optionsCustom tips - additional settings outside of the game menu

Create a new .TXT file called optionsCustom in the following folder:

(Vista/W7/W10) C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

or

(XP) C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

Saving your account details inside the optionsCustom file for US and EU servers

By entering the following codes you will save yourself the trouble of having to edit your account details every time you would like to login.

network.lobby_name = "YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"
network.lobby_password = "YOUR PASSWORD"
network.lobby_ip = "us.sacred2.net"
network.lobby_port = 6900

network.lobby_name = "YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"
network.lobby_password = "YOUR PASSWORD"
network.lobby_ip = "eu.sacred2.net"
network.lobby_port = 6800

Enable keybindings

Remember Sacred 1, where your spells/Combat Arts and weapon slots could be bound together, switching both when pressing just a single key?
By default, Sacred 2 has no keybinding. However, by pasting the following codes in your custom options file you will enable it.

key_bindings.binding_spell_1 = Key.D1
key_bindings.binding_weapon_1 = Key.D1
key_bindings.binding_spell_2 = Key.D2
key_bindings.binding_weapon_2 = Key.D2
key_bindings.binding_spell_3 = Key.D3
key_bindings.binding_weapon_3 = Key.D3
key_bindings.binding_spell_4 = Key.D4
key_bindings.binding_weapon_4 = Key.D4

Enable/Disable Gore

You don't want your kids, mom, other random individuals to see the gore?
by pasting the following codes in your custom options file you can edit the number to either enable or disable the display of gore.

options.bloodAndGore = 1

Where 0 is no gore, 1 will enable gore.

Enable/Disable intro videos

Don't want to waste time with intro videos when you are getting into the game?
Use the following line and edit the number to get into the game a bit faster.

render.videos = 1

Where 0 is no videos, 1 will enable videos.

Camera options

Sacred 2 has a beautiful world. Play around with the following lines to alter camera distance, angles and zoom options.

camera.customsettings = 1
camera.cam1_rotx_emax = -1.22
camera.cam1_rotx_max = -0.99
camera.cam1_rotx_min = -0.48
camera.cam1_trackdist_max = 850
camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 220
camera.cam2_rotx_emax = -1.22
camera.cam2_rotx_max = -0.99
camera.cam2_rotx_min = -0.48
camera.cam2_trackdist_max = 850
camera.cam2_trackdist_min = 220
camera.cam_autorot_speed = 0.5
camera.cam_autozoom_max = 800
camera.cam_autozoom_min = 100

trackdist_min: minimum camera distance when zooming during playing

trackdist_max: maximum camera distance when zooming while playing - WARNING: when set too high, this will introduce a grey "fog"!

rotx options: camera tilt angle; min is for zoomed out and max is for zoomed in IIRC

Feel free to add more tips :)

Yeah I thought I would collect some tips on editing the beast.

Also, dont forget to name it optionsCustom, and not optionsCustom.txt like I did. *sigh* :)

Edited by Timotheus

I think what would also help is a title per text trick with a small explanation. This adds greater speed read value when reading down the page.

Market the tricks ^^

:)

gogo

Holeeeeeeeeeee!

timo you hit the nail on the head with this guide buddy

Informative, insightful questions, part faq, with a touch of humor

Love it

Stickied!

:thumbsup:

ggo

• 4 months later...

Ice and Blood gives an option to turn PhysX on/off in the graphics or gameplay menu (can't remember which); is there any way to do this in Sacred2 prior to the expansion?

It should be in the same place as in Ice and Blood, in the gameplay menu.

Hmm, I'll pass that on. If my friend still can't find it I'll have to take 'corrective measures' with the manual and his head :drinks:

Thanks Spunky :lol:

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to do this.

I have Blazing tempest in spell slot 2. Shrouds in 3. I want it to cast shrouds when I hit 3. I know you can turn quick cast on, but that makes all spell quick cast. I only want that one to be quick cast.

Better yet have it to cast then swap back to 2 by it self.

Edited by biblo
  • 3 months later...

From GSF:http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=71463

-- sound.volume_group02 = 0 -- schaltet die Kampfmusik ab
-- options.bigHeadMode = 1 -- aktiviert übergroße Köpfe im Spiel, "0" schaltet sie wieder aus

sound = {
volume_group02 = 0 -- schaltet die Kampfmusik ab
}

options = {
bigHeadMode = 1 -- aktiviert übergroße Köpfe im Spiel, "0" schaltet sie wieder aus
}

The first deactivates battle music. the second activates Bubbleheads

Edited by chattius

From an old 2008 thread in GSF and not sure if these options are still in game. They were in in testphase to cut down graphics details on low end machines. I have not tested the ones below myself. Stumpled above the thread when scanning for optionscustom entries in forum. But if you ever hated all that rats hidden in high gras it might be useful.

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=51038

-- Gras ein-/ausschalten (0=aus, 1=ein)
-- switch gras on=1,0=off
render.d_minis = 0
-- Wassereffekte (0=aus, 1=ein)
-- watereffects off
render.d_water = 0
-- Bäume (0=aus, 1=ein)
--trees on = 1
render.d_trees = 1
-- Umgebung, Charaktere und andere Figuren (0=aus, 1=ein)
--turn others figures (npc) off=0
render.d_statics = 1
-- alle Spielfiguren (auch der eigene Charakter) (0=aus, 1=ein)
-- turn all creatures, players, even yourself off=0  (for landscape pictures?)
render.d_creatures = 1
-- z.B. Fußspuren (0=aus, 1=ein)
--footsteps off = 0
render.d_decals = 0
-- Qualität der Texturen (Voreingestellt: 5; 1=Niedrigstes?)
--testure quality, 1 = lowest, 5 default
render.textureQuality = 1
-- Bildschirmauflösung
--screen resolution
video.width = 1024
video.height = 768
-- ? (Default: 5)
video.quality = 5

Edited by chattius
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally found this thread again.

Apparently I did not remove the optionsCustom.txt when I uninstalled Sacred 2, I kept getting my old account details upon starting a multiplayer game. Couldn't remember the location of the file either :D

Edited by Timotheus
  • 1 month later...
Under Windows 7 where would we save the optionscustom.txt to because there is no longer any AppData location on the system. Thanks :D

Make sure in your window explorer options you select to view hidden files and system files.

C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 where %user name% is your window user name.

there you will find the options.txt and that is where you create the optionsCustom.txt

• 3 months later...
Under Windows 7 where would we save the optionscustom.txt to because there is no longer any AppData location on the system. Thanks :)

Make sure in your window explorer options you select to view hidden files and system files.

C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 where %user name% is your window user name.

there you will find the options.txt and that is where you create the optionsCustom.txt

Do you think you could please edit the start of the first post to say the location of the file in Windows 7 and Vista? At the moment, although the file must be in the same place it says, in Red, Vista.

BTW, I am an expat living in Spain. In the Spanish version of Vista it is:

Open any folder, for example "Documentos". Next click on "Herramientos", "Opciones de carpeta", then the "Ver" Tab.

Click on "Mostrar todos los archivos y carpetas ocultos" then "Aceptar" to show hidden files and folders.

options.txt (created by the game) and optionsCustom.txt (the one you must created yourself) is located in "C:\Usarios\%user name%\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2".

Ignore the bit about Spanish Vista, always takes me a while to find it so just letting of steam, but I think the Windows 7 post edit would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this on the Offical Forum, a list of all servers and ports, posted because I can only see EU and US servers named in this thread

EE = ee.sacred2.net:6850 (PL/CZ/HU/Slowak/)

Spain = es.sacred2.net:6810 (SP)

Russ = ru.sacred2.net:6820 (RUSS)

EU = eu.sacred2.net:6800 (EN/FR/IT/DE/AUS/Swiss/Nordic People/Portugal/Benelux/Greece/Australian/South Africa)

US = us.sacred2.net:6900 (US) - Canada, US and Mexico

• Thanks! 1
  • 9 years later...

Anyone has a good documented optionCustom.txt to share so others could just out-comment not wanted stuff?

I started one with key combining and quickcast. The idea is quite simple: If I do a debuff with a CA-Range I combine the combat-art slot with a weapon slot which has weapons and/or shield with +CA-range. As soon as the debuff is done I get back to the big damage melee weapon  and the melee CA with one key press.

Also nice is to make map borders visible. Sometimes other map grids have new monstertypes. Good for new players.

Bubbleheads are fun for new people too

• The title was changed to optionsCustom tips - additional settings outside of the game menu
  • The topic was unlocked