), this will waste me a lot of time. How much does it usually take you to get to level 75? I've gotten to 70 in something like 1 day and 12 hours or so.

Hey Kat, I've been following your build on the 360 for a little while now (at level 58) and I'm begining to wonder what I should take each skill to?

I was thinking something like:

Concentration - 86-106

AP Lore - 140-150

AP Focus - 140-150

DA Lore - 75

Armour Lore - 75

Bargaining - 75

DA Focus - 75

Constitution- 75

Ancient Magic - 75

Shield Lore - 75

But would that be good enough to survive on niobium etc? What would you advise?

Thanks.

Well all I can say is I wouldnt go for DA Lore mastery since does points would be more useful else where. Since DA is not your main CA weapon of choice. I will be making my final notes on the guide later today so you can recheck it later today to see what my ideas are. :thumbsup:

Guide is complete added skill points spending once you get everything you want mastered and add skill and attribute look at level 200.

Guide is complete added skill points spending once you get everything you want mastered and add skill and attribute look at level 200.

Grats on 200!!

Thank you very much for the guide. For my personal tweaks to the build I plan to skip DA Lore, then all other listed skills move up in order and take Enhanced Perception as my last skill. Also, I took the root-breaking bronze mod on Shadow Step as that rooting thing seemed like it could be a major roblem down the line.

Thank you again, having a fiery blast with me pyromaniac elfishness,

banditCK2