Is there a quick way to farm runes?

What level are you? I didn't really have any trouble with runes after level 30 or so. I was making so much gold I could trade the ones I had 2 for 1 at 25k each. By 40 I was going 1 for 1 for 125k a pop. I'd just level up.

I'm using a Mounted Horse build now to get all my runes. Left Click only, no Combat Arts^^

Though, I think if I had to choose another one I'd stick to Dryad ranged with multi Darting Assault. The CA itself is astonishingly powerful, if not overpowered.

But tons of fun to use ^^

You can get one running quickly if you have another level 2 HE set up as your bargainer, outfit her with sockets put stuff in and have her getting runes for you right out of the gate.

And btw, welcome to the forum

:)

gogo

I usually go where there are more enemies that are easily killed in bunches....yup I hunt Kobolds :)

I believe regular enemies have about the same chance to drop runes so I go for the easiest ones to round up. So far the best luck I've had is with Kobolds and they can be found all over Western half of High Elf region

Good info knuckles.

And...also try not to kill just one enemy at a time. Round 'em up if possible and then Area of Effect if you can. More enemies at once, higher chance of better drops.

Risk/Time = yay!

gogo

For the Dryad build you'd only need Sin Pred Buff, Darting Assault.

Maybe ten or fifteen levels in you can try running with one or two levels of Bark...but it may not even be necessary.

And seeing Darting Assault in action with life leech...

wow

dry600.jpg

gogo

Okay, I'm a bit confused.....perhaps the Dryad's Darting Assault works differently on the console than on PC:) o.O

I've got a Dryad who's level 22 or so, and she's got DA at only level 2, I think (so yes, the low level of the CA may also play a role). When I use this CA, rather than AIMING 3 arrows at the target critter and two other nearby critters, she simply fires one arrow straight ahead (hence, at the target critter), and two other arrows at right angles to the left and right. So the arrows she fires go in a pattern like this:

/|\

|

|

<-----Dryad----->

Since the enemies are rarely cooperative enough to stand at perfect right-angles to my character, I've found this CA to be of little to no use unless I'm completely surrounded by a thick cloud of critters. :)

So can someone tell me, am I merely seeing the crappy result of my CA level being too low? Or does this CA merely work very poorly on the console as opposed to the PC? :sigh:

@Tallera257

I haven't played a Dryad using Darting Assault but a quick check in the wiki suggests that the Gold mod Rotate is what you need.

Rotate - The attack is directed at opponents all around the Dryad. (from 120° + 1° per CA level to 300° + 2° per CA level cone (?))

Also the Bronze mod Reload might help

Reload - Increases the number of projectiles or hits. (+1 projectile)

I'm guessing that the pic that gogo posted showing more than 4 hits is because he has fired off Darting Assualt more than once.

But that's just my theory. :crazy:

Edited by stubbie

I agree with hunting kobolds. I get tons of runes out of the camp north of the starting area. I just make a new char get the kobold chieftan quest and go mow down some kobolds and there boss and get a ton of runes and decent drops of the chief. then put all the runes in my chest for my main toon. HE make quick work of this method

also important info= the more runes u memorize lowers you're chance fo getting runes dropped to you. my sw is almost level 40 and only memorized 42 runes for the 9 Combat Arts I use. I still get steady runes but not as good as a low level nearly no runes put anywhere toon.

also important info= the more runes u memorize lowers you're chance fo getting runes dropped to you. my sw is almost level 40 and only memorized 42 runes for the 9 Combat Arts I use. I still get steady runes but not as good as a low level nearly no runes put anywhere toon.

actually, I don't believe that is true. I know it was true for sacred 1, but I think the rune drop rate algorithm is different for sacred 2. At least I have not found any site talking about sacred 2 that has said anything different anyways.

Edited by raezalj

Runes keep dropping in Sacred 2. No noticable lessening, however you will need an exponential number of them at higher levels to get that ca level to budge that stubborn decimal point.

Bring on the Horse builds ^6

:D

gogo

well than lower level creatures as what was talked of previously is a good way because when I go through killing as I move through quests I get nearly no runes. But, when I stick to a lower level mob area and just kill kill kill I get a decent rune drop rate. higher level mobs that I should be killing ill get 2-3 every half hr to an hr... :drinks: im just unlucky.

EDIT: What is a horse build. :) new to sacred with sacred2, pls, enlighten me. :)

Edited by Krieg

Just level up. I'm new to the game too but I already learned that eating runes is counter-productive. You jack up your damage much better by maxing out your offensive skills. Eating runes makes the regen times unbearable. I have 1 char at 55 and a few in the 30s and my Misc tab at the hero chest already takes about 5 seconds to load because I'm so overloaded on runes. Gonna have to clean that out in a bit to trade em all in for runes that you DO want to eat as many of as you can. The buffs that give %% reflect, Acute Mind, Grand Invigoration, Ancient Bark to name a few.

Hopefully when I get to higher levels I'll see more reason to start eating runes. Maybe when the regen times finally drop under 2 seconds.

Hi, new to the forum, been playing the xbox 360 sacred since its release, I was told not to go too crazy with runes and only use 1-3 runes in something I plan on using alot to keep the regen time down. Is this true?

Also, and I feel realy noobish for asking but what does gather a large group and "Area of Effect" them mean? gogoblender mentions it in one of his replies but im clueless...

Hi, new to the forum, been playing the xbox 360 sacred since its release, I was told not to go too crazy with runes and only use 1-3 runes in something I plan on using alot to keep the regen time down. Is this true?

Also, and I feel realy noobish for asking but what does gather a large group and "Area of Effect" them mean? gogoblender mentions it in one of his replies but im clueless...

typically when you eat a rune, it ups the regen time (not true for all CAs apparently, though I can't remember which ones are the exception). so many times it is more beneficial to eat 1, and up the level with +CA gear (which ups the power but not the regen).

Area of Effect = Area of Effect. meaning spells or CAs that do damage to a group of enemies within an area.

hope that helps. =)

I'm agreed with everyone else who's mentioned Kobolds; they're massively easy to slaughter in hordes, and you always get stuff from them (including runes).

In my experience, even if you're at the same level of the Kobolds, they drop a good deal of runes; maybe they're just magical like that? :3

I hate regen times so much, though >< Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it finding more runes.

I'm agreed with everyone else who's mentioned Kobolds; they're massively easy to slaughter in hordes, and you always get stuff from them (including runes).

In my experience, even if you're at the same level of the Kobolds, they drop a good deal of runes; maybe they're just magical like that? :3

I hate regen times so much, though >< Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it finding more runes.

not sure if anyone mentioned this but there is a sure fire way to get 4 runes in a matter of 1-2 minutes

start a new character and go into bronze, go to their initial chest and you will be sure to find 2 runes, save and exit then do the same thing on bronze, save and exit again then go into a free world game and dump them into your hero chest (or summon your imp when youre in the silver game if you have the 360 version)

then delete the character and do it again ... you can get hundreds of runes in no time by doing this