Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

My HE got 1 shoted by the final namesless guardian on bronze difficulty and now I am resarting it with a more solid build ,since I tried some level 200 blank savegames I found and a stash filledwith runes.

My plan is to get revenge and fire ardor and put all my point on vitality for more hp and regen , while splicing a bit to INT allthough not sure about that yet.

My HE got 1 shoted by the final namesless guardian on bronze difficulty and now I am resarting it with a more solid build ,since I tried some level 200 blank savegames I found and a stash filledwith runes.

My plan is to get revenge and fire ardor and put all my point on vitality for more hp and regen , while splicing a bit to INT allthough not sure about that yet.

I have never had any problems with them since they are always stunned from Inc. Shower but after this happened level 167 seraphim it seems that the final one has some strange reflect that is still being tested that can one shot kill tank toons let alone a High Elf. So it should be wise to stay away and see how the research develops on that final guardian.

Welcome to FDM Giard! I am glad you like my HE build and that it is helping you minimize mistakes.

As for the question. I answered somewhere I think dont know where but Damage lore is a very good choice. So you are right on track. That will help a lot with the BT burn. Have fun with it.

Hello again!

I've just checked and it seems Damage Lore is a secondary offensive skill, meaning I would have to take a Weapon Lore skill before...this seems like a waste of a skill slot, so I will take Combat Discipline instead to increase damage.

I have another question for you..

Would you do more damage with Incendiary Shower if it were modded like this? More meteors, more chance to stun, and more chance to crit. Intensity seems more or less important, as BT will be used against moving mobs, and Incendiary Shower against slow moving or not moving at all bosses. Stun seems like a lock for Bronze mod.

* Skull Smash - Chance to stun opponents on impact. (30% + 0.3% per CA level chance of stunning)

* Continuity - Increases Incendiary Shower duration. (increases number of meteors)

* Devastation - Increases the chance of inflicting critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

Well heres the reasons behind the choices.

The silver mod:

Smoking Rock gives you more phy. damage with it more damage for every meteor while Continuity gives longer shower and more meteors. Since I have a low regen time of at my level of 1sec I dont have any problems with duration since I spam IS and get that way longer duration so how long a single cast lasts make no difference as for more meteors well adding meteors is not a big thing for me since you get more meteors over time with more levels anyways and being able to spam IS means it will be little difference so thats why I went with smoking rock and adding more damage to a single hit is always good and this way it doesnt come from gear.

Gold mod:

Intensity means meteors fall faster so if you hit a moving target you need them to fall faster since there is no guaranty that the 1th or second meteor will stun the target. Devastation on the other hand gives you crit chance which you can always get from your gear so no need in my eyes to spend it on a mod when you can get this else where.

Hope this helps you why I chose what for IS mods. :P

Thanks for this guide, I've been a lurker since I got this on the 360 and have been using this guide as well as the self-efficient pyro guide to build up a pyro of my own.

I have a couple of questions though.

1. Since I have a bargain shopper (TG utility build) I plan on skipping bargaining. Instead I was going to pick up riding and to unlock EP. I thought this would be a good idea for a single aspect build, I can get the pyro unique mount and with enough points in riding, further help the regen rates (am I correct in thinking that with enough riding points I will actually overcome the riding regen penalty and in fact get a -% to CA regen? Also Riding at mastery will eventually add a +Speed bonus to the unique mount right? I think I'm reading the sacred wiki correctly on that)

So my build would look something like this....

2. Pyro Lore

3. Concentration

5. Pyro Focus

8. Delphic Focus

12. Armor Lore

18. Riding

25. EP

25. Constitution

50. Ancient magic

65. Shield lore

So far I'm only at 5 and things are picking up since I modded the fireball for 2 balls, extra burn, and hot pursuit. Regen times are a little high but still managable until I can start modding Incandecent skin and GI which shouldn't take much longer. If I had it to do over, I'd have held off on concentration a bit since having inandecent skin actually increases regen times until you can get it modded, as it is I get slightly better regen with it off and just running GI, oh well, it's a minor mistake and will work itself out soon as I can mod the inc skin for better regen.

You recommend intelligence and eventually intel + vitality. This makes perfect sense to me but I'm reading some folks who suggest that the intel bonus to spell damage isn't that significant and that you actually get more benefit from going 50/50 stamina/vitality. What are your thoughts? I personally wonder if I can get away with just pumping intel and not even worrying about vitality...

Welcome to Dark Matters Althax! I am happy you registered and that you like my guide. Ok now about your questions.

I havnt used ridding but I am sure that you will be able to over come the mount penalty by using it. My HE is currently 177 and the penalty that I get from my mount is 0.2sec. and I dont use the pyro mount but the defense mount(I like blue a lot more thats why I picked it at the time :4rofl: ) so if I am able to close the margin to that you should be able to do it even easier with ridding.

The only change that I would make and this is based on your playing independence is get EP at 18 constitution at 25 and Riding at 35. Since you could surely use EP sooner to get some sets and uniques and constitution is never to early to take for does extra HP.

Now for that attribute choice. Dont know who this people are but simply put they are wrong. Take it from me all I know at this point is HE I only live and think HE. The HE built good will never I mean never need to get regen. time help from attribute points. Would you do wrong if you go all the way with Inteleg. not in my mind so going that way wont be a bad call but to sacrifice Intel. in favor of stamina is a really really bad call. After all as base you got GI and IS they alone are masters at cutting regen anything else you get from gear is just extra. This build of mine is a long term build planed to be played in niob and to survive it. So if your plans are long term by all means go with Intel.

Hope that helps mate. :)

Thanks for the reply, I would gladly take EP earlier but I believe it's a secondary skill for the HE so you need 5 points in another general skill to open it up. I'm still debating between riding and bargaining, I love bargaining on my TG but I know most of the stuff he finds in shops are TG items, it would be nice to find HE items easier by having her with her own bargain skill... course then Does every character need it? Ugh.

The pyro mount actually appears to start with lower pyro regen than the CA penalty so I may not need the riding skill... though the speed bonus is tempting....

As for attributes, yeah I'll stick with mostly intel and probably some vitality here or there. Thank you, it didn't seem right what others were stating but I have no idea how helpful intelligence actually is with damage so couldn't really argue.

True about EP being a secondary skill and that why you will need to get ridding first.

Heres what I can add about ridding. I am level 177 the experience penalty is starting to take its tall and now I am doing a chain of quests to get faster experience then from grinding. Now at this point I find my self talking to the mount go faster go faster since I would really like to be able to do the quest faster that way getting the experience faster. In truth since your toon is young you have to ask your self do you plan to play it to 200? do you think that you will be able to hold up the long grind in Niob? Will you ever need more speed just for getting around faster?

based on this you will be able to decide if you need riding or not. As for barg. I havnt seen a toon that in truth could say I dont want it if you offer everyone an extra skill option for barg. every player would go for it in my opinion since you could never have to much +skills amulets and ring in my opinion. :4rofl:

Alright, I still have a long time to decide as I'm still building up the TG and waiting for the 360 version to get blacksmithing fixed so I can really take advantage of socketing those extra + all skill rings and ammies. I'm leaning more towards getting bargain as having +skills on this build in particular is so effective and I need the right kind of gear for that.

Thanks Katran

Hello Katran, great HE pyro guide, I've been enjoying it.

Quick question, the BT mod silver choices. I'm debating going with the regen (33% increase) silver mod over the burn one. My logic behind this would be that I can pump more runes into BT to up damage while still keeping regen times low (1.1-1.2s range). What are your thoughts on that, I realize the burn element is a good chunk of damage (41% increase), but with a higher level CA, wouldn't I get more initial burst damage as well as a higher DOT component?

Welcome to FDM Xender! Glad you like my build and you find it useful.

Now about the silver mod on BT. I strongly recommend you dont do that. Heres my thinking behind it. BT is built as a CA for the burn to be stronger then the main hit. More or less the main hit damage is like a bonus. The way of thinking here is you need to stack the burn damage with spamming BT and not spam for the main wave to kill.

Why is this? The answer is that if you have to think of the main hit then you have to think more of sticking around looking for the monsters and not thinking of maneuvering avoiding and planing you next move which is the blessing of BT. Will you ever think at one point I needed more BT regen cut the answer would be no. I am at level 178 and I have a BT with regen of 1sec. and I dont have a single head ack if BT will go up to a regen of 1.1.

Plus the 41.7% increase in burning damage is added to the base of the BT burn of your level so with every rune or level added to BT the 41.7% gets bigger which is a serious thing.

In the end it all comes down to the burn damage this is the games best mod killer now I am amazed at the damage BT can make. It has 28K damage for me at the moment and BT at 1sec regen. so think of it in 3-4 sec you can have 3-4 waves active and the mob in the 5 sec. will get a stacked damage of over 110K damage and thats a lot so a full server with 6-7 people BT really shines as a mob annihilator. :)

Hey there Katran.

Great guide. Just starting out and it was a massive help. Firstly just want to let you know that a poster on gamefaqs has copy pasted this over there, hopefully its taken down by now or given you credit at least.

level 22 now and would like your advice.

My build is pretty much the same as yours except ive been putting points into stamina. Are the extra points in intel worth it at higher lvls? I've heard that its pretty negliable due to the automatic base increase and its better to go with vit or stam. What are your thoughts on this?

Also with the IS mods I went with revenge and fiery ardour as I thought this would be great in defence.

Also really having a hard time with the ancient fireball mods trying to decide the silver and gold. Thinking globe and hot pursuit as two spilt fireballs doesnt seem that good of an idea. Do they usually connect? Seeing as BT will take out mobs anyway wouldnt one more powerful fireball be better to take out the stronger enemies left?

OK thanks for the guide and your help

Hi again.

sorry for posting questions you.ve already answered just missed them

Ive got a pretty good understanding of the all the mechanics now so I might start over with my HE. Intell I understand now is the way to go.

The only other thing is the final skill. Now im taking everything in your guide except del lore as its a waste. So im thinking combat discipline over damage lore. There is a base damage bonus and a good reduction in regen times with it and you can just have the one CA as a combo.

what do you htink?

I'd keep going with my toon but I took revenge and fiery ardour....its the ardour one I really regret might keep the revenge mod in as you could get the reflection up pretty high. If I just took the one gold regen mode would it still decrease my regen times a fair bit

Hello and welcome to Dark Matters Atticus Finch! Hope you like our forum here and all the info on Sacred 2! Happy you like my guide and now about what you asked.

As for the guide on gamesfaq I was aproached not long ago about using parts of my guide I answered as long as I am given credit for it and a link is places to here where my guide was originally posted at my clans forum I had no problem with it. I dont mind my work being sheared around for more people to have access to it as long as credit and a link is added.

Now to your build questions.

About the attribute points. I will answer here in more detail about my experience and my views on it since it is obvious there are many discussions on this(for me it was a no brainer :) ).

Stamina-Decreases the general regeneration time of combat arts

Vitality-Increases overall hitpoints and reduces their regeneration time

Intelligence- CA damage bonus and spells intensity

I will start with vitality how much and why? If anyone would chose to use it it should be in the early levels by the time you get constitution. After you get constitution there is no more any point in spending points in vitality since constitution will do it for you and the HP regen will be mostly covered from GI.

Stamina cuts down regen time Why get it? no clue I really dont get why a pyro HE would get it. Regen time is never a problem for a Pyro HE he has both IS and GI to do that for him. And I know this since I am level 178 my HE has not a single CA with a regen higher then 1sec and I have hit CA penalty levels quite some time ago.

Intelligence last but not list. Make more damage and make sure CA hits with full force. What else would you need from all 3 you have HP covered regen covered and you get a chance for more damage? Its a no brainer if you ask me.

Now you asked about AF. As you said you are level 22 so isnt your BT begining to take semi or full active role. If so then forget about AF its days of use are long gone. The mods I used on AF are what I liked most what made the early levels of the game more easier for me. Unlike other CAs for AF you can go what ever you like maybe I need to add that to the main guide. :) To this day AF for me was something to use till BT becomes field ready to use once that happened I retired AF.

About combat discipline over damage lore you dont have a choice here since damage lore is a secondary for a HE so it must be combat discipline.

As for the other toon dont let it go to waste make it a learning experience if nothing else test your own version of AF and see how it feels to your game play.

As for the IS mods I stick with my mods they work wonders for me. The HE will get hit no matter how much you try to reduce the chance. To deal with hits I have my gear to thank to since its the thing that guards me. From my CAs I expect a regen cut fast casting and lots of damage. Its worked till now and I cant see any problems till 200.

Hope that helps if not shoot and I will answer. :tease:

first of all, awesome build katran, I played and tested it and finished silver campaign, but to my dissapointment my character was very weak against bosses, and ended up dying too fast.

I just have a couple of questions since I plan to remake a new HE.

I would just like to know what to socket armors with? + skill or + to combat art( blazing tempest, and in shower)? or + to fire dmg

Should I keep my main Combat Arts like BT and IShower at 1 rune read, and then socket armor with + to BT and IS, as much as I can so it still meets the 1.1s regen?

Also the buffs ISkin and GI, fire demon, should I read as many runes as I can just as long as it doesnt go over the "Highest level without penalty" from the AP focus and Dephic Focus skill, or can I read as many as I can?

Also what do you suggest about the defense. If I increase armor lore does that help the defense?

Overall the build is solid, damage wise theres no problem killing mobs and bosses, but the survivabilty lacks a lot for me, is there any way I can make up for the lack of defense other than getting those items you suggested, because those items seem very hard to get.

Neways apprecitiate you're answers thanks!

Welcome to Dark Matters SkyLeonHart! Hope you have a great time here on the forum and am happy you like the build.

Now about the survival bonus. If you take a look at the way the skills are taken an as I have pointed out on many times this build is made to be stronger as the levels pass. I think that many people dont get what I mean by this. Take this in experience terms. Half of the total experience your toon can get is reached somewhere around level 140. So if that would be the half mark of a toons life and the time it will spend active then a toon in silver or gold is still young. Now I my self in silver and gold just crashed mobs killed bosses and dragons with others and passed this levels as fast as I can since I never find them that challenging. The build reflects that based on its skills since its defense is taken later. Why did I do this in a way being more at risk at the early levels gives you a great chance to explore all the ways you can use BT and IS to best advantage build tactics of moving and casting based on the situation. Once you get used to tactical play the added defense in plat and niob is just a bonus for your great skill by this stage in a way defense against lag and game bugs.

As for the Items the pyro set is not that hard to collect. Dont know what platform you are playing on but people on the PC HC are very kind and give away a lot of items. So getting the set should not be much of a trouble.

As to what to put in here is what I have always dont. In the early levels lets say to around 30-40 I didnt have much luck with amulet with +skills so what was most accessible for me was forge or better said Niob forge. So I used it to full advantage. In truth at does levels well not just does throught most of the game you will find little to no things that will rival niob forge. So getting that extra defense damage and regen. time get it from someone that ca niob or plat forge your gear for you and if you got amulets with +skills put them in there. For CA+ to this day I get bonus to CA+ is from the set and only my weapon never used any +CA rings always used runes since wasting the sockets I had on getting CA levels up when I had a noter option to achieve it was a waste. Sure do it lets say till level 30 with some +to CAs rings or gear to help with the regen time but once you are able to get that regen time low then read some runes and get on with forging some more useful stuff in the gear.

Now for the buffs you can always read the extra runes for them no side effects just balance the FD since you dont want its CA regen+ to pass the CA regen- of the other 2 buffs.

Last for the gear your main defense comes from the armor and the shield they are the 2 items that give 80% if not more of your defense. So the only way to get your defense up is with some other armor and shield that have a lot of defense and put niob forge in your slots. That should get your toon to survive does levels.

And about bosses I find it that 99% of the time they are stunned from IS thats what all Pyro HE do to bosses and a stunned boss doesnt do damage to you. Dont know what else to say apart from target well and keep the distance from the boss just in case. :unsure:

Hope this helps. :(

Well I mostrly agree with all the above but IS mods.

It seems that silver and gold mods are quite a tough decision to make.Katran went the -% regen way I went with revenge and damage.

I am level 68 HC @ gold and just reached the swamps.

And I can praise the existence of revenge IS mod.Has saved my but enough times to make it a must mod on IS even if my timers might be a tiny bit bigger.

Last time it saved I was on the final dungeon where u teleport from a pad to a room full of temple guardins shooting and meleeing you the moment you spawn there.Revenge mod clearly shined at that room since most attacks got reflected /stopped.

Maybe I am a bit too anal about protection but I believe it all comes down on your gameplay.

It surely is a tough decision imo.

Anyone know about what level of IS before the pyro regen bonus overtakes the buff regen penalty? At early level I pumped IS a little much and I"m not sure how far I have to go before it'll pay off and actually reduce pyro regen times. If nobody knows then I can keep an eye on it and get a good estimate at what level it improves regen times.

Edit:

I paid close attention to my buff regen penalties and bonus when I lvled to 18 and noticed that the points I put into the pyro focus skill decreases the overall buff penalty. So I surmise that further points into the focus skill will bring that down while more runes in IS will buff up the regen bonus to pyro skills. At some point the two numbers will cross and more IS runes will give a better bonus when you keep the focus skill at level.

Edited by Althax

by taking revenge and damage your IS will give some defense but at the end of the day the HE is not a tank toon thats why we have Seras and Dryads. And by losing the regen mods to defense mods your only options for regen cut is GI and when you add FD then you might be having some serious problems with regen later on. As for the swamp thats the most dangerous area in the game and a fire HE cant use BT there. The way I used to fight there is IS and cast it over the toon that way when monsters come next to me they get zapped by it and get stunned if not killed in the first seconds.

As for at what level the take over happens of regen - I wouldnt know it was some months ago when it happened for my toon. :o

by taking revenge and damage your IS will give some defense but at the end of the day the HE is not a tank toon thats why we have Seras and Dryads. And by losing the regen mods to defense mods your only options for regen cut is GI and when you add FD then you might be having some serious problems with regen later on. As for the swamp thats the most dangerous area in the game and a fire HE cant use BT there. The way I used to fight there is IS and cast it over the toon that way when monsters come next to me they get zapped by it and get stunned if not killed in the first seconds.

As for at what level the take over happens of regen - I wouldnt know it was some months ago when it happened for my toon. :o

I'm curious, those stats for the IS that you posted, was that with +skills gear or was that naked? I'd be interested in knowing if the CA will naturally increase the pyro regen rate over the penalty with just runes and skill points or if +skill points are needed to attain that.

Not sure about which post you meant so here are the newest data:

With out gear

IS 137lv

49.3 +

86.1 -

GI 127lv

70 -

FD 130lv

43 +

Heya,

getting close to freeing a character slot. This looks like fun! Nicely written guide there Kat. :D

What I would like to know is:

this toon uses bargaining. Since I already have 3 toons using the skill... I can get gear at different levels. Would you still advise to keep bargaining? If not, what would be the/your first choice for the open skill?

I'll be trying this build out soon.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Hello Katran, Well Im a new member here, and I just wanted to say that I love your guide...also it's nice to see someone who has taken the time to play a high elf all the way to niobium and not die. Anyway just wanted to ask you if you ever thought of doing an Ice high elf? The only 2 skills you would need to switch out would be to replace the arrant pyro lore/focus to mystic stormite lore/focus, is this correct?

Barr if you are thinking of removing barg. then I recommend the following.

Dont take barg and dont take Delphic Arcania Lore. This one is for my pleasure only I have stated it in the guide as something to give me a change of pace from time to time mostly in the beginning. What I would add in this twos place is Riding and Combat Discipline as a final alternative would be Enhanced Perception. But this I leave up to you maybe after you start playing the HE we could finalize it based on what best for your game plan.

Sephirothlion glad you like the build as for an Ice elf truth is I havnt played one ever but your point holds I dont see how an Ice Elf build would differ apart from the focus/lore. :)

Heya,

kk thnx Kat. I'll be starting the HE today... get a few lvls and then we'll see. Though I like the versatility the build offers, this toon is meant to go into the high levels. Me being the HE nOOb I am, mabe versatility at this point is not for me ;)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Greetz