I still don't understand items that "convert 35% damage" to magic, or to ice.

I look at my overview statistics, and my damage overall, has increased by a lot. Do items like these just reduce your physical damage, or actually add more damage done and increase your damage, by adding magic to your physical?

If this was the case, I could stack magic pearls and ice fangs or lava chunks and get my damage to unbelievable high amounts.

It just seems like my physical attacks aren't affected at all, and I'm doing much more damage when I have items or rings/amulets socketed with these modifiers.

I look at my overview statistics, and my damage overall, has increased by a lot. Do items like these just reduce your physical damage, or actually add more damage done and increase your damage, by adding magic to your physical?

If this was the case, I could stack magic pearls and ice fangs or lava chunks and get my damage to unbelievable high amounts.

It just seems like my physical attacks aren't affected at all, and I'm doing much more damage when I have items or rings/amulets socketed with these modifiers.

Yeah, I'm kind of confused about the percentages to a specific type of damage too. My friend told me that a "5% ice damage" item would transfer 5% of physical damage to ice damage rather than adding 5% ice damage on top of physical damage. Is this true? I guess I should go check it out in the wiki... :crazy:

It depends:

If you're talking about a ring, or an item mod that says "{Element} Damage + XX%" then it increases the element damage of that type.

If you're talking about a socketable Lava Chunk etc that says "Convert {Element} Damage: XX%" then:

For a Weapon attack (melee/ranged):

It converts XX% of Physical Damage to that Element

AND

It converts all elemental damage to that Element.

For spells:

Nothing

It depends:

If you're talking about a ring, or an item mod that says "{Element} Damage + XX%" then it increases the element damage of that type.

If you're talking about a socketable Lava Chunk etc that says "Convert {Element} Damage: XX%" then:

For a Weapon attack (melee/ranged):

It converts XX% of Physical Damage to that Element

AND

It converts all elemental damage to that Element.

For spells:

Nothing

so you can't have a lava chunk and ice crystal or poison fang all socketed into your gear, then? Just one?

Each weapon only has 1 possbile elemental slot. Some weapons do not do pure physical damage, like Ice Flash..a large part of it's base damage is Ice.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...28One-Handed%29

You could but an ice crystal in it to further increase the % of the base weapon damage is considered Ice..or use anything else you want.

Again weapons will only have 1 damage type slot.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Forging

The reason for the ability to switch to and elemental weapon damage is to let players capitalize on a foe's armor weakness for maximum damage potential. Example..that fire creatures are likely going to be very resistant to fire...but vulnerable to ice.