Game crash at bonded mount

I can get up to the area where the Seraphin takes me on a quest, some island somewhere (cant remember names sorry, north on the map) and this dude is going on about a bonded mount, but when I try and talk to him my game crashes, everytime. I downloaded a patch, but even that is telling me to re-install my game.

First, is it ok to save my saves elsewhere, re-install then put my saves back to carry on or will it glitch the game?

And is it possible to continue my quests with the Seraphin even though I am a Shadow Warrior?

Also, do I need 'riding' to be able to use my bonded mount, which as yet I am unable to obtain.

Thanks

Hi and Welcome DunJuan :sweating:

When you try to install patch is it telling you it cannot find Sacred 2 and that you should re-install ? If that's the case it sounds like you have the wrong patch. If you let me know what version you have including build number I can give you a link to correct patch

You should have no issues making a copy of your saved files or moving them, then moving back after re-installing.

You cannot continue quests with a different character. I seem to remember something about this bug, if you patch game and still have same issue I can dig around a bit and see if I can find anything on it. If the quest is still bugged you can always re-do on a different difficulty.

You do not need the riding skill to use a horse or special mount though the regen penalty for Combat Arts will be higher than when unmounted if you do not take Riding

Hi and Welcome DunJuan :agreed:

When you try to install patch is it telling you it cannot find Sacred 2 and that you should re-install ? If that's the case it sounds like you have the wrong patch. If you let me know what version you have including build number I can give you a link to correct patch

You should have no issues making a copy of your saved files or moving them, then moving back after re-installing.

You cannot continue quests with a different character. I seem to remember something about this bug, if you patch game and still have same issue I can dig around a bit and see if I can find anything on it. If the quest is still bugged you can always re-do on a different difficulty.

You do not need the riding skill to use a horse or special mount though the regen penalty for Combat Arts will be higher than when unmounted if you do not take Riding

I tried all 3 of these patches and none have worked thus far.

My game is version 2.0.2.0 (according to the read me file when I installed the game)

Downloaded from http://update.sacred2.com/dl_international.html (Eng not US)

Sacred2-UK-INT-2_34_0_0-Full

Sacred2-UK-2_34_0_0-Full

Sacred2-UK-2_31_0_0-2_34_0_0

Should I be moving these files to a specific folder?

Thanks for the other answers too.

Edited by DunJuan