Some TG questions for the experts

Hey :)

I am playing a TG build around Deathly Spears.

this far I have choosen the following skills:

Devout Guardian Focus (putting points for mastery)

Tactics Lore (putting points for mastery)

Bargaining (putting points for mastery)

Enhanced Perception

Warding Energy Lore

Combat Reflexes

Armor Lore

Concentration

Constitution

But I am unsure of the last skill.

Plan is to keep focusing on Deathly Spears and the last skill should be support this build idea but of course in the same time help my TG to survive.

I have came on a few ideas:

1. Sword/hafted lore: on the wiki I read it helps with the casting time of DS. Now question is is it worth? How exactly modifies sword/hafted the use of DS?

2. Toughness: I am using Battle Aura (modded of protection) and T-Energy Shroud as buffs. This far they give me enough defensive capabilities - but of course at later lvls this could/will change and the extra armor from Toughness could come handy.

3. Source Warden Focus Untouchable Force seems a good choice that would support DS well. What you think is it worth to take?

Pros

The stun and the enemy attack speed decrease could really help.

Cons

I am very very far away to master concentration so I think I wouldnt be able to use Untouchable Force before level 100 (or so).

So what you think:

a, grab sword/hafted which benefits I would see sooner (if any)

b, go for toughness to raise my armor

c, take source warden planning for the far future

It would be a great help to hear your opinions before I am reaching the last skill point taking.

Hey,

delete Enhanced Perception (you'll find enough items without EP- trust me) and choose Blacksmith (75 points)

last skill Sword/hafted lore

try to get 100% absorb for your shield is the best way to survive

I definitely agree about 100% Absorb, although with only 80% you can survive with low amounts of Leech Life (since very little damage gets through).

Blacksmith vs EP depends, if you already have a high level smith go for EP, otherwise I have to agree go with BS.

WEL you'll want mastery as well, it'l give you a stronger shield (a lot more shield power and faster regen, so more survival)

Faster attack/cast speed means faster DS, of course you can get that from gear as well, so that's up to you.

All three are good choices, I'd suggest waiting for that choice until you need it, if you find you're getting hit a bit hard go with toughness, if you need attack speed go with sword/hafted (plus that can give you a source of other effects from unlockables). UF is nice as well, however if I were going pure melee I'd skip it and focus on the Devout aspect.

The fourth option would be:

Skip Concentration, use Combat Alert as a CA rather than as a buff (keeps the bonuses at double value and you can get duration to exceed casting time) and then you can take both Hafted/Sword Lore and Toughness.

Heya!

About your build.... I'm playing exactly the same build... took sword lore as last skill. (I do however agree that EP can be skipped, it IS nice however)

Last night Dusty was rushing my 84 TG. I can't stand waiting around so I decided to jump in and kill some orcs (Platinum)

I was fighting level 144 orcs... TG lost his shield a few times but was very much able to survive. The level difference being 60! levels.... so imagine what it's like later.

IF you skip EP... I would suggest ne of the following:

- Toughness (75 at the very least)

- Combat reflexes (would be my choice)

Don't worry if you already have EP.... Pump your Shroud and Combat Alert... and he's a true tank.... max out spears too.

Btw..... keeping combat alert a CA will double damage (roughly). I went easy Buff Utility style.... which is more than doable....

Don't forget repair and shield regen mods.... they're awesome with pumped buffs.

Have fun!

Greetz

Hey :)

Ty for the fast advices.

My TG is at level 43 and I have already choose the skills I mentioned except Combat Reflexes - but I will definitely take that one. So the question is still valid - which of the above mentioned skills should I take and why?

I dont really plan to actually do melee attacks - except DS so if sword/hafted lore doesnt supports significantly DS then it should be skipped. But for example if it cuts the casting animation in half then its worth considering.

I already have a niob smith so I am passing blacksmith here - and following my personal experience EP IS working and quite nicely.

Btw what do you mean get 100% absorb? And how to do it?

I already modded Shroud this way: Power - Recharge - Reflection

Btw what do you mean get 100% absorb? And how to do it?

I already modded Shroud this way: Power - Recharge - Reflection

Slevin told me this. Maybe he read this and can correct me. You need 40% absorb from rings/amu . The rest will come from the shield

I'll ask him tonight in teamspeak and post tomorrow

You do only need 40% from gear, the other 60% comes from T-Shroud, while seraphim is 50% base from Warding, and 100% base from Divine protection

There are some amulets with +xx% absorb energy shield. You need to socket some of them to get 100% absob all in all. The base value of the shield without any items is 60% from the shield, so you only need additional 40% from such amulets or from other gear.

With 100% absorb you don't need Constitition any more. I would change that for Toughness.

The combination with 100% absorb and amulets with +xx% max. shield energy works very well. So you can get a very high shield which absorbs all of the opponents damage. For that it's recommendable to take at least 75 points in Warding Energy Lore.

The only reason I would still suggest taking constitution is for the odd enemy that might possibly have "Opponent absorb -XX%" or if you happen to have some on an item and reflect back at yourself. Plus the extra padding in HC is always useful. Although I will have to consider that change, Toughness might be a fully viable alternative.

I never noticed that an enemy has "Opponent absorb -XX%". I think that is only important for PvP. There is just one exception: "...the Garganthropod's weaken attack, may still decrease player health points despite the presence of the shield.".

If Deathly Spears is your main damage CA, Combat Discipline will boost the damage. Also, I wonder whether CD will affect T-energy Shroud (might test that on my level 200 blank/test char tonight if I remember).

keep in mind the perks from sword/hafted wont stack with tactics, so there is no atk speed bonus from having both.

Tactics has no attack speed bonus, it only adds damage/crit chances. So yes they will stack.

Tactics Lore = Damage + Crit

Weapon Lore = Speed + Attack Rating.