• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#281 Dobri

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• Fellowship
  • 1,459 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Actually, the damage Fuzznug has is pretty decent for level 78. With this damage he should be able to drop the guardians in no time and kill bosses for fun. As for Ancestral Fireball, I don't know how often Fuzznug is using it, as Blazing usually eats it but damage vs regen seems ok.
My Signature

Char status:

Taerima, level 80 Guardian

Bai Dobchan, level 80 Elementalist

Dobchan level 80 Ranger

Master Crafter

#282 lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,258 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

I only used Fireball in the caves beneath Seraphim Island where Blazing Tempest works poorly.

With Glacial Thorns, I shoot for a 0.9 regen which seems to be about equal to the animation. I assumed Fireball had a similar animation time.
My Signature

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#283 FuZzNuG

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • PSN ID:FuZzNuG-

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

I have never gotten a fire HE that high, so I cannot really comment on your damage. What caught my eye was the regen for Ancestral Fireball. That seems a little low to me. Have you compared the regen vs the animation time?

Uh.. Honestly I dont know.. I've mastered concentration and both arrant pyro focus/lore.. I have +72 to all skills from rings, amulets, and socs.. I need to eat some more runes I guess.. The ancestrial fireball pretty much has no regen visually.. Takes about 5-8 of them to kill garcollossus on platinum.
My Signature

Asus P8Z77 V-Pro
i5-3570k 3.4gHZ
Asus HD 7870
4x G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB RAM
Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair 750w PSU
Hyper 212evo Heatsink

Windows  7 Home Premium

#284 lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,258 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

If Fireball works for you, then do not mess with it. In the event you are looking at getting a little more damage out of it, you might be able to get by with a slightly higher regen.

Edited by lujate, 05 January 2012 - 07:02 PM.

My Signature

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#285 Phoenix

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Platform:PS3
  • PSN ID:PhoenixKnight

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm thinking I want Enhanced Perception. I need to drop something. It sounds like it will probably be Shield Lore or Delphic Lore. Thoughts?
My Signature

Current character: Pyromancer High Elf (lv 17)
Highest character: Archangel Seraphim (lv 101)
Author of Children of Sun and Moon

#286 lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,258 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

I would drop Delphic Lore. You still have Delphic Focus to improve GI and Expulse Magic.

I am currently doing a similar build. I dropped Delphic Lore and Bargaining, and took Combat Discipline and Spell Resistance. But neither Combat Discipline nor Spell Resistance will be of great value to you, since you play ps3.
My Signature

#287 Phoenix

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • PSN ID:PhoenixKnight

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Thanks, lujate.

I like the idea of Lore combining with GI to and Constitution to give massive life regen... But I haven't played much past level 100 before, so I was worried chance to block (from Shield) would be better late game.

BTW, I've been away for a while. Why have so many people's avatar's become Santas?
My Signature

Current character: Pyromancer High Elf (lv 17)
Highest character: Archangel Seraphim (lv 101)
Author of Children of Sun and Moon

#288 lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,258 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

I have taken a HE into Platinum but have never made it over 100.

These two builds both use Delphic Focus without Lore, so I figure it will be OK:
http://www.sacredwik...immortal'_toons
http://www.sacredwik...e_(Ice_&_Blood)

The Christmas avatars are leftovers from the Christmas theme the forum had over the holidays.
My Signature

#289 Mid*

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 2 posts
  • PSN ID:c0k1cH

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hey guys,I just want to ask can I use this build on the PS3 version of the game?

#290 lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,258 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Welcome aboard Mid*!

This build predates the Ice and Blood expansion, so it should be fine for ps3.
My Signature

#291 Mid*

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 2 posts
  • PSN ID:c0k1cH

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thank you for the answer,I am just level 7 but I really enjoy the game :)

#292 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,506 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just saw your post here Mid, Lujate's fast with answers, so I'll just say...

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

#293 Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,163 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yup gonna echo gogo here and welcome you to the forums....glad you found us and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

#294 mazey

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 2 posts
  • PSN ID:mazedx

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ancestral Fireball "This is the CA that will be your early levels best friend. Get the silver and gold mods at the same time. Its a bit hard to fight with the 2 ball mod."
*Bronze: Greek Fire
*Silver: Fusillade
*Gold: Globe

ok the ps3 names are different and since there isnt any description could someone please tell me what ps3 mods I need here. basically do I want 1 big ball or multiple balls.

if I take points out of Delphic Lore for Combat Discipline is 12 enuff or should I reduce points from something else. it doesnt say when to put points here also at what step.

Edited by mazey, 17 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#295 Aegis

Prince of Helium

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • PSN ID:FauxKarma

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Been a while since I played the game and touched the pyro elf, but last I checked, the mods are the same on PC and PS3.  However, Katran likely mixed up the silver and gold mods, thus the silver mod should be globe, and gold mod should be fusillade.  Here be the wiki entry for Ancestral Fireball, complete with the mods and descriptions.

As for whether it be better to have multiple fireballs or a gigantic ball, it really comes down to preference more than anything else.  Truth be told, between BT, IS, and AF, I prioritize modding BT and IS, and care very little about AF itself.  My personal preference, I would rather have a single giant fireball over multiple fireballs that may or may not hit the target all at once, since the damage of the individual fireballs when choosing fusillade would end up being divided.

My Signature

T3h 4rT15t 1z k1uk1n 8uTZ!11!1oneone

#296 mazey

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 2 posts
  • PSN ID:mazedx

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

thanks for that, I just got the game and didnt even know about it till when I seen it and bought it so I guess I get to enjoy it all for the first time even though its 4 years after release. liking it so far I am playing silver difficulty because bronze was too easy it let me continue off on level 7 so I was happy about that.

#297 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,506 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Ancestral Fireball "This is the CA that will be your early levels best friend. Get the silver and gold mods at the same time. Its a bit hard to fight with the 2 ball mod."
*Bronze: Greek Fire
*Silver: Fusillade
*Gold: Globe

ok the ps3 names are different and since there isnt any description could someone please tell me what ps3 mods I need here. basically do I want 1 big ball or multiple balls.

if I take points out of Delphic Lore for Combat Discipline is 12 enuff or should I reduce points from something else. it doesnt say when to put points here also at what step.

Mazey, hi

here to say hi, and happy you've lucked upon one of the best threads for a fire build elf in the multiverse

Enjoy your stay here in our happy abode...

welcome to Darkmatters!

:)

gogo

#298 Robi Dean

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Platform:XBOX
  • Gamertag:psiguy3
  • PSN ID:psiguy3

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Using this build and so far love it to death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users