Modifying and Increasing Good Drops

I've seen instructions on modifying the proper game files to increase the potential for magic, rare, or unique drops... but it seems to stop there.

Is there a way to increase the potential drop rate for purple or set item drops? Someone on the Sacred2 official forums indicated there was a way to modify set drop rates (used by the poster to test drop ratios for new 2.40 sets and old sets), but I've not seen anyone detail how this was done.

Any clues?

I've seen instructions on modifying the proper game files to increase the potential for magic, rare, or unique drops... but it seems to stop there.

Is there a way to increase the potential drop rate for purple or set item drops? Someone on the Sacred2 official forums indicated there was a way to modify set drop rates (used by the poster to test drop ratios for new 2.40 sets and old sets), but I've not seen anyone detail how this was done.

Any clues?

As far as I remember Sacred 2 has treasure classes. Set item is one of those classes.

Before you proceed make a backup of your script folder. All the relevant changes can be made in \script\server\balance.txt.

ZRareExpectationXX = means how high the chance to find an item of a certain treasure class is. The higher the treasure class the higher the item quality. Really good rares have a 12, everything above is Unique, Set, Epic.

ZRareExpectation15 for example has a default value of 6. This means that there is a 0.6% base chance to find an item of this treasure class. A value of 1000 is a 100% base chance to find an item of a given treasure class.

A bit farther down you'll find the local BeValues. Every entry in those brackets controls if one item drops/appears at all. Again 1000 equals 100%.

Here you'll also find the cause of all those set item drops from many quests after the latest patch.

Pre 2.40 QUEST_UNIQUE was 0. This entry is modified by your bargaining mastery in order to provide better quest rewards. And as +X% of zero is still zero it was "fixed". I've seen posts where it was stated that the server hotfix for closed net sets this value to 100.

10th

Edited by 10th
As far as I remember Sacred 2 has treasure classes. Set item is one of those classes.

Before you proceed make a backup of your script folder. All the relevant changes can be made in \script\server\balance.txt.

ZRareExpectationXX = means how high the chance to find an item of a certain treasure class is. The higher the treasure class the higher the item quality. Really good rares have a 12, everything above is Unique, Set, Epic.

ZRareExpectation15 for example has a default value of 6. This means that there is a 0.6% base chance to find an item of this treasure class. A value of 1000 is a 100% base chance to find an item of a given treasure class.

Interesting, I've had all of the Zrares set at 1000, and all I've ever gotten have been brown items, no orange/purple/set items at all.

I'll modify them to be a climbing scale and see how that works. Might I assume that going over 1000 will not have detrimental effects on the game's internal math (goting over 100% by selecing say 1500 or 2000)?.

A bit farther down you'll find the local BeValues. Every entry in those brackets controls if one item drops/appears at all. Again 1000 equals 100%.

Here you'll also find the cause of all those set item drops from many quests after the latest patch.

Pre 2.40 QUEST_UNIQUE was 0. This entry is modified by your bargaining mastery in order to provide better quest rewards. And as +X% of zero is still zero it was "fixed". I've seen posts where it was stated that the server hotfix for closed net sets this value to 100.

10th

Again, I've modified these as follows:

NORMAL_STANDARD = 1000,

NORMAL_RUNE = 500,

CHAMP_STANDARD = 1700,

CHAMP_RUNE = 500,

BOSS_STANDARD = 2000,

BOSS_RUNE = 1600,

EXTRAGOLD = 0,

EXTRAPOTION = 0,

EXTRARUNE = 0,

Trader_Item = 2300,

Trader_Many = 10000,

Trader_SpecialOffer = 0,

Well_Potion = 1000,

QUEST_UNIQUE = 2000,

SUBFAMDROP_LOWCHANCE = 1000,

SUBFAMDROP_HIGHCHANCE = 1000,

Still, only brown items. No purple or set items to level 170 with my current char.

I haven't got the skills to hex-modify save values to increase the 'secret item' finding skill for the character.

I have noticed that if I change the trader_specialoffer it tends to remove entire sets of items from traders (their armor, for instance, may vanish... or weapons, ect). I've left it at zero until I understand the mechanic more.

Raising probablity over 100%:

No clue, why don't you try it out :P.

Chance to find valuables:

There are three ways to increase this in-game:

- By exploring the map you'll get 1% chance for every 4% of explored area.

- Simply buy equiqment with this yellow-colored modifier.

- If you have Enhanced Perception you'll unlock the blue-colored version of this modifier along with the +%Experience gained modifier. Both stats on items will inrcrease if you put/get more points in Enhanced Perception.

I've modified the ZRareExpectations so that 15 starts at 30 and 00 ends at its standard value of 1000. With around 10-20% chance to find valuables my new level 25 Dryad has found 6 set items and several unique items so far. Moreover if I'm really interested in set items I'll go questing, thanks to QUEST_UNIQUE = 1000 you're guaranteed to get enough set items.

My local beValues:

NORMAL_STANDARD = 400,

NORMAL_RUNE = 15,

CHAMP_STANDARD = 800,

CHAMP_RUNE = 45,

BOSS_STANDARD = 4900,

BOSS_RUNE = 600,

Anything more than 5000 is probably overkill. In one quest you'll have to kill a boss monster, after its death you have only 60 seconds to collect all items. With a value of 4.9K I had about 8-10 seconds left before I was teleported back to the questgiver and a formerly near empty inventory screen was filled almost to the brim with items. And with this value I had to make three! trips to the nearest trader during the final boss-fight.

Concerning Traders:

There are several variables that modify the inventory of traders:

TraderOfferUpperRareBase

TraderMaxCount

TraderOffer_MaxLifetime

and those in local beValues. As I did not test the effects of every single variable, I can only say that by increasing TraderMaxCount, Trader_item, Trader_many, TraderOfferUpperRareBase and Trader_SpecialOffer you'll get a noticable increase in the amount of items offered and the quality of those.

My values for those are:

TraderMaxCount = 20

TraderOfferUpperRareBase = 12

Trader_Item = 3300

Trader_Many = 15000

Trader_SpecialOffer = 35

If you want to find random uniques again, all you have to change is DropMaxRandomRare to 13 or maybe even 15. The latter is untested, though.

10th

Edited by 10th
  • 2 weeks later...

I adjusted the files as you suggested and that corrected the issue... or appeared to, anyway.

I also realized something... the auto-pickup was not picking up set items (I've got it set for yellow or better). I had to hold the Alt key to see the greens and, well, there were more of them lying around than I thought! *LOL*

So, I guess the situation is rectified. Thanks for the help!

Also, I have yet to see a single purple outside of quest rewards, and my char is a few levels higher on Platinum difficulty.

Edited by Underwolf69

Same issue as underwolf with the purple items.

plenty of browns, also plenty of set items, no orange yet though. Will purp/orange even drop on silver?

all of my Zrare were at 1000 to test, then around 150 perma.

Edited by Tinypants

From my experience with modding the zrareexpectations, if you take them over 1,000 stuff tends to get broken. but modifying the 'local BeValues' to over 1k gives more loot on drops. kinda like a roll-over effect.

here are the values I use for the zrareexpectations. With these I only get grey items with brand new characters and past level 3, I never see them again.

ZRareExpectation15 = 3,
 ZRareExpectation14 = 12,
 ZRareExpectation13 = 24,
 ZRareExpectation12 = 46,
 ZRareExpectation11 = 58,
 ZRareExpectation10 = 72,
 ZRareExpectation09 = 88,
 ZRareExpectation08 = 106,
 ZRareExpectation07 = 124,
 ZRareExpectation06 = 144,
 ZRareExpectation05 = 166,
 ZRareExpectation04 = 456,
 ZRareExpectation03 = 638,
 ZRareExpectation02 = 819,
 ZRareExpectation01 = 1000,
 ZRareExpectation00 = 250,

and these are my bevalues. The comments here are not in my actual balance file.:

NORMAL_STANDARD = 500, -- Normal mob drops.
 NORMAL_RUNE = 63, -- I had this at 125, but was getting WAY too many runes.
 CHAMP_STANDARD = 1500, -- more champ loot
 CHAMP_RUNE = 125,
 BOSS_STANDARD = 4500, -- a crap load of stuff drops off bosses. usually at least 1 set item.
 BOSS_RUNE = 1000, -- gurantees at least 1 rune drop on a boss kill
 EXTRAGOLD = 0, -- tried changing these 3, but I didn't notices any affect in game
 EXTRAPOTION = 0,
 EXTRARUNE = 0,
 Trader_Item = 5000, -- not sure what this one does. affects item quality in some way?
 Trader_Many = 15000, -- how much stuff the merchant has
 Trader_SpecialOffer = 5000, -- quantity and quality of the 'special' loot. bargaining affects this value.
 Well_Potion = 1000,
 QUEST_UNIQUE = 500, -- 50/50 chance of getting a 'cool' quest reward. now if I can only use the thing..

• Like! 1

@Tinypants, Underwolf69

In the meantime I made a similar adjustment to my ZRareExpectations as DMCain. I only went one step further and experimentally set ZRareExpectation00 = 0. The result was that I got no grey and white items at all and almost no blue items.

As for the legendary items, my current toon, a level 31 HE with 12-15% MF who just arrived in the swamps on silver, found Magisil in the loot of the dragon boss Xanthiar.

10th

@Tinypants, Underwolf69

In the meantime I made a similar adjustment to my ZRareExpectations as DMCain. I only went one step further and experimentally set ZRareExpectation00 = 0. The result was that I got no grey and white items at all and almost no blue items.

As for the legendary items, my current toon, a level 31 HE with 12-15% MF who just arrived in the swamps on silver, found Magisil in the loot of the dragon boss Xanthiar.

10th

I originally had mine set at 0 also. I bumped it up to 250 to offset something else that I had changed. Not sure what it was anymore, but things are working out. Also, if that lowest tier isn't there, it looks like the loot generation gets a bit wonky. Not sure if it really does or not, but with that at 0, I almost always get uniques. especially when my find valuables is over 20%.

• 2 months later...
NORMAL_STANDARD = 1000,

NORMAL_RUNE = 500,

CHAMP_STANDARD = 1700,

CHAMP_RUNE = 500,

BOSS_STANDARD = 2000,

BOSS_RUNE = 1600,

EXTRAGOLD = 0,

EXTRAPOTION = 0,

EXTRARUNE = 0,

Trader_Item = 2300,

Trader_Many = 10000,

Trader_SpecialOffer = 0,

Well_Potion = 1000,

QUEST_UNIQUE = 2000,

Which one reduces the number of Magic Pearls that drop? I've got the above settings and I'm getting a million of them.

• Like! 1
NORMAL_STANDARD = 1000,

Which one reduces the number of Magic Pearls that drop? I've got the above settings and I'm getting a million of them.

These two lines alter the drop of magic pearls at 1000 you are getting one every time it is possible

NORMAL_STANDARD = 1000,

These two lines alter the drop of magic pearls at 1000 you are getting one every time it is possible

Cool. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

is there any way to decrease the amount of potions dropped to increase the difficulty? I get like 100 potions in my inventory like every hour of gameplay its rediculous.

I'm also trying to figure out how to increase thhe quality of loot dropped from chests and increase the difficulty of the bosses (and maybe giving them an extra few spells they can use and up their crit rate) and finally the levels on the mobs in specific areas...especially making the elites deal more dmg, have more HP, crit more often and give off more XP....I know that one is going to be tough.

Edited by Indorikan
  • 4 weeks later...

Any clues?

This is gonna frig up Multiplayer right?

Things like this destroy these multiplayer games in my opinion. Altering drops is bullFECAL MATTER! just like in diablo 1 you could duplicate all your items to get more gold. It just makes the game get old fast because you will be getting everything you want............Just doesn't seem fun its like playing a game of basketball and the other team purposely let you win Holy Hannah!? How is that fun? I guess we all have our preferences however I would like better items but I wouldn't take it that far.

This is gonna frig up Multiplayer right?

No, in closed multiplayer the Ascaron servers use their own files. You can't use them to cheat.

In open it's probably possible, but everyone knows that and doesn't play open if he wants to avoid cheaters.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

It's also a good idea to change this...it modifies how much time items dropped from the mob stay on the map, you might want some extra time to go through the drops if your inventory fills up very very quick:
dropTimeItemReserved = 300,
dropTimeItemDestroy = 300,
dropTimeItemUnloadedDestroy = 300

• Like! 1

Hello there, I was looking in the balance.txt and I found this >>MaxDistLevelXP = 15 & MinDistLevelXP = 3<< do they manage the experience per kill ? if not what line should I modify to gain a bit more experience per kill ? Thanks ;)

2 hours ago, hercules1978 said:

Hello there, I was looking in the balance.txt and I found this >>MaxDistLevelXP = 15 & MinDistLevelXP = 3<< do they manage the experience per kill ? if not what line should I modify to gain a bit more experience per kill ? Thanks ;)

Iirc mobs kill experience is affected by the line MP_experience = {1000,1150,1325,1550,1825}, having one value per difficulty mode {bronze, silver, gold, plat, niob}. Quests experience would be QuestExplow and QuestExpmax lines.

Edited by Woody
see posts below
  • Like! 1
38 minutes ago, Woody said:

Iirc mobs kill experience is affected by the line MP_experience = {1000,1150,1325,1550,1825}, having one value per difficulty mode {bronze, silver, gold, plat, niob}. Quests experience would be QuestExplow and QuestExpmax lines.

Yes I know of the QuestExplow and QuestExpmax lines I didn't touch those two lines, but what do the MaxDistLevelXP = 15 & MinDistLevelXP = 3 lines do, also about the MP_experience = {1000,1150,1325,1550,1825} let's say I want more experience per kill in (bronze = 1000) increasing that value I get more experience points right ?

Edit: confirmed increasing both MaxDistLevelXP & MinDistLevelXP with the same value the result is more more experience points per kill ;)

Edited by hercules1978

Alright MP_Experience is the increase of XP% per player present in the server from 1 to 5, not per difficulty level, my bad. However increasing the first value should still change XP% per kill as one player value still counts for solo mode or 1 player LAN server.

I actually thought the DistLevel lines mentionned were for maximum mob level, been so long I haven't touched these files, I was wrong on that one.

Edited by Woody