Anyone here just got Sacred 2 for console?

I"m curious, as well as excited, to see who's picked up the game. I've been hanging out a bit at the xbox forums, and feedback so far on the port has been positive.

If you just picked up the game, please post and tell us how the game feels? Is it a good port? Are graphics decent...and how about lag... does the lag and/or frame rate? Was the game what you expected?

And if you're a new member here, welcome to Darkmatters!

:unsure:

gogo

I've been reading feedback over at the gamefaqs.com forum for the PS3 version of Sacred 2.

It, has been surprisingly, very positive.

Edit: Oh, and another good sign - the PS3 & Xbox 360 versions of Sacred 2: FA are both in the top 10 most requested pages for FAQs over at gameFAQs.com!

With that being said, I am very tempted to check out the PS3 version myself - mainly because I'm interested in finding out if there are a substantial number of differences in the look, feel and content in the console versions versus the PC version.

Edited by Cthulhu

Got it for xbox 360 ,its great!

No lag , graphics are great!

but I think it lags some of the PC features such as hardcore mode

Edited by bob1313

I picked it up on the 12th for the PS3 and its great. very few issues with pop in and lag, few load screens when entering a city or dungeon. I was very worried this was gonna be like two worlds but its not even close, that game was unplayable and this is beautiful. I have not played online yet though. I have read a few reports of data loss on the xbox but no reports of that on the PS3. thanx to all here for posting some great info thats helping me on my way

I bought the PS3 version with a friend (we found it at FutureShop, EB Games didn't have any), and it's fun, we played 6 hours yesterday and when I had to go home, he told me he was going to play for at least 3 more hours. I think I converted my friend to the game :).

The interface is different, but it doesn't take that long to get used to.

Max

I bought the PS3 version with a friend (we found it at FutureShop, EB Games didn't have any), and it's fun, we played 6 hours yesterday and when I had to go home, he told me he was going to play for at least 3 more hours. I think I converted my friend to the game :).

The interface is different, but it doesn't take that long to get used to.

Max

WOW!

Max, I was waiting for someone we knew to get the game...now you've got both... muhahhaha, yer our new gold mine of info on the console. Give us the scoop..are the graphics as good?

What about smithing...word is the smith skill can't get peeps smithing in field cuz the button is missing..this true?

And finally...how the heck does someone get pix from a console game and stick them into a forum?

:)

gogo

Can't really offer a comparison to the PC version. I can give a general opinion just coming into the game. First of... graphically, its beautiful. I expected that, tho. The controls were handled very well, I was rather worried as to how a keyboard/mouse setup would be translated to a controller. Turns out I didn't have to be. Load times are infrequent, at least noticeable load times. The only time it even seems to load is when I enter a cave or use a "transporter." The most important factor, in my opinion, is that the gameplay is fun! It's exactly what I've been looking for. I can safely say the game deserves a 9.9/10. I'd give it a perfect 10 if the in-game text weren't so tiny.

WOW!

Max, I was waiting for someone we knew to get the game...now you've got both... muhahhaha, yer our new gold mine of info on the console. Give us the scoop..are the graphics as good?

What about smithing...word is the smith skill can't get peeps smithing in field cuz the button is missing..this true?

And finally...how the heck does someone get pix from a console game and stick them into a forum?

:D

gogo

I don't own a PS3, so he's going to keep the game.

The graphics are great, it was really cool to see what "High Graphics" look like (I'm stuck to Low Settings on my laptop).

I didn't really look about smithing, but I also read about the missing button, and I didn't see any in-game, so it's probably true.

And about taking a picture from a console game and transfer it into a forum, since I don't own a PS3, I can't answer you about that.

Max

Have you had a look at the teamxbox forum for 360? Must say, it's wonderful reading how happy everyone is with the port.

Go Ascaron Go!

:D

gogo

Hey there, new user as well. I grabbed the PS3 version. I've been following the game for awhile and sort of liked the original Sacred, but got burned with the onerous DRM Ascaron uses, and could never figure out how to play online. So even though my PC's a lot more powerful than my PS3 I decided I'd wait for the console version to avoid such issues. Plus I love local co-op in action rpgs.

I've not played too much. Graphics aren't really all that good, but I wasn't expecting much. Perhaps I'll download the PC demo and see how they match up. The character options still seem as overwhelming and unintuitive as the first game, but if I can play this one multiplayer I'll probably stick with it longer to figure it out.

Also taking screenshots in PS3 is only available if the game developer has enabled it. It was some firmware update for the PS3 awhile back, but it's not on by default and I'm not sure if Ascaron enabled it.