What song sends chills down your spine?

It's just beautiful. Closing my eyes while listening makes for an even more intense sensation.

Edited by Timotheus

Nice thread.... there are many songs that do so...

One is 'Only Time' by Enya.... Film music sometimes has this efect too... Gladiator LOTR, King Arthur.

Greetz

'Possession' by Sara Mclaughlin always does that to me.

I love Enya and yes, the LOTR soundtrack is great as well.

And at the risk of being jumped, Adam Lambert's singing of 'Mad World' (for those who are watching American Idol) had a huge affect on me.

This was the song that rocketed a new Dutch band up the charts in 2000. The video is sampled from their live performance at Pinkpop that year; it's one of the biggest pop/rock festivals in Holland. Too bad, the band split up just a few weeks ago. I know you can hear the Dutch accent, but for me it's still a very good song, the best song they made. When I'm down, the refrain is so touching it can almost make me cry, at the moments the other singer kicks in...

Edited by Timotheus
REM - Mad World

Wasn't that song from Gary Jules, instead of REM?

Sarah Bettens & Intwine - Not An Addict from "Vrienden van Amstel Live 2006" in Ahoy. At this festival (Friends of Amstel Live) musicians gather to sing their songs toghether with another performer/band. Here, it's Sarah Bettens from the Belgian band K's Choice teaming up with ex-Idols contender Roger and his band Intwine, performing K's Choice's Not An Addict.

Funfact: Roger stepped out of Idols on his own, after he learnt that to get to the final rounds he had to sign a (solo) contract. Since that would've left out the band, he decided to drop out, even though he was a serious candidate for winning the show.

Edited by Timotheus
REM - Mad World

I listen first from R.E.M and loved it. Didn't research if it is a older song or such.

Good to know.

This song is one of the better songs out there. Just listen to the lyrics, for those who can't understand the lyrics, you can read them here.

I must warn you that most people won't find this a peacefull/calm/chilling song. But I do.

Arp

REM - Mad World

I listen first from R.E.M and loved it. Didn't research if it is a older song or such.

Good to know.

I dont know if R.E.M. ever did madworld, I think that may just be a common misconception although I may be wrong. However it was first sung by Tears for Fears and was recently(ish) covered by Gary Jules and Micahael Andrews on piano which is the version that sends chills down my spine

It's just beautiful. Closing my eyes while listening makes for an even more intense sensation.

Love that one it was used in Homeworld(PC game). When you return to your planet and find it destroyed. :P

For the curious: Enya - Only Time

Nice song indeed. :)

And that one made me cry in Sweet November. :P

I can't say that I am honestly a great fan of country music, but the song that always brings me to tears is Willie Nelson singing 'You were always on my mind'. It makes me think of lost opportunities that can never be reclaimed. :P

I'm too tired to post a vid right now. But there's only one song that has ever touched me...

Europe - Prisoner's in Paradise

I can think of 2 songs that really get me...Both are very intense in their own way

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Man in the Box - Alice in Chains

Finntroll one and this song, by Loreena McKennitt.

I love to hear her sing; she truly sends chills down my spine. Thank you for reminding me.

Tough one. I think this one probably closest to my heart than any other. Tracey Thorn can do no wrong. :)

Massive Attack

Protection

Oh and as for chills this will do. Came across this track by the Norwegian group Röyksopp. The vocalist is very impressive.

Röyksopp

What Else Is There?