Console Bugs and Glitches Thread

I searched a lot about this bug, but if I missed its' entry please forgive me...

So for the first time I really want to build a shopper Inquisitor, but the relics that have +bargaining don't have any affect on my bargaining skill? I'm at level 10 and so far I spent all my money on relics with +bargaining only to realize that that my bargaining remains unchanged at level 10 (hard points). I have 6 relics with +2 bargaining, so I should be at level 22. Is this merely a display error or am I not getting the the added bargaining bonusses? I'm not familiar with the sort of items to expect at shops when bargaining is at level 10 vs level 22, since I never actually spend any time at shops with my other toons. :sigh:

EDIT: Oh, I just want to mention that, to my knowledge, I am "wearing" the relics - they're not just lying around in my inventory....

Edited by Scleameth

I searched a lot about this bug, but if I missed its' entry please forgive me...

So for the first time I really want to build a shopper Inquisitor, but the relics that have +bargaining don't have any affect on my bargaining skill? I'm at level 10 and so far I spent all my money on relics with +bargaining only to realize that that my bargaining remains unchanged at level 10 (hard points). I have 6 relics with +2 bargaining, so I should be at level 22. Is this merely a display error or am I not getting the the added bargaining bonusses? I'm not familiar with the sort of items to expect at shops when bargaining is at level 10 vs level 22, since I never actually spend any time at shops with my other toons. :sigh:

EDIT: Oh, I just want to mention that, to my knowledge, I am "wearing" the relics - they're not just lying around in my inventory....

Check the following with and without your relics equipped:

Check your Bargaining+ on the overview page

Check the details for your Bargaining skill

Are the numbers the same whether or not your relics are equipped?

Check the following with and without your relics equipped:

Check your Bargaining+ on the overview page

Check the details for your Bargaining skill

Are the numbers the same whether or not your relics are equipped?

Edit:

Is there an echo in here? :)

Edited by lujate

Thanks I'll have to check it out tonight... It's just something I noticed last night on as my final act before going to bed. So I have not really experimented with\without the relics equipped. :whistle:

I think you need to look at the "soft" level - the one in the info window ;)

Yup! :blush: It's clearly reflected in the soft point...

I'm glad to report that this is not a bug, but sad to report that I'm in fact a real spanner for not checking things out properly before posting away. Thanks essjayehm and lujate for taking the time to assist in any case. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I think my comments should be modded the heck outa this thread without post count loss to essjayehm and lujate if at all possible? This thread is about bugs after all and not pebkac errors...

Edited by Scleameth

Hehehe, it's all good, Scleameth! We always hope that the next time someone has this question, they find the answer (here) because it was already asked... and, as always, there is the possibility that it is an actual glitch/bug that we've missed.

There was a point when I gave up exploring/reporting all the funky stuff going on in this game. If it didn't "correct" itself on a re-start/next playsession then I made a mental note and just carried on, either avoiding the buggy stuff or just accepting it and managing as best as I can. Of course, the main reason that I haven't really explored everything wrong in the game, is that I play without internet access, so I play the console unpatched version, which is very,very rare as I have found out.

Of course, the main reason that I haven't really explored everything wrong in the game, is that I play without internet access, so I play the console unpatched version, which is very,very rare as I have found out.

Well, you're not alone... I too play offline. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I usually do not get too flustered with Sacred's many quirks but this one really bites. I took a day or two before posting about it to avoid too many "Fecal Matter"'s and "Holy Hannah"'s...

This never happened on PS3, but on the Xbox, I encountered an issue which will corrupt an entire profile of saved information.

While playing couch co-op, my buddy was the first player/game creator, and I was playing on the second profile. We wanted to quit for the day, and he hit Start->leave game as normal. We've done this countless times on PS3, so did not think anything of it. The next day, I try to load up my toon and I get the wonderful message "The save data is corrupted... exit to dashboard and delete save game"...etc or whatever the actual wording is. I remembered this happening once before, when I first started playing on the Microsoft console, and it all came back to me in an instant...you cannot quit the game, either via Sacred (Start->Leave Game) or by the dashboard command (Xbox button -> Quit to dashboard) while the second player is in-game. It will corrupt the entire "second player"'s profile, and everything will be lost... toons, player chest, achievements...

Thankfully, I did not lose anything of great importance. I had run a VD-dryad to complete Platinum, about 70 hours, some unique/set items and a couple-hundred runes (the most important, actually).

I did want to report this... however I am unsure how it works with on-line games. But, for OFFLINE, couch co-op games, on XBOX, I will always ensure that the second player quits before the first player, to avoid losing it all (sanity most likely included).

wow to above post. regardless of PS3/xobx my gf will always be leaving first from now on.

back on topic, not sure if it is in this thread but on my Inquisitor 2 pieces of armor DO NOT show the regen penalty. I know its the chest piece and I think its shoulders or bracers. Found this by running around the other day 130 regen penalty wondering why and didnt find out till I took everything off.

Nothing major probably end game or once someone has armor lore at a decent level but this was on my level 5 Inquisitor.

Cheers!!

wow to above post. regardless of PS3/xobx my gf will always be leaving first from now on.

back on topic, not sure if it is in this thread but on my Inquisitor 2 pieces of armor DO NOT show the regen penalty. I know its the chest piece and I think its shoulders or bracers. Found this by running around the other day 130 regen penalty wondering why and didnt find out till I took everything off.

Nothing major probably end game or once someone has armor lore at a decent level but this was on my level 5 Inquisitor.

Cheers!

About the corrupt data - you can never be too careful. Always a good idea to save as well, before "Leave Game" just to be sure, like 1000% sure :) Just don't do it all too fast (wait for book/pen to disappear) or you could run into other issues.

In regards to the missing regeneration penalty on armour, Lujate noticed that as well, and reported it here

This issue is easily avoided, just watch your regen bar at the bottom of the inventory screen when equipping items without a displayed regen. penalty. Some pieces are light, and do not have much regen penalty (or sometimes, a regen bonus....) but others are heavy, with >10% penalty that is not displayed.

Cheers!

About the corrupt data - you can never be too careful. Always a good idea to save as well, before "Leave Game" just to be sure, like 1000% sure :) Just don't do it all too fast (wait for book/pen to disappear) or you could run into other issues.

In regards to the missing regeneration penalty on armour, Lujate noticed that as well, and reported it here

This issue is easily avoided, just watch your regen bar at the bottom of the inventory screen when equipping items without a displayed regen. penalty. Some pieces are light, and do not have much regen penalty (or sometimes, a regen bonus....) but others are heavy, with >10% penalty that is not displayed.

regarding the saving, I think we were already bitten by that bug. We used to just start, save game, O, continue the killing and since we get most of our experience from killing. I think the times we had the game freeze up on us and we have to revert back to old save game, I think 60+ lvls of doing what I explained above caught up with us. Around 65ish or something we lost almost 3/4 of a level after a freeze! I dreamt that night I was a baseball pitcher and my flat screen HDTV was the catchers glove!

Regading the regen penalty, im sure it had to of been noticed at the time of the post I was unable to read back so apologies for the double post. Ya I quickly learned to just go by that bar, but it was a little bit of a surpise. I knew that 2 star chest piece was too good to be true!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Ps3 Sacred 2 Version 1.02

Im using a SW lv 51 on Gold, with a chance to evade of 102% and yet when I check the last opponent page, every mob(boss or regular) has a chance to hit me of 50% or more. I only raised it to 102 to see if it would lower their CtH as I usually keep it around 60%.

Ps3 Sacred 2 Version 1.02

Im using a SW lv 51 on Gold, with a chance to evade of 102% and yet when I check the last opponent page, every mob(boss or regular) has a chance to hit me of 50% or more. I only raised it to 102 to see if it would lower their CtH as I usually keep it around 60%.

I'm not exactly sure what the bug is that you're reporting.

The impression that I'm getting from your post is that you believe that CTE+102% should mean that you evade every attack (as you should have a 100% evasion rate now).

However, chance to evade only adds said percentage to your current chances to evade an attack (based on your "Defense Value"). It's not an absolute value.

"Chance to evade +X% - Lowers enemies base hit chance based on a player's base defense as following; new enemy hit chance = old enemy hit chance / (1 + evade/100). Any item, attribute, skill or Combat Art that adds defense, excluding +X% defense, is considered a player's base defense."

(http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Item_Modifiers)

I apologize for being unclear, I was trying to ask if the CtE and CtH values were broken and unecessary. But thank you for the reply. The mathematical response will help immensely for future references.

I apologize for being unclear, I was trying to ask if the CtE and CtH values were broken and unecessary. But thank you for the reply. The mathematical response will help immensely for future references.

Actually, you are correct, Ismelly. The "hitchance calcuator" in the console versions is very wonky, and you cannot really put too much faith in the results it shows. Especially for weapon-based combat arts due to their hidden bonus chance to hit.

...I was trying to ask if the CtE and CtH values were broken and unnecessary.

Ahhhh. I knew I forgot to reply to something, somewhere.

This makes more sense than the interpretation that I was getting (if +100% CTE means you'll evade 100% of the time).

What Essjayehm stated is correct. While there is a way to calculate the percentage which is shown, they're not accurate.

I've fought the NGs at the end, landing 95%+ of hits on them (only showing a 40%ish CTH), while they landed less than 25% of their swings against me (with a CTH against me of 60%+).

The only way to really find out your CTE and CTH are to manually calculate it by collecting data against a particular mob. I normally do it against the NGs if I'm really interested.

• 1 month later...

One of the bugs that drives me crazy is that sometimes..even quite often, my health potions stay the same number..I buy a lot and the number on the slot doesn't change..for instance I buy 11..it shows 3..but still takes the money...and I have to restart the game..after restart..it shows the correct quantity...

The other bug I've noticed is in Old Navy Port..a cave there, I don't remember the name of the quest about it but every time I enter there..and I can't do anything..I'm not able to see myself, not able to move...nothing..can't get out...eventually I have to restart the game..I've tried it 20 times at least..the same story :cry:

One of the bugs that drives me crazy is that sometimes..even quite often, my health potions stay the same number..I buy a lot and the number on the slot doesn't change..for instance I buy 11..it shows 3..but still takes the money...and I have to restart the game..after restart..it shows the correct quantity...

The other bug I've noticed is in Old Navy Port..a cave there, I don't remember the name of the quest about it but every time I enter there..and I can't do anything..I'm not able to see myself, not able to move...nothing..can't get out...eventually I have to restart the game..I've tried it 20 times at least..the same story :cry:

Hello, Lelopexa!

Hmmmm.. never seen or heard about that potion issue before... weird stuff. Unless you are buying light health potions, and you have (medium) health potions equipped. Just a thought, but it doesn't really fit with the issue fixing itself on re-start.

Old Navy Port is a well-known issue on Xbox only. That is the cave you go into for the Undead Legion (ie Terus/Boneslicer quest). The "fix" is available, you need to go online (and I assume, with Sacred in the machine), and you should be automatically patched up to the "current" version. Since you are Xbox, you would also have the option to buy the carrier imp, which can be quite handy, or so I've heard ;) Never been online with my consoles :(

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the glitches and bugs appear mostly at random, it shouldnt all happen in one spesific area, if so im sure they'd fix it if it kept happening over and over in one spot on the entire map ;p

• 5 months later...

Just a small bug? While playing my veiled Shadow Warrior, I noticed I have the option to "Talk" to veiled enemies, such as the desert warriors. I thought it was pretty funny.

Another issue with the Shadow Veil... I was playing online with a Temple Guardian in the swamp. Though my veil was up, the undead could clearly see me and started attacking me. Not sure what caused this.

Edited by warlock_00

Just a small bug? While playing my veiled Shadow Warrior, I noticed I have the option to "Talk" to veiled enemies, such as the desert warriors. I thought it was pretty funny.

Another issue with the Shadow Veil... I was playing online with a Temple Guardian in the swamp. Though my veil was up, the undead could clearly see me and started attacking me. Not sure what caused this.

I've noticed the "Talk" option also. You can get the same effect if you run up to them quickly enough (before their invisibility drops).

As for the Online issue: This happens often online (and in local co-op also, since it follows the same rule set as online). If an enemy aggros a teammate, they can now freely target you.

I noticed that this doesn't seem to apply to bosses though. I've seen everyone except for myself wipe against a boss (a dragon), but the boss didn't target me in the end (he wandered around while I finished him off). However, when everyone else wiped against a pack of "non-boss mobs" (I think skeletons), they all came after me.

• 8 years later...

I've got Bargaining on my Seraphim toon and in the beginning, I was getting the "Seraphim price" at merchants. Now I only get the full price displayed. I've restarted the game and system and tried my level 2 HE toon with Bargaining, it's the same issue. I can no longer get a discounted price?

Also, eating runes doesn't level up the respective combat art.

• 3 years later...

I'm not sure if anybody has come across this but on my Xbox Series S digital version of the game, characters with transparent textures tend to flash white a ton. 

I've never come across this bug while using the disc version. 

• Like! 1