Any advice distributing attribute points for Shadow Warrior?

SUp all...kinda new to this game.. Wanted to know if I should jus pour all my attribute points into strength and a lil in vitality?..Any special way to be most efficient with this character?...also..What are the best ways to modify GR, RE, DB, SS, and also Frenzy? Oh and 1 more question plz..by taking sword skill...is the spec deadly wound better than polearms or hafted? Any sage advice and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

Also...besides Tactics...which other skill(s) should I max out..btw..my Shadow Warrior is strictly a melee fighter.

If you take Tactics you do not need any other specific lore for melee.(I.e. sword,hafted,ranged, etc...)

I put every point into str on my level 43 SW he has almost 80% survival bonus and 0 deaths. you will get enough hp from grim res. and constitution skill. take constitution to 75 at least for regen while fighting. list me off what skills you have so far and how many points in ech and you're SW's level. pls.

Hi Avarice and welcome to the forum :bow:

On attributes...I usually take Str (depending on weapon type-some take dex) and then when I get 2 attrib points per level, I'll split points between Str and Vit or Sta depending on build

While there isn't any real right or wrong way to pick the CA mods I'll list how I usually select them

GR: Rejuvenation, Readiness, Safeguard

RE: Backlash, Anti-Magic, Riposte

DB: Vehemence, Frailty, Trauma

SS: Force, Intent, Rage

FR: Double Attack, Double Strike, Envenom

Now these are what I usually pick but I do select other based on what my build/needs are. Nor will you go wrong by choosing differently than me. So much depends on build and your playing style.

I prefer swords for 1 main reason over the others

Faster attack speed

Hope this is enough to get you started and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :bow:

Hi Avarice and welcome to the forum :bow:

On attributes...I usually take Str (depending on weapon type-some take dex) and then when I get 2 attrib points per level, I'll split points between Str and Vit or Sta depending on build

While there isn't any real right or wrong way to pick the CA mods I'll list how I usually select them

GR: Rejuvenation, Readiness, Safeguard

RE: Backlash, Anti-Magic, Riposte

DB: Vehemence, Frailty, Trauma

SS: Force, Intent, Rage

FR: Double Attack, Double Strike, Envenom

Now these are what I usually pick but I do select other based on what my build/needs are. Nor will you go wrong by choosing differently than me. So much depends on build and your playing style.

I prefer swords for 1 main reason over the others

Faster attack speed

Hope this is enough to get you started and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :bow:

sweet...ty guys...so u would go swords or dual then?...also my skills are going to be...(still level 25 and havent invested in any..lol)

1.tactics

2.DW

3.Malevolent

4.concentration

5.weapon lore (not sure what I was going to master)

6.armor lore

7.constitution

8.toughness

9.combat disc.

10.*maybe combat reflexes .... trying to make a beast character with high dmg. and can take hits

I'm partial to dual wielding swords....just love Frenzied Rampage while dw'ing. (not as great on hellhound...much slower execution)

Does DW= Death Warrior or Dual Wield ? If it equals Dual Wield than I would skip a weapon lore as stats do not stack

All your skills look good and if DW stands for Death Warrior, having high GR and RE going makes you just about invincible....you really have to try to get yourself killed :bow:

I'm partial to dual wielding swords....just love Frenzied Rampage while dw'ing. (not as great on hellhound...much slower execution)

Does DW= Death Warrior or Dual Wield ? If it equals Dual Wield than I would skip a weapon lore as stats do not stack

All your skills look good and if DW stands for Death Warrior, having high GR and RE going makes you just about invincible....you really have to try to get yourself killed :bow:

lol..yes.. it means Death warrior..not dual wield...However..if I invest in dual wield, then I dont get the deadly wounds perk of investing in sword lore. Is that a good perk to have, or does it really matter at all?...I know polearm will give me chance to hit multiple opponents, but deadly wounds not sure about what exactly it does. Jus seems that almost everyone goes dual..lol.. Also, which of my skills would u max out? Tactics?... should I leave Death warrior and Malevolent at 30?...What about investing in my sword or dual art? put taht to 75:)

It's a nice mod....but at some point you'll find swords requiring the sword mastery (75 points) to unlock mod. With max GR/RE I'd rather go with more offense, so I usually dual wield. Skills I typically keep high level/max are Tactics and Focuses though max Constitution is good too. I usually keep all other skills half of what Tactics/Focuses are (though I've been known to rush certain skills to 75 and then don't put points into them again for awhile like Ancient Magic, Const or Blacksmith)

Deadly wounds is phys damage over time....I.e. they suffer severe blood loss and can die after a few secs.

It's a nice mod....but at some point you'll find swords requiring the sword mastery (75 points) to unlock mod. With max GR/RE I'd rather go with more offense, so I usually dual wield. Skills I typically keep high level/max are Tactics and Focuses though max Constitution is good too. I usually keep all other skills half of what Tactics/Focuses are (though I've been known to rush certain skills to 75 and then don't put points into them again for awhile like Ancient Magic, Const or Blacksmith)

Deadly wounds is phys damage over time....I.e. they suffer severe blood loss and can die after a few secs.

so maxing the DW and MAL lore is clutch then?...then distribute other points accordingly (after maxing tactics also)? Hmm..Maxing DW and MAL will make auras stronger as well?

Yes keeping those max'd or close to it will allow you to have higher buff lvls without penalties...when I say max I really mean they're twice the level of other skills like armor, const etc..just a general guideline I follow. And having high focuses is important not just for CA level but also for regen. I generally keep my buffs high and attack Combat Arts low and try to increase attack Combat Arts mostly thru equip

is buff really that important for sw?

which have better dps(damage per second) ,two handed weapon or dual wielding ,for example 2 handed sword with dual wield sword?

so since dual wield skill overrides weapon lore ,is it better to spend skill point on dual wield if we want to use 1 handed weapon and weapon lore such as polearm,sword,hafted ,etc if we want to equip 2 handed weapon?

is buff really that important for sw?

which have better dps(damage per second) ,two handed weapon or dual wielding ,for example 2 handed sword with dual wield sword?

so since dual wield skill overrides weapon lore ,is it better to spend skill point on dual wield if we want to use 1 handed weapon and weapon lore such as polearm,sword,hafted ,etc if we want to equip 2 handed weapon?

I believe that question cannot be answered without knowing your combat skills of choice.

From a weapon-damage perspective:

- Dual is best for FR - more hits = more chances for additional hit procs. FR is not as good while mounted.

- I've seen various answers on the Sweeping / Demonic weapon of choice.

- Hafted is best for Spectral Hand, according to the SW guides page.

From a mod perspective:

Dual will pull ahead endgame. Dual offers the ability to have up to 6(!) gold slots. Any specific weapon skill offers 3 slots+inherent weapon abilities unlocked by specific weapon skills. When you're dealing with something like +15-18 to all Combat Arts or all skills per gold slot endgame, it is going to be a rare inherent weapon ability that would surpass the extra slots from dual. This, of course, assumes you have someone to feed you quality gold ammies. You also get all sorts of other options, like massive magic find buffs, which are how your SW can pay back his bargaining friend.

----

Erm, and as for the buff question: SW has fantastic buffs. RE and SV are both godmodes in their own way but require significant rune investment for maximum return, and NA and GR aren't too shoddy either.

Edited by BlindPetey

okay so u r saying that dual wield need more money endgame?

ehm if I don't have friend who cannot supply me enough money then...it would be a waste because I cannot feed my 3 gold slot weapon?

then maybe I should go for 2 handed weapon since all my friends also broke ....hahaha

Dual is not really more expensive...weapon/shield will basically have the same amount of sockets (some unique swords have 4). When you start getting into higher lvls (Gold and above)you shouldn't have an issue with gold..as long as you have been picking up gear and selling it as you've been level'ing

IMO buffs are important for all characters.

SV really only requires 25 lvls....at that point (depending on mods) you will have 100% invisibility while using any CA.

RE and GR are great....from defensive standpoint nothing beats GR...the bonus to Willpower is tremendous. I have had max GR/RE and walked up to dragons and let them kill themselves against me without fighting back and maybe used 2-3 health pots.

Sorry about that

GR = Grim Resilience

RE = Reflective Emanation

hey knuckles...when u mean max GR and RE...u mean pour skill points into them or eat a FECAL MATTER! ton of runes..:) or both?

When I say max CA level...I typically refer to max level without running into penalty. If you hover over your aspect focus in skill window it will show max level of Combat Arts without penalty. I will keep those buffs at that level (or higher) depending on how bad it affects my other Combat Arts regen

When I say max skill level...I mean that my primary skills will be about twice the level of the other ones. For instance I have a SW using Death Warrior Aspect. In this build I want Tactics and Aspect at 'max'. Other skills like Armor and Constitution are 1/2 max level.

So if I presently have Tactics/Aspect at level 20, then the other skills will be around level 10. During the early lvls my 'max' skill level will be lower than the character level, but as I level up (and get more skill points per level) and find + skill gear, then 'max' skill level will be much higher than my toon level. It's just a general rule I use so that my skills are increased in an orderly fashion.

Hope that made sense and didn't confuse you :)

• 3 weeks later...
SUp all...kinda new to this game.. Wanted to know if I should jus pour all my attribute points into strength and a lil in vitality?..Any special way to be most efficient with this character?...also..What are the best ways to modify GR, RE, DB, SS, and also Frenzy? Oh and 1 more question plz..by taking sword skill...is the spec deadly wound better than polearms or hafted? Any sage advice and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

Also...besides Tactics...which other skill(s) should I max out..btw..my SW is strictly a melee fighter.

Gotta say I like polearms, the chance to hit additional targets, while minor, does help, instantly killing 6 mobs with 1 spectral hand (higher level cause its used less) is always fun, Frenzied rampage gives a rather significant chance that one of the hits is going to AE, and everyone uses swords. as far as the attributes go I like to keep my vit, str, and sta equal, less damage I know, but if you're in melee, you're taking punishment