Using GTAE arts

By GTAE I mean ground target area effect. Those spells are really clumsy to aim without a mouse. Not a big deal since you can make a zillion builds without these skills even as an archer or nuker, and even if you don't use them all the time they're still useful in boss fights or against ranged units.

But you can make them easier to use. Put them second or last in a combo. The GTAE will fire where the target took damage. It won't work too well for the high elf GTAEs because they have such slow casting animations, and you'll likely end up in melee range for the second cast or it'll miss entirely (though I guess if you're geared for it you can still run away and kite during regens).

It's better for frontline battlemage types. Inquisitor mostly. Since the console version has 12 slots (for weapons, CAs and combos) we have a lot of space for placing stuff. Personally I like to end my combos with clustering maelstrom. Pretty much anything will work to initiate. But my favorite to gather up a swarm then do a combo of raving thrust and clustering (raving thrust has a small stun component and clustering has a very fast cast animation). Or I start with levin array. Melee CAs works fine as well.

I haven't tested it, but it probably works well with shadow warrior charges and leaps.

Well their usually called Area of Effect which stands for Area of Effect :)

In the ever increasing complexity that is RPG gaming people have separated Area of Effect into GTAE and PBAE (point blank) though, and the latter is of no real problem for the console versions. So that's why I tried to differentiate them.