My Little Pony - a Horse Riding Build

since there seems to be an increase in people trying horsebuilds I decided to post mine, so...

Pony.Inc proudly presents:

4 star general in the ancarian cavalry

first things first, if you are looking for an insane bosskiller or a build that can kill 30 monsters at once, this one is not for you.

its a fast moving build using, in this case, a polearm with a high chance to hit additional opponents, multihit from now on.

multihit combined with the horses charge combat art provides good crowdcontrol, something every builds needs in some way. (imo ofcourse :))

having a rider is also a great way to collect runes for your other toons, since we are not needing them, horses have their own combat arts.

so lets get on to the basics, what attributes and skills chosen.

Attributes

Strength, strength, some more strength and some vit just to feel safe :4rofl:

strength increases dmg output and attack rating, both of which this build can start lacking when underequiped (which is easy in my case, cause its my only toon on platinum and I rely on monster drops and other players generousity :P )

after almost biting the dust against Kral in the jungle and a big green scorp in the desert on platinum I started putting 1 point in vitality every level up after level 100 just to feel a bit safer. ive come all this way and will be sad when my pony bites the dust (again) :P

Skills

ive chosen blacksmith and keep it at character level all the way to 200. everyone needs a blacksmith and since im going to take this one to 200 I thought: why not :cool:

my other skills I took in this order:

Polearms: multihit, best weapon for a horsebuild. I took it to mastery at level 75 and will add more after the other skills have reached mastery. higher polearm skill increases multihit%. with level 139 polearms I have a 22.2% chance for multihit on platinum :oooo:

Constitution: needs no explanation id say. I took it to mastery at level 75

Armor lore: same as constitution, survival. put some points in it before level 75 and took it to mastery after

Tactics lore: damage output. I put points in here when I find damage lacking, which is 1 point at least every level atm

Toughness: once again, survival. raising it together with tactics lore

Riding: increases maximum horse level and increases the horses stats (the ones linked to riding skill, like multihit is linked to pole arms skill). also lowers combat art regen, but the horses regen times are bugged atm so I dont bother too much about it. mastery of riding gives a nice boost to run speed

Combat reflexes: evade melee and close combat crits, very good. got some points in it, will get to mastery at some point

Spell resistance: raises your defence against spell based combat arts and their crits. same as combat reflexes, got some points in it, will get it to mastery later

Damage lore: increases chance to burn/poison etc, and at mastery increases the damage and duration of burn/poison. I took it for that little edge in dmg and it just looks cool, burning 5 or 6 monsters in 1 multihit :evil:

Gear

there are some pieces I recommend, starting with:

your weapon: impaler of heroes. I want 4 eventually, 1 for each element. it has te highest multihit I've seen sofar and drops quite often.

body armor and helmet: both from the Infernal torment set. both have 3 slots and a huge armor bonus

Shoulders: Shoulders of decay from the eternal silence set. 3 slots, a vitality bonus and some life leech. the best ones ive seen sofar.

Belt, gloves and boots: I took those 3 from Armantin's legacy. having 3 parts of that set gives a nice armor bonus, so until I find better boots and gloves im going to stick with these. the belt however is going to stay till the end. chance to reflect close combat and a nice vitality boost are most welcome indeed :4rofl:

Also check Dmolishers TG Rider

he added some pics of the different horses available in ancaria. I go with the Reflecting pony since its the best one around (imo :yay: )

well, thats about all I could come up with about my horsy, if I come up with more info, or you have things you'd like to see in this little guide, pm me or post a reply and ill add them later.

I hope this guide gave you some inspiration to build a rider yourself and experiment a bit with it. id love to hear about your builds :bounce:

many thanks to D.a.r.k and DA clans for answering my questions and making sacred 2 a blessing to play :bow:

Now bang your heads on Pony Power!! ;)

Edited by gogoblender

Zomg! Teh General Supreme of Teh Uber Ancarian Cavalry! *salutes*

Nice guide SIR!

Hope To Build out my seraphim Rider as good as yours SIR!

*salutes again*

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

PS: Nice music too, love teh Metalz! ;)

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Heya Cavalry boss, nice guide.

Uhm the music are good.

But I bet few likes it :P

See you ingame, as usually somewhere.

;) Cavalry power :P

Edited by D-molisher

At last the Great Pony arrives! You started quite a trend, haha. Can I have your autograph?! *Sings My Little Pony* ;)

Very nice guide Pony and I have to say that I really didn't know that Riding could have such an affect on horse selection from the dealer. That's a cool bit of info.

Ride on Pony! :P

Bravo!

*mad applause*

Definitely the best looking mount in game, and I'm dying to see what the damage of Horse Combat Arts up in Niobium is going to be like.

Pony, insprirer of the horse builds phenomenon. Well done mate! You've put together some great tips for curious fans. As one of your most devout followers, I can only say one thing:

What a Tank

And the pony's excretion of runes...marvelous!

;4rofl:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Horse Combat Arts are spells, so ancient magic and intelligence boost their damage. Do you think that a character can kill with horse Combat Arts allone on higher levels?

My daughter is trying to do a horsewhisperer with acute mind just for fun. She can kill a whole group with charge the few seconds acute mind is up with her level 41 character.

TIA Chattius

Horse Combat Arts are spells, so ancient magic and intelligence boost their damage. Do you think that a character can kill with horse Combat Arts allone on higher levels?

My daughter is trying to do a horsewhisperer with acute mind just for fun. She can kill a whole group with charge the few seconds acute mind is up with her level 41 character.

TIA Chattius

Woooow never thought about that, you should make a video about it, I rly want to see that charging carnage :P

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

TIA Chattius

That's a good question. I always made it a point to put as much "power" into horse Combat Arts as possible... Your mention of Ancient Magic is a paradigm shift. Nice. One of the things that is turning me off a bit with the horse Combat Arts is the buggy regen timer... all those points into Riding, and you won't get the proper regen.

Hopefully they'll be able to fix this in a later patch.

:)

gogo

We tried to do a video, but our play machines are not the newest (5 kids). Once the frame rate when doing a video is down to 8 frames only it is hard to control your riding.

You have to use the keyboard keys to change forward and backward movement, because as soon you run into an enemy the charge stops. And the regeneration times are a big problem too, sad, but true. She is already considering to try out a polearm elf instead a dryad, because the 15 seconds of acute mind are really short and only useful to make some funny things, but not for levelling a rider. You always have to unmount the horse to cast acute mind.

But polearm elves rely on their defensive Combat Arts to survive, all stuff which can't be done on horses. So perhaps again a dryad becuase she uis one of 3 character with ancient magic and has second highest intelligence and can do combat reflexes for polearms (which are a must for group control I think). Perhaps completly stay away from nature and do vodoo focus to have the animus as indoor boss fights. But I really hope that a patch or the addon will fic horse Combat Arts.

• 1 month later...

The build looks awesome im building one myself right now I have a question:

1- what does it mean on some weapons [combat values], does this influence anything to the multihit % or adds something useful?

EDIT: Just tried a new char a inquisitor and it rocks , but still need some good horsey, still using one with reflect mod. Maybe ill try a TG just for the utility skills.

Edited by nomad13

Hi Nomad.

It was awesome playing with Pony when he used to roam the servers. Him, me and Dmol used to have a great time running into mobs on horseback while slapping baddies with the weps.

Only big check is that no Combat Arts work whilst mounted. It's pretty challenging, but you'll end up with a very distinct build and a pretty impressive accomplishment if you can get it up to Niobium.

Good luck with the ride!

:D

gogo

heya, im back id say :)

I really had to take some time of gaming, did it a bit too much. found a new job and realized theres much more to life then rushing to level 200 :)

im still going for the title: "first pony on niob" :) so you can find me grinding somewhere in the next few weeks (but not as much as before, hehe)

level 129 atm, just patched to 2.43 and im going to see what was changed. I hope I dont have to restart my pony...

game on everybody, keep it balanced, keep it fun :D

Btw what is your play time on the server's, I would really love to ride with some of you just to get the feeling of riding with the cavalry :(

Or I could prepare myself for other things like that thing thats called kamikazy, ive got to get to read it but ive seen some movies and it looks awesome. :viking::guns:

Edited by nomad13

Heya,

Yes! Kamikaze rocks indeed :( Right now we have an evil generation running. Lvls 50-60 for next sunday I think.

@Pony! wb man! Good to see the Cavalry General on servers again.

Rohirrim!!

Greetz

WB Pony. :) Was nice to catch you online yesterday. Oh and I hear yah about taking a pc vacation, haha. Gotta take a lil break once in a while.

If you need any kind of help, items or just a grinding buddy please don't hesitate to say so! I always enjoy seeing your Pony build in action. :ninja:

TIA Chattius

Sorry for the late reply chattius, I kinda missed the question in your post :blush:

I honestly dont know. My Pony is almost level 140 atm and I havent spent any focus on intelligence or ca dmg altogether.

I dont use ancient magic cause it requires a "wasted" skillslot imo, and I mostly use the charge Ca to stun bosses and champs that can stun me. Stun or be stunned, thats the question id say :4rofl:

Dmg on that Ca is very low at my level, around 540 shown on the Ca button (my leftclick is around 8700) so I kinda doubt it can be raised to acceptable levels even with the use of ancient magic and/or combat discipline, but it's certainly something that can be tested somewhere in the future.

Post your findings here and ill edit it in when I find the time id say :P

The Combat Arts are very bugged too like Gogo mentioned. Its recharge is waaay longer on gold than it is on platinum although it shows a low timer (0.4 sec on plat).

The charge Ca is definetly a nice utility on plat since the actual recharge suddenly went down to acceptable times, around 6 seconds for the charge Ca (like I said: 0.4 sec is shown) and it became helpfull around bosses and some nasty champs. I'm almost at niob and I hope it goes down even further, I'll keep you posted.

I hope it helps make your choices for all who read this guide. My bet is on leftclick build and not a Ca horsebuild, at least, not while they are bugged like now.

Btw chattius, how does she use acute mind? Step of, cast and back on horse? sounds time consuming and can get the speed and fun out of the build id say.

:) Greetings and Ride On I say :viking:

The build looks awesome im building one myself right now I have a question:

1- what does it mean on some weapons [combat values], does this influence anything to the multihit % or adds something useful?

EDIT: Just tried a new char a inquisitor and it rocks , but still need some good horsey, still using one with reflect mod. Maybe ill try a TG just for the utility skills.

I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but I'll give it a go.

Combat values are your attack and defence values, which influences your chance to hit and be hit, not your chance to multihit.

Multihit only comes from weapons like this.

See the line that says: chance to hit additional opponents? That is your chance to multihit as I like to call it and is raised by putting more points into the polearm skill when you level up and by equiping items that raise polearms, offencive skills and all skills.

to give an example, my total polearm skill is 146 atm, giving me 23% chance to hit additional opponents.

Hope it helps, Ride On I say :P

Are you using horse-Combat Arts at all. Do you have any experience with them? My oldest daughter is playing a horse-build which uses the horse-Combat Arts. It is terrible to play for a longer time, because it needs a high real life concentration. The problems seem to be that horse-Combat Arts are spells, so their damage comes from intelligence ,ancient magic, combat discipline and riding skill. Horse_CA's regeneration timeare no where near the time which is shown in their window.

She is playing a dryad with acute mind. She has to unmount, start AM, mount do a charge or 2 while it is up, ride a distance, unmount, AM, mount, .......

Charge with AM is able to kill a whole group. The possible remaining champion she kills with AM boosted staff. She used alchemy to unlock riding, so hitchance trophies from trolls are always needed.

It seems that charge attacks are best done with the forward and backwards keys. If you use horse-Combat Arts, what is your preferred tactic?

TIA chattius

Are you using horse-Combat Arts at all. Do you have any experience with them? My oldest daughter is playing a horse-build which uses the horse-Combat Arts. It is terrible to play for a longer time, because it needs a high real life concentration. The problems seem to be that horse-Combat Arts are spells, so their damage comes from intelligence ,ancient magic, combat discipline and riding skill. Horse_CA's regeneration timeare no where near the time which is shown in their window.

She is playing a dryad with acute mind. She has to unmount, start AM, mount do a charge or 2 while it is up, ride a distance, unmount, AM, mount, .......

Charge with AM is able to kill a whole group. The possible remaining champion she kills with AM boosted staff. She used alchemy to unlock riding, so hitchance trophies from trolls are always needed.

It seems that charge attacks are best done with the forward and backwards keys. If you use horse-Combat Arts, what is your preferred tactic?

TIA chattius

I used relics bought with a low level Niobium trader to buy me best relics possible. This boosted the level of the Riding so that the damage would go up. Multi Hit coming off my Pole Arm was enough to take out most mobs ( I made my own build focus on Multi after Pony kept saying how important it was for the build) and only used the Alchemy for bosses when I remembered it.

:)

gogo